Songs of Separatism and Independence

MisterrSingh

I like the irish   never had a negative experience with one   even the travelers lol.    We have a traveller family living 2 houses down from ours and they only talk to asian neighbours  they dnt talk to the english neighbours lol! 

This old irish lady in her 70s that we used to work with told us how hard it used to be being irish in england. She told us how the english used to discriminate against them because they were Catholics/irish    If you were catholic then they didnt give you jobs and used to reject you. You weren't allowed to enter their pubs, catholic kids were rejected from schools,  you were a second class citizen if you were catholic.  A lot of segregation. 

She told us this in the canteen because us asians were talking about how the white managers favour the white staff and let the white staff get away with stuff,  she then joined in and told us she understands where we are coming from   she also said theres no point complaining or moaning about it because discrimination will always be there     she was like  just get on with it lol

She always used to sit on the "asian/black" table in the canteen   not the "English table" lol 

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I always wanted to know what the deal was between the Irish and the English; how the troubles started, etc., considering I grew up seeing so much about it on the news as a kid. So the lock-down allowed me to read up on it.

It's the traitors that let the side down. Always the traitors.

It goes back centuries. 

Ireland was a colony of the Brits. (William of Orange)

Potato famine in the 19th century forced Irish to move to the Americas. 

Massacre in Dublin I think in the early 1900s. Read up about Michael Collins (Ireland's Bhagat Singh)

Formation of Irish Republic except Northern Ireland which was Protestant majority (made up English and Scottish settlers during the time of William of Orange)

This is kind of my summary understanding. 

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It goes back centuries. 

Ireland was a colony of the Brits. (William of Orange)

Potato famine in the 19th century forced Irish to move to the Americas. 

Massacre in Dublin I think in the early 1900s. Read up about Michael Collins (Ireland's Bhagat Singh)

Formation of Irish Republic except Northern Ireland which was Protestant majority (made up English and Scottish settlers during the time of William of Orange)

This is kind of my summary understanding. 

I started reading about Michael Collins today. Great guy.

Reading YouTube comments under Irish rebellion videos a while ago, and there's the typical boot-licking from Indians about how they too "fought" the British and declared independence after suffering under British oppression and devious tricks designed to demoralise and destroy them. I asked the cheeky beggar if he'd extend Sikhs the same luxury by supporting Sikh independence from the devilish Indian state. The s.o.b. called me a Khalistani terrorist, lmao.