Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Big_Tera

38 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Ok this isn't good to slate an entire community. It's very casteist. 

We all tell non Sikhs that Sikhism doesnt believe in casteism but the sad fact is that 90% of Sikhs do.

it's not casteist. it's a fact.

Bhai Fauja Singh who got shaheed in 1978 was a great Gurmukh.He did parchar in cities but was disappointed to see lack of shaheedi spirit.

After that he did great parchar in rural areas.

will u call him casteist?

40 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Ok this isn't good to slate an entire community. It's very casteist. 

They do marry their cousins though! which really is not gd,  that weakens genetics which is the last thing our kaum needs. 

but then again its their culture, you can't really tell som1 that their culture is not right, but at the same time   its not gnna be gd in the long run.

37 minutes ago, puzzled said:

They do marry their cousins though! which really is not gd,  that weakens genetics which is the last thing our kaum needs. 

but then again its their culture, you can't really tell som1 that their culture is not right, but at the same time   its not gnna be gd in the long run.

I think that's only the ones who come from Afganistan. It's a bad habit they have picked up from living amongst muslims.

Do the ones in India do the same thing? 

8 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

As a Jatt I very much cringe with a fellow Jatts boisterous behaviour. 

Nothing makes me cringe more when I see someone from Jatt background larping with their rolled up moustache and their nicely tucked chequered bhagri with their shiny half sleeve kurta sitting on a tractor. 

New arrivals cosplay at UK nagar kirtans in the manner you've described, lol. I don't get it myself. 

4 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I think that's only the ones who come from Afganistan. It's a bad habit they have picked up from living amongst muslims.

Do the ones in India do the same thing? 

well majority of them in Delhi have migrated from afghanistan/pakistan during the partition, so im not sure if they still do it.

khatris are a group which mostly are indigenous to what is today pakistan, so it is likely thay have been doing it for centuries.

im not sure if other kshatriya groups practice this or not. 

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

New arrivals cosplay at UK nagar kirtans in the manner you've described, lol. I don't get it myself. 

?   So true     curled mucha, massive kara, kurta pyjama with high top trainers or those fake timberland boots is a common site at nagar kirtans or every sunday in multicultural areas. 

and the sunglasses  i 4got the sun glasses 

9 minutes ago, puzzled said:

?   So true     curled mucha, massive kara, kurta pyjama with high top trainers or those fake timberland boots is a common site at nagar kirtans or every sunday in multicultural areas. 

and the sunglasses  i 4got the sun glasses 

And some even manage to bust out a Royal Enfield Bullet or Bult as it's known in Punjab.

3 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

And some even manage to bust out a Royal Enfield Bullet or Bult as it's known in Punjab.

iv seen a couple of singhs riding around on those around here lol

theres actually this older singh that drives around on one of those scooters   you know the ones older guys have in punjab   one of those 

not sure what they call it here lol