Songs of Separatism and Independence

MisterrSingh

10 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Reading YouTube comments under Irish rebellion videos a while ago, and there's the typical boot-licking from Indians about how they too "fought" the British and declared independence after suffering under British oppression and devious tricks designed to demoralise and destroy them. I asked the cheeky beggar if he'd extend Sikhs the same luxury by supporting Sikh independence from the devilish Indian state. The s.o.b. called me a Khalistani terrorist, lmao.  

I heard in the Irish bar that some of the Indian independence figures went to university in Ireland?  

Curiously, one thing older Irishmen sometimes start conversations about is the Indira Gandhi situation and 84. I think they secretly wish that they could have pulled that off with Thatcher?

From these conversations I've learnt that it is a very common misconception (amongst outsiders) that Shaheed Beant Singh and Satwant Singh were somehow affiliated with Sant Jarnail Singh ji and did what they did in retaliation for the attack on him personally, as opposed to the attack on Harmandir Sahib. 

20 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

From these conversations I've learnt that it is a very common misconception (amongst outsiders) that Shaheed Beant Singh and Satwant Singh were somehow affiliated with Sant Jarnail Singh ji and did what they did in retaliation for the attack on him personally, as opposed to the attack on Harmandir Sahib. 

I don't think they were affiliated with Taksal or anything. It was just a humdardhi for Sikhs and the attack on our holiest shrine that pushed them over the edge.

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

I don't think they were affiliated with Taksal or anything. It was just a humdardhi for Sikhs and the attack on our holiest shrine that pushed them over the edge.

Exactly. 

But it's a common misconception that they were somehow affiliated to Taksaal and took revenge for the attack on their 'leader'. 

Their upbringings, backgrounds and dharmic perspectives were likely to have been VERY different to sant jis, and I believe what you wrote above is accurate.  

4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Exactly. 

But it's a common misconception that they were somehow affiliated to Taksaal and took revenge for the attack on their 'leader'. 

Their upbringings, backgrounds and dharmic perspectives were likely to have been VERY different to sant jis, and I believe what you wrote above is accurate.  

Unless actual Taksal insiders are aware of some exchange between the two parties, I can't see any coordination to the extent suggested. It's the first time I've heard of it, tbh. They were in a prime position to strike, and they took a punt. 

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It goes back centuries. 

Ireland was a colony of the Brits. (William of Orange)

Potato famine in the 19th century forced Irish to move to the Americas. 

Massacre in Dublin I think in the early 1900s. Read up about Michael Collins (Ireland's Bhagat Singh)

Formation of Irish Republic except Northern Ireland which was Protestant majority (made up English and Scottish settlers during the time of William of Orange)

This is kind of my summary understanding. 

Goes back longer than that bro. And we were no colony. 

The combined Celtic people's still found in Ireland, Whales, Scotland, and Isle of man, withstood Viking invasions since the mists of history. 

Even the Roman Empire failed to fully subjugate the Gaelic and Bretonic Celts for which Brittain is named. 

"Anglo Saxons" invaded as Rome fell and those savages been raping the whole world since then. 

The Celtic people have been fighting imperialist devils since forever. 

It's more than a coincidence that when the immediate fighting between a rebel force and the ruling country subsides, a considerable drug problem emerges among the "problem" population which ravages any potential possibility of the next generation continuing the fight. How do you destroy the potential of a new generation of rebels? Turn them into druggies. I wonder where we've seen that before. It's something the people of Derry are dealing with at this moment, too.