Songs of Separatism and Independence

MisterrSingh

15 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's more than a coincidence that when the immediate fighting between a rebel force and the ruling country subsides, a considerable drug problem emerges among the "problem" population which ravages any potential possibility of the next generation continuing the fight. How do you destroy the potential of a new generation of rebels? Turn them into druggies. I wonder where we've seen that before. It's something the people of Derry are dealing with at this moment, too.

One of the things about the IRA is that they are seen as freedom fighters to some and terrorists to others.

However,  I knew quite a few Irish (from the Republic and they are Catholics as well) and they hated the IRA because they are seen as gangsters. They are involved in drug dealing, extortion, gambling etc.

The Unionist paramilitaries were just as bad, if not worse.

10 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

One of the things about the IRA is that they are seen as freedom fighters to some and terrorists to others.

However,  I knew quite a few Irish (from the Republic and they are Catholics as well) and they hated the IRA because they are seen as gangsters. They are involved in drug dealing, extortion, gambling etc.

I think during the period of the early 1900s (and before that during the 1800s) they had huge support amongst the people. I wouldn't be surprised that as time went by the various groups were infiltrated and subverted by the British who then did the typical divide and conquer so these units and forces destroyed themselves from within, thus losing popular support. 

49 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think during the period of the early 1900s (and before that during the 1800s) they had huge support amongst the people. I wouldn't be surprised that as time went by the various groups were infiltrated and subverted by the British who then did the typical divide and conquer so these units and forces destroyed themselves from within, thus losing popular support. 

The implant of English and Scottish settlers was definitely part of that. 

As well as some of the Dublin elite.

9 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That's true. My family was involved before the IRA. They were snipers mainly. 

The funding and methods of the IRA, that came from previous bands, were considered too much by many Irish. 

It must be noted we didn't really get progress until the war was turned to terror in brittain. 

Still my grandmother would shake her head and say that isn't our way. 

cromwell was a protestant and carried out ethnic cleansing of Catholicism throughout Britain   he carried out the destruction and vandalism of catholic churches/cathedrals up and down the country.  there are many old churches still standing that were vandalized by him. he wanted to cleanse Britain of any catholic tradition, rituals  any traces     he felt it was impure and blasphemy and satanic    many catholic churches were raided, vandalized and all the catholic symbols and art was destroyed  i saw a documentary about some of the catholic churches that were vandalized    the idols, stain glass windows, art everything was smashed     but like any christian move/change   it obviously was for political reasons i guess  lol  

38 minutes ago, puzzled said:

cromwell was a protestant and carried out ethnic cleansing of Catholicism throughout Britain   he carried out the destruction and vandalism of catholic churches/cathedrals up and down the country.  there are many old churches still standing that were vandalized by him. he wanted to cleanse Britain of any catholic tradition, rituals  any traces     he felt it was impure and blasphemy and satanic    many catholic churches were raided, vandalized and all the catholic symbols and art was destroyed  i saw a documentary about some of the catholic churches that were vandalized    the idols, stain glass windows, art everything was smashed     but like any christian move/change   it obviously was for political reasons i guess  lol  

Oh yes, Mr Cromwell the Roundhead himself, "The Lord Protector "

It was these types that left for the Americas in the 1600's. 

On 4/23/2020 at 6:29 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Interestingly, it was Cromwell who allowed the Jews to return to England in 1656 after their expulsion in 1290. What a Cohencidence. ?

If they had bank statements back in the day, Cromwell's printouts would've made for fascinating reading. Oy vey! 

Dem pesky Jews turning up again.....hhmmmmm lol