Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Big_Tera

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I don't disagree with what you are saying.

What I mean is that their affinity in a lot of ways is going to be more with Sikhs.

If Sikhs move to an area and establish themselves, it is going to be this particular group of Pakistanis that will follow first. 

It is this group that notices first where Sikhs are moving to.

They watch what we do.

They might not be as bad as Mirpuris but still far from apne in mindset. Still won't miss an opportunity to try to convert you. They love Urdu language more than Punjabi.

Mirpuris are not Kashmiris, they are mountain muslim Punjabis. They speak the same Punjabi dialect as people from Rawalpindi. Bhappe Sikhs also speak this language, it's called Pothwari.

I'm not sure if they try to mimic us, it's more that their mentality is always one to two generations behind us and it takes them longer to reach where we are and by that time we are ready to move on to better things.

20 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

They might not be as bad as Mirpuris but still far from apne in mindset. Still won't miss an opportunity to try to convert you. They love Urdu language more than Punjabi.

Mirpuris are not Kashmiris, they are mountain muslim Punjabis. They speak the same Punjabi dialect as people from Rawalpindi. Bhappe Sikhs also speak this language, it's called Pothwari.

I'm not sure if they try to mimic us, it's more that their mentality is always one to two generations behind us and it takes them longer to reach where we are and by that time we are ready to move on to better things.

They have this particular love-hate relationship with us.

It is a conflicted one.

They hate us for being Sikhs, they envy us for being dominant in the past, they want us to be in the fold of Islam.

However, they aspire to be us in many ways.

We are to them some kind of template of what to do next.

There is definitely cognitive dissonance amongst them.

They love Urdu because they see it is as a muslim language, but they revert to speaking Punjabi because it is their mother tongue and in the back of their minds they know it.

Punjabi has become to be seen as a language of us Sikhs rather than the language of the Punjab. 

I personally have become quite indifferent to Pakistanis, and quite frankly I think it is futile for our quam to be constantly be obsessed with them.

Apologies for my lack of humility and slight arrogance on my part but I do not wish to be compared or associated with a converted people under the sword. They are the leeches and beggars and barrel scrapers of the muslim world. 

We may have been the same people once but we have diverged and we are own sovereign people who should be carving our own future and destiny. 

3 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I personally have become quite indifferent to Pakistanis, and quite frankly I think it is futile for our quam to be constantly be obsessed with them.

Apologies for my lack of humility and slight arrogance on my part but I do not wish to be compared or associated with a converted people under the sword. They are the leeches and beggars and barrel scrapers of the muslim world.

End thread.

44 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Its fascinating, your Guru built a mosque, Guru Granth Ji, has Muslims in our pathh and you ask this question

I know its a popular story especially in today's SJW dominated world but just how reliable is that story of Guru Hargobind sahib ji building a masjid when 10th master has written 

ਸਕਲ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਪੰਥ ਗਾਜੇ।।
ਜਗੈ ਧਰਮ ਹਿੰਦੁਕ ਤੁਰਕਨ ਦੁੰਦ ਭਾਜੇ।।
(Through out the world the Khalsa Panth will be prominent. Within this world the Dharm of the Hindus and Turks will take flight.)

ਦਹੂੰ ਪੰਥ ਮੈਂ ਕਪਟ ਵਿੱਦਯਾ ਚਲਾਨੀ।। 
ਬਹੁੜ ਤੀਸਰ ਪੰਥ ਕੀਜੈ ਪਰਧਾਨੀ।।
(The vidhya of both the Panths(of Hindus and Muslims) is corrupted. Elevate the teesr Panth(over the other two Panths).)

ਮੜੀ ਗੋਰ ਦੇਵਲ ਮਸੀਤਾਂ ਗਿਰਾਯੰ।।
ਤੁਹੀ ਏਕ ਅਕਾਲ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਾਯੰ।।
(Demolish the graves, mandhirs and mosques. Make me meditate on the One Akal, Har Har.)

ਮਿਟਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਸਲਾਵਤ ਅਠਾਰਹਿ ਪੁਰਾਨਾ।।
ਮਿਟੈ ਬਾਂਗ ਸਲਾਵਤ ਸੁਨੰਤ ਕੁਰਾਨਾ।।
(Eradicate the Vedas and eighteen Puranas. Eradicate the Azaan(ਬਾਂਗ), Namaaz, circumcision(ਸੁਨੰਤ) and Quran.)

16 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

That's not as bad as Baylis. We used to live just off Stoke Poges Lane, loads of suls there. More apne near Singh Sabha, plus it's near the Khalsa primary school which is very good.

yh its mixed around here  a lot of su1eh but still has a sikh presence, around 20 sikh houses on my road,  its not the best of areas but its still better than manor park, chalvey etc lol      yh gurdwara is close by and so is khalsa primary school  

36 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

So why bother being friends with them?

Be civil at work and school but never get too close. You will get burned. Trust me, I know.

They can never be your friends. If you do become a friend then you are replaceable for them, you will always be at the bottom of the pile. my "friends" at school were pakis.