Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Tera

Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That is what they scares them, further retribution.

But again we are placing our ideals and values on other communities. 

We think because as Sikhs we would have taken matters on our hands that the others would do the same.

The realisation for me that Indira Gandhi was taken out but we are scared to take out the Congress goons who instigated what happened in Delhi. We knew who the culprits were and they should have been taken out. 

The message that would have sent across to all the other goons that they were not safe.

We understood in the past that no misdeed shall go unpunished,regardless  of counter retribution from the tyrant. It's the principle of the matter. Our ancestors knew that no matter the price, they had to retaliate. Otherwise, it's over. Long term result =>Gaze lowered, word's measured, agreeable personality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Well the Delhi Sikhs are more traders and shopkeepers and UP Sikhs tend to be large landowners (a lot of them come from what is now Pakistan)

They probably feel they have more to lose. They are thinking that if they do doing iftar they are creating goodwill so then the next time there is Muslim/Hindu clash they will be left alone.

The big difference between UP/Delhi Sikhs is they were attacked by Hindus /Muslims and in Punjab post-84 it has been largely Sikh-on-Sikh.

The problem we have is that we place our ideals and values on other communities and think they will act in the same manner we do. 

If someone outside Sikhi does something nice for our Sangat, we are very grateful to them. For example Malerkotla. That area was not touched during partition.

However, do you think the same thing would be replicated the other way around?

Their values are not the same as ours.

 

 

It's all one way traffic. It's coming to the point when it feels like Sikhs are like that pathetic kid in the playground who is desperately giving out sweets to be liked by everyone else but everyone is actually just taking advantage of him and laughing at him behind his back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's all one way traffic. It's coming to the point when it feels like Sikhs are like that pathetic kid in the playground who is desperately giving out sweets to be liked by everyone else but everyone is actually just taking advantage of him and laughing at him behind his back.

It is a tiny minority of Sikhs that do this.

The majority of us do not.

But they over-represent and they speak over the rest of us and they do not.

It is up to us Sikhs to sort out these miscreants. We have overwhelm them and dominate them.

It is Sikh-on-Sikh so no other community will bother.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is a tiny minority of Sikhs that do this.

The majority of us do not.

But they over-represent and they speak over the rest of us and they do not.

It is up to us Sikhs to sort out these miscreants. We have overwhelm them and dominate them.

It is Sikh-on-Sikh so no other community will bother.

Yes that is the problem. The media coverage of their silly stunts is too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

In regards to Delhi Sikhs, it is like the discussion with one of the Delhi Sikhs that posts on here in regards of Sikh women marrying Hindu men in Delhi.

I think with 1984 riots, Delhi Sikhs have been brutalised in a way the Punjab Sikhs have not and it has impacted their psyche.

The ankh is gone and they have been seriously demoralised.

The closest analogy I can probably find is what happened to the psyche of the Japanese people after having two atomic bombs dropped on them, where many of Japs have lost their warrior/samurai spirit. They still have honour in their society but they are lacking something that they lost 75 years ago.

No offence brother/sister but your reply doesn't make any sense! Like really how can you judge Delhi Sikhs like that? 

1. 1984 has nothing to do with interfaith marriages of sikh women. They are marrying hindu guys bcoz of lack of sikh education from parent's side, lack of interest in knowing sikhi, following mainstream Bollywood culture of "2 states", feeling inferior to hindu women etc. Basically delhi sikh women are coconut bimbos just like UK sikh women who play muslim grooming card when in reality they themselves are involved in relationships with them.

2. Delhi sikhs can be doctors, engineers, businessmen etc(Am a medico in final year MBBS) its really stupid to say that delhi sikhs are only businessmen or lazy etc. Thats a lot of unhealthy generalizations!

3. There is a young delhi Sikh guy dating a gorgeous hindu model. They are called "PR couple vlogs" on YouTube and have more than 1 million followers on tiktok. So sikh guys(keshdhari/amritdhari) have no trouble dating hindu/muslim women here in delhi bcoz of positive image of turban and beard. My hindu marathi female classmates have praised me for my sikhi swaroop many times.

