Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Big_Tera

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That is what they scares them, further retribution.

But again we are placing our ideals and values on other communities. 

We think because as Sikhs we would have taken matters on our hands that the others would do the same.

The realisation for me that Indira Gandhi was taken out but we are scared to take out the Congress goons who instigated what happened in Delhi. We knew who the culprits were and they should have been taken out. 

The message that would have sent across to all the other goons that they were not safe.

We understood in the past that no misdeed shall go unpunished,regardless  of counter retribution from the tyrant. It's the principle of the matter. Our ancestors knew that no matter the price, they had to retaliate. Otherwise, it's over. Long term result =>Gaze lowered, word's measured, agreeable personality.

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Well the Delhi Sikhs are more traders and shopkeepers and UP Sikhs tend to be large landowners (a lot of them come from what is now Pakistan)

They probably feel they have more to lose. They are thinking that if they do doing iftar they are creating goodwill so then the next time there is Muslim/Hindu clash they will be left alone.

The big difference between UP/Delhi Sikhs is they were attacked by Hindus /Muslims and in Punjab post-84 it has been largely Sikh-on-Sikh.

The problem we have is that we place our ideals and values on other communities and think they will act in the same manner we do. 

If someone outside Sikhi does something nice for our Sangat, we are very grateful to them. For example Malerkotla. That area was not touched during partition.

However, do you think the same thing would be replicated the other way around?

Their values are not the same as ours.

It's all one way traffic. It's coming to the point when it feels like Sikhs are like that pathetic kid in the playground who is desperately giving out sweets to be liked by everyone else but everyone is actually just taking advantage of him and laughing at him behind his back.

28 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's all one way traffic. It's coming to the point when it feels like Sikhs are like that pathetic kid in the playground who is desperately giving out sweets to be liked by everyone else but everyone is actually just taking advantage of him and laughing at him behind his back.

It is a tiny minority of Sikhs that do this.

The majority of us do not.

But they over-represent and they speak over the rest of us and they do not.

It is up to us Sikhs to sort out these miscreants. We have overwhelm them and dominate them.

It is Sikh-on-Sikh so no other community will bother.

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is a tiny minority of Sikhs that do this.

The majority of us do not.

But they over-represent and they speak over the rest of us and they do not.

It is up to us Sikhs to sort out these miscreants. We have overwhelm them and dominate them.

It is Sikh-on-Sikh so no other community will bother.

Yes that is the problem. The media coverage of their silly stunts is too much.

6 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

No offence brother/sister but your reply doesn't make any sense! Like really how can you judge Delhi Sikhs like that? 

1. 1984 has nothing to do with interfaith marriages of sikh women. They are marrying hindu guys bcoz of lack of sikh education from parent's side, lack of interest in knowing sikhi, following mainstream Bollywood culture of "2 states", feeling inferior to hindu women etc. Basically delhi sikh women are coconut bimbos just like UK sikh women who play muslim grooming card when in reality they themselves are involved in relationships with them.

2. Delhi sikhs can be doctors, engineers, businessmen etc(Am a medico in final year MBBS) its really stupid to say that delhi sikhs are only businessmen or lazy etc. Thats a lot of unhealthy generalizations!

3. There is a young delhi Sikh guy dating a gorgeous hindu model. They are called "PR couple vlogs" on YouTube and have more than 1 million followers on tiktok. So sikh guys(keshdhari/amritdhari) have no trouble dating hindu/muslim women here in delhi bcoz of positive image of turban and beard. My hindu marathi female classmates have praised me for my sikhi swaroop many times.

4. Lastly, Guys sikhs are sikhs whether they live in delhi, Punjab or Canada etc. Sikhi won't change and Guru Granth sahib ji will remain same. Its wrong to think that delhi Sikhs are some alien species that have trouble in controlling sikh women. Tell me in which part of world, sikh women don't marry a non sikh? They marry non skhs bcoz they have no love for sikhi or shahediyaa of sikh gurus and care only about lust and money. It is a global problem not a delhi problem. Its a SILENT GENOCIDE 

I hear what you are saying. 

It seems that Delhi Sikh men are soft and Delhi Sikh women don't value them.

So much do they not value Delhi Sikh men that they prefer hindu men.

There is a whole load of inter-sexual dynamics at play.

This is my take (this is just my opinion)

I think 1984 has had an impact in the eyes of Delhi Sikh women that they cannot see Delhi Sikh men in the same way.

Delhi Sikh men could not protect them and they see Delhi Sikh men as weak.

Women can show great disloyalty and will side with who they think is stronger.

That is what I think. I may not be completely correct but I reckon there is probably some truth in what I am saying.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:45 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

I think 1984 has had an impact in the eyes of Delhi Sikh women that they cannot see Delhi Sikh men in the same way.

That is what I think. I may not be completely correct but I reckon there is probably some truth in what I am saying.

There maybe few bimbos who think like that but I can confidently say that majority of Sikh women don't think like that. They can marry any guy for money/property and since most delhi sikh men are successful and quite well off, they target rich sikh men for arranged marriage by showing a drama of being a "gursikh" girl when in reality they don't even know names of panj pyaare.

Veerji, am an Amritdhari Sikh guy currently pursuing MBBS in Maharashtra and the kind of love and respect I have received from hindu/muslim women is something that a sabat surat sikh guy won't even receive from "kaurs" who are running after clean shaven dudes. And mind you, I don't look like an actor or model,  just a regular amritdhari sikh guy. 

I have made my mind that I certainly will not marry a sikh girl, I will only marry a non Sikh woman. I talked with my parents, my parents were disappointed but agreed in the end. I don't care what society thinks about me but am not gonna waste my time and energy in finding a "gursikh woman" who genuinely loves sikhi, well that is as rare as a unicorn? There is no need of this when you're surrounded by countless non Sikh ladies who love a sardar and see's him as a potential bf/husband. 

56 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

Veerji, am an Amritdhari Sikh guy currently pursuing MBBS in Maharashtra

Interesting. I also live in maharashtra. mumbai to be precise.what about you ?

also does your kakkars , esp kirpan ever seen suspiciously by fellow MBBS students ? how do you manage ? 

In OT in future how will you manage a metallic kirpan. I am just wondering . Do non-sikh guys ever made fun of you or your kachhera . I remember some guys used to joke on a sikh guy's kachhera is so big .

58 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

I have made my mind that I certainly will not marry a sikh girl, I will only marry a non Sikh woman

Good bro. but make sure you bring sikhi to her, not the other way. And make sure she teaches gursikhi to your children.

On 5/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

Delhi Sikhs are mostly Pindi Sikhs.