Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Big_Tera

Muslims invaders in India massacred millions of our people. Burnt down Gurdwaras and temples and replaced them with mosques. 

Forcibly converted and tortured millions into converting to Islam. 

Yet we Sikhs and Hindus are told to be friendly with Muslims. Ie wish them a happy Ramadan. Become friends with them. Build them mosques.

Yet after all they did. We Sikhs are suppose to pretend like nothing happened and forget the past. 

I will go by saying I have never had a single Muslim friend. I don't see these people as friends but enemy's and will never forget the atrocities committed to our people. 

Yet I see in university's, colleges and work places. Sikhs befriending them. Are these people not a utter discrace? That they are befriending these people. 

Some foolish Sikhs even start relationships with these people.

As the saying goes. Treat people the way they treat you. 

Yet I have come across so many videos on YouTube and other social media platforms. Were we have discraceful Sikhs embracing Muslims and saying we love Muslims. 

What has the world come to in this day and age? 

1 hour ago, Dsinghdp said:

Indian Muslims are okay but I don’t like Pakistani ones.

I had a Bengali Muslim friend but a Pakistani broke us up? and told him not to befriend Sikhs (this happened at school).

All Muslims are the same and should not be befriended. Why befriend the people (faith) that massacred your ancestors? Unless your trying to be one of them goody two shoes Sikhs that likes to view whole race as one. 

I remember at college this Muslim was told not to hang around with us Punjabis. At the time I thought what the hell. But as you get older. You start to realise. That Muslims have this is 'us' against them mentality. Ie they view you as the enemy. While we got people trying to appease them. 

If you can get a Muslim to follow Sikhism then that is a different thing. I knew a Bengali Muslim who became Sikh. 

But having a Muslim as a friend is not a good idea unless they want to become a Sikh. 

9 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Muslims invaders in India massacred millions of our people. Burnt down Gurdwaras and temples and replaced them with mosques. 

Forcibly converted and tortured millions into converting to Islam. 

Yet we Sikhs and Hindus are told to be friendly with Muslims. Ie wish them a happy Ramadan. Become friends with them. Build them mosques.

Yet after all they did. We Sikhs are suppose to pretend like nothing happened and forget the past. 

I will go by saying I have never had a single Muslim friend. I don't see these people as friends but enemy's and will never forget the atrocities committed to our people. 

Yet I see in university's, colleges and work places. Sikhs befriending them. Are these people not a utter discrace? That they are befriending these people. 

Some foolish Sikhs even start relationships with these people.

As the saying goes. Treat people the way they treat you. 

Yet I have come across so many videos on YouTube and other social media platforms. Were we have discraceful Sikhs embracing Muslims and saying we love Muslims. 

What has the world come to in this day and age? 

Of course they can. Religion is an illusion, there’s only Truth. Sikh means student, it’s not a religion.  Guru Nanak taught this in that there is No Hindu, No Muslim, Only One, aka God aka Truth.

Being a Student of Truth (Sat) isn’t just reserved for Punjabi’s or Brown people... the whole of humanity walks to the tune of naam, the whole universe does. 

It’s for the White, Chinese, Latino, black, and any other ethnic group left out. External appearance doesn’t matter, we are a All the same and we are a All one, God in every heart and cell. 

That’s Truth. 

One shouldn't have hate for any one because of their religion. On the individual level it's not wise to say someone is bad because he is a Muslim. I've personally known many Muslims who have been very nice people.

Having said that, one should also not be an SJW. That's the mindset we need to avoid having. SJW types are increasing among Sikhs. They don't want to listen to the truth.

31 minutes ago, proactive said:

In this situation, how can one have true friendship? The only situations where can be friendship is where the Muslim is ignorant of Islam or he does not actively follow Islam and thus their humanity trumps their Islam. 

Thanks for saying this. You can't be true friends with someone who believe Sharia law. All those "nice Muslims" are ones who ignore the mullahs.

Thanks for the topic, @Big_Tera .

Advice for everybody out there in school: Don't go to a school in a Muslim dominated area. Don't go out of your way to be friends with or nasty to Muslims. Just treat them like everybody else you walk past. If the teacher pairs you up with a Muslim, just do your project and that's it.

Advice for people in the workplace: You can't choose who you work with (obviously, don't go to work for a Halal meat factory). But that doesn't mean you have to hang out with Muslims after work. If "everybody" is going to a mandatory after-work event, fine, you can go, too.

5 hours ago, Sat1 said:

Of course they can. Religion is an illusion, there’s only Truth. Sikh means student, it’s not a religion.  Guru Nanak taught this in that there is No Hindu, No Muslim, Only One, aka God aka Truth.

You're far too gullible for your own benefit. You're the kind of person that would get himself into trouble having befriended a ruthless killer, and then the Singhs would have to come to bail you out.

You also think far too much of yourself and you're not half as smart as you think you are. If you would just consider what you wrote, you would come to the conclusion that, no you can't be friends with a Muslim.

You just wrote that Guru Nanak ji taught that there is no Hindu and no Mussalman. OK, so how can you be friends with someone who doesn't believe that?

Gurbani says:

ਸੋਈ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਮੀਤੁ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥

The only one who is my friend is he who sings the praises of God.

ਮੇਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਕੀ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਸੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੀਰ ॥੨॥

He, who narrates to me the anecdote of my Beloved God; he alone is my brother, and he the friend.

ਸੋ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ॥ ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਮੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥

He is pure, who sings the pure praise of God, he is my brother and dear to my heart. Pause.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸੁਖ ਕਿ ਪੁਛਹਿ ਮਿਤ ॥

ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਉ ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤੁ ॥

O friend, when you make friendship with the Manmukh, then how can you ask for good blessings?

Make friendship with Gurmukh and attach your mind with the True Guru.