4. Lastly, Guys sikhs are sikhs whether they live in delhi, Punjab or Canada etc. Sikhi won't change and Guru Granth sahib ji will remain same. Its wrong to think that delhi Sikhs are some alien species that have trouble in controlling sikh women. Tell me in which part of world, sikh women don't marry a non sikh? They marry non skhs bcoz they have no love for sikhi or shahediyaa of sikh gurus and care only about lust and money. It is a global problem not a delhi problem. Its a SILENT GENOCIDE 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

No offence brother/sister but your reply doesn't make any sense! Like really how can you judge Delhi Sikhs like that? 

1. 1984 has nothing to do with interfaith marriages of sikh women. They are marrying hindu guys bcoz of lack of sikh education from parent's side, lack of interest in knowing sikhi, following mainstream Bollywood culture of "2 states", feeling inferior to hindu women etc. Basically delhi sikh women are coconut bimbos just like UK sikh women who play muslim grooming card when in reality they themselves are involved in relationships with them.

2. Delhi sikhs can be doctors, engineers, businessmen etc(Am a medico in final year MBBS) its really stupid to say that delhi sikhs are only businessmen or lazy etc. Thats a lot of unhealthy generalizations!

3. There is a young delhi Sikh guy dating a gorgeous hindu model. They are called "PR couple vlogs" on YouTube and have more than 1 million followers on tiktok. So sikh guys(keshdhari/amritdhari) have no trouble dating hindu/muslim women here in delhi bcoz of positive image of turban and beard. My hindu marathi female classmates have praised me for my sikhi swaroop many times.

4. Lastly, Guys sikhs are sikhs whether they live in delhi, Punjab or Canada etc. Sikhi won't change and Guru Granth sahib ji will remain same. Its wrong to think that delhi Sikhs are some alien species that have trouble in controlling sikh women. Tell me in which part of world, sikh women don't marry a non sikh? They marry non skhs bcoz they have no love for sikhi or shahediyaa of sikh gurus and care only about lust and money. It is a global problem not a delhi problem. Its a SILENT GENOCIDE 

 

I hear what you are saying. 

It seems that Delhi Sikh men are soft and Delhi Sikh women don't value them.

So much do they not value Delhi Sikh men that they prefer hindu men.

There is a whole load of inter-sexual dynamics at play.

This is my take (this is just my opinion)

I think 1984 has had an impact in the eyes of Delhi Sikh women that they cannot see Delhi Sikh men in the same way.

Delhi Sikh men could not protect them and they see Delhi Sikh men as weak.

Women can show great disloyalty and will side with who they think is stronger.

That is what I think. I may not be completely correct but I reckon there is probably some truth in what I am saying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 10:45 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

I hear what you are saying. 

It seems that Delhi Sikh men are soft and Delhi Sikh women don't value them.

So much do they not value Delhi Sikh men that they prefer hindu men.

There is a whole load of inter-sexual dynamics at play.

This is my take (this is just my opinion)

I think 1984 has had an impact in the eyes of Delhi Sikh women that they cannot see Delhi Sikh men in the same way.

Delhi Sikh men could not protect them and they see Delhi Sikh men as weak.

Women can show great disloyalty and will side with who they think is stronger.

That is what I think. I may not be completely correct but I reckon there is probably some truth in what I am saying.

 

There maybe few bimbos who think like that but I can confidently say that majority of Sikh women don't think like that. They can marry any guy for money/property and since most delhi sikh men are successful and quite well off, they target rich sikh men for arranged marriage by showing a drama of being a "gursikh" girl when in reality they don't even know names of panj pyaare.

Veerji, am an Amritdhari Sikh guy currently pursuing MBBS in Maharashtra and the kind of love and respect I have received from hindu/muslim women is something that a sabat surat sikh guy won't even receive from "kaurs" who are running after clean shaven dudes. And mind you, I don't look like an actor or model,  just a regular amritdhari sikh guy. 

I have made my mind that I certainly will not marry a sikh girl, I will only marry a non Sikh woman. I talked with my parents, my parents were disappointed but agreed in the end. I don't care what society thinks about me but am not gonna waste my time and energy in finding a "gursikh woman" who genuinely loves sikhi, well that is as rare as a unicorn🤣 There is no need of this when you're surrounded by countless non Sikh ladies who love a sardar and see's him as a potential bf/husband. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

Veerji, am an Amritdhari Sikh guy currently pursuing MBBS in Maharashtra

Interesting. I also live in maharashtra. mumbai to be precise.what about you ?

also does your kakkars , esp kirpan ever seen suspiciously by fellow MBBS students ? how do you manage ? 

In OT in future how will you manage a metallic kirpan. I am just wondering . Do non-sikh guys ever made fun of you or your kachhera . I remember some guys used to joke on a sikh guy's kachhera is so big .

58 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

I have made my mind that I certainly will not marry a sikh girl, I will only marry a non Sikh woman

Good bro. but make sure you bring sikhi to her, not the other way. And make sure she teaches gursikhi to your children.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

I hear what you are saying. 

It seems that Delhi Sikh men are soft and Delhi Sikh women don't value them.

So much do they not value Delhi Sikh men that they prefer hindu men.

There is a whole load of inter-sexual dynamics at play.

This is my take (this is just my opinion)

I think 1984 has had an impact in the eyes of Delhi Sikh women that they cannot see Delhi Sikh men in the same way.

Delhi Sikh men could not protect them and they see Delhi Sikh men as weak.

Women can show great disloyalty and will side with who they think is stronger.

That is what I think. I may not be completely correct but I reckon there is probably some truth in what I am saying.

 

Delhi Sikhs are mostly Pindi Sikhs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

 

I have made my mind that I certainly will not marry a sikh girl, I will only marry a non Sikh woman. I talked with my parents, my parents were disappointed but agreed in the end. I don't care what society thinks about me but am not gonna waste my time and energy in finding a "gursikh woman" who genuinely loves sikhi, well that is as rare as a unicorn🤣 There is no need of this when you're surrounded by countless non Sikh ladies who love a sardar and see's him as a potential bf/husband. 

If you have decided to marry a non Sikh woman please keep a watchful eye over your children to make sure they will be raised as Sikhs.  I have seen cases where often the non Sikh woman insists on raising their children without Sikhism or cuts a deal with the father that we can raise one kid as a Sikh but another kid as a Hindu as is the case of the famous singer Arijit whose father is Sikh and mother is Hindu. They raised Arijits older brother as a Sikh while Arijit was raised as a Hindu.

If Sikhi is not passed on to all your children then your experiment of marrying a non Sikh woman will be a failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Interesting. I also live in maharashtra. mumbai to be precise.what about you ?

also does your kakkars , esp kirpan ever seen suspiciously by fellow MBBS students ? how do you manage ? 

In OT in future how will you manage a metallic kirpan. I am just wondering . Do non-sikh guys ever made fun of you or your kachhera . I remember some guys used to joke on a sikh guy's kachhera is so big .

Good bro. but make sure you bring sikhi to her, not the other way. And make sure she teaches gursikhi to your children.

Am originally from Delhi and by Waheguruji's kirpa I was able to crack medical entrance exam and got seat in Nagpur. Am a final year MBBS student at GMC(Govt. Medical College Nagpur) Nagpur.

I never faced racism here, neither from girls nor from guys. There were non offensive jokes like punjabis drink patiala peg/alcohol to which I cleared their doubts that Sikhs don't drink or smoke, Sikhi is a religion and Punjabi is a culture. 

No one has ever joked on my kachhera or kirpaan. I explained all my classmates from day 1 that am amritdhari and these are 5 kakkars. I had no trouble with patients either except language bcoz some patients know only marathi.

Hanji veerji, I will definitely raise my kids as gursikhs, can't say that my wife would convert or not as its her choice to make, but its a universal fact that kids almost always follow father's religion provided father is religious and practicing his religion sincerely.

I didn't knew that marathi girls love punjabi guys so much, I was in 2nd year when one of my female classmates said that turban and beard looks so hot on punjabis and