Baba Deep Singh jee's handwritten ugardanti bani

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

r u sure about this?

Yes I read it in one of his books few years ago. Can't remember which one. But I am sure it was a quote from Ugardanti because I looked it up at the time. Sikhs of today have become very missionary influenced even though elders of the past believed in this.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:58 PM, Jonny101 said:

Yes I read it in one of his books few years ago. Can't remember which one. But I am sure it was a quote from Ugardanti because I looked it up at the time. Sikhs of today have become very missionary influenced even though elders of the past believed in this.

Hanji this bani is mentioned in jail chittityan I think. Bhai sahib used to recite many Dasam bani everyday in jail like chandi Di vaar and charitars, shastar naam mala etc

On 4/27/2020 at 4:46 PM, Jonny101 said:

some modern AKJers in the west having being influenced by missionaries have ironically become deniers of Dasam Bani.

The jathedars all agree with Dasam bani. However, there are some prasid  kirtanis who refuse recite the bani. Lol so ironic as they always go on about bhai sahib bhai randhir Singh when he has quoted Dasam bani in almost all of their pustaks. 

That being said they will 100% always be at least one shabad or tukk from Dasam bani at every rainsabhai. I think the Jatha is just against parkash alongside maharaj of Dasam bani and al lot of them only believe in the sodak committee changed bir. 

1 hour ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Hanji this bani is mentioned in jail chittityan I think. Bhai sahib used to recite many Dasam bani everyday in jail like chandi Di vaar and charitars, shastar naam mala etc

The tukh he had quoted if I remember correctly was ਦੁਹੂੰ ਪੰਥ ਮੈਂ ਕਪਟ ਵਿੱਦਯਾ ਚਲਾਨੀ || ਬਹੁੜ ਤੀਸਰਾ ਪੰਥ ਕੀਜੈ ਪਰਧਾਨੀ ||

On 4/29/2020 at 1:39 PM, shastarSingh said:

can u plz tell which meanings r wrong?

it will be a good sewa.

The translator is Harjinder Singh Kanwal. I have his book at home and was reading it a few years ago and noticed many mistranslations done. Here I have listed a few with my own translation in the brackets.

ਸਕਲ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਪੰਥ ਗਾਜੇ।।
ਜਗੈ ਧਰਮ ਹਿੰਦੁਕ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁੰਦ ਭਾਜੇ।।
(Through out the world the Khalsa Panth will be prominent. Within this world the Dharm of the Hindus and Turks will take flight.)

The translater has translated ਜਗੈ to mean ਜਾਗਣਾ when it should mean ਜੱਗ ਵਿੱਚ। 

To support the flow and meaning of this pangti other verses should also be looked at which supports this meaning.

ਦਹੂੰ ਪੰਥ ਮੈਂ ਕਪਟ ਵਿੱਦਯਾ ਚਲਾਨੀ।। 
ਬਹੁੜ ਤੀਸਰ ਪੰਥ ਕੀਜੈ ਪਰਧਾਨੀ।।
(The vidhya of both the Panths(of Hindus and Muslims) is corrupted. Elevate the teesr Panth(over the other two Panths).)

ਮੜੀ ਗੋਰ ਦੇਵਲ ਮਸੀਤਾਂ ਗਿਰਾਯੰ।।
ਤੁਹੀ ਏਕ ਅਕਾਲ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਾਯੰ।।
(Demolish the graves, mandhirs and mosques. Make me meditate on the One Akal, Har Har.)

The translator maybe doesn't want to include Hindus so instead of translating ਦੇਵਲ as Mandirs he translates it as monastery in order to disassociate that word from Hindu place of worship.

ਮਿਟਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਸਲਾਵਤ ਅਠਾਰਹਿ ਪੁਰਾਨਾ।।
ਮਿਟੈ ਬਾਂਗ ਸਲਾਵਤ ਸੁਨੰਤ ਕੁਰਾਨਾ।।
(Eradicate the Vedas and eighteen Puranas. Eradicate the Azaan(ਬਾਂਗ), Namaaz, circumcision(ਸੁਨੰਤ) and Quran.)

On 4/30/2020 at 6:16 AM, Jonny101 said:

ਸਕਲ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਪੰਥ ਗਾਜੇ।।
ਜਗੈ ਧਰਮ ਹਿੰਦੁਕ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁੰਦ ਭਾਜੇ।।
(Through out the world the Khalsa Panth will be prominent. Within this world the Dharm of the Hindus and Turks will take flight.)

The translater has translated ਜਗੈ to mean ਜਾਗਣਾ when it should mean ਜੱਗ ਵਿੱਚ। 

To support the flow and meaning of this pangti other verses should also be looked at which supports this meaning.

Your arth of ਜਗੈ is incorrect. In Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji from what I've seen every example of that word means wake/awaken/illuminate. It would be inconsistent that in this instance it means "world" or "in the world".

Nor is the word "Dharam" used in the bani as your have used in your translation - "Dharam of Hindus/Turks", implying ownership. Dharam does not belong to anyone, there is only one Dharam e.g. ਧਰਮ ਨੇਮ ਕੀ ਜੁਗਤ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਨ ਜਾਨੀ ॥

Anyway, the translation of the pangti above would be:

Dharam will awaken within Hind (Bharat, India), and the Turks will be driven away.

or

The Dharam of Hind [as in the concept of Dharam which was conceived/revealed in Hind/Bharat] will awaken, and the Turks will be driven away.

Which is consistent with the rest of the bani.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:16 AM, Jonny101 said:

ਮਿਟਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਸਲਾਵਤ ਅਠਾਰਹਿ ਪੁਰਾਨਾ।।
ਮਿਟੈ ਬਾਂਗ ਸਲਾਵਤ ਸੁਨੰਤ ਕੁਰਾਨਾ।।
(Eradicate the Vedas and eighteen Puranas. Eradicate the Azaan(ਬਾਂਗ), Namaaz, circumcision(ਸੁਨੰਤ) and Quran.)

This one also doesn't make any sense. The original translation is perfectly fine; ਮਿਟਹਿ is past tense and is also in keeping with the rest of the bani which is not as anti-"Hindu" as you want it to be.

ਮਿਟੈ seems present tense, and again would be in keeping with the bani; to purge the Turks/Mughals/Muslims.

Not to forget that there are several pangtis about the Vedas within Uggardanti, which eradicates your interpretation :

ਨਮੋ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਵਾਲਾ ਤੁਮੈ ਬੇਦ ਗਾਵੈਂ ॥
Salutation to one with the glowing flame that the Vedas and the learned sing praise of.

ਨਮੋ ਵੇਦ ਵਿੱਦਿਯਾ ਨਮੋ ਜੱਗਯ ਰੂਪਾ ॥
Salutation to the giver of Veda knowledge and salutation to the fiery flame of the holy fire (Yug Havan)

ਤੁਹੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੀ ਬੇਦ ਪਾਠਣ ਸਵਿਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
You are Saraswati, the proficient in the Vedas.

ਤੁਹੀ ਸਾਰਦਾ ਬੇਦ ਗਾਯਣ ਸੁਰਸਤੀ ॥
You are the Goddess Saraswati, singing and bestowing eminence to the knowledge of the Vedas.

Would be a little ridiculous to eradicate something which is spoken about positively elsewhere in the same text no?

Lastly ਦੇਵਲ doesn't explicitly mean Mandir but yes that is one definition of it. And it makes sense....because Dharam has become corrupted asthaans which have corrupt practises should go. But sadly the pangti does not imply anything which would suit your viewpoint.

Bhul Chuk Maaf
Gurbar Akaal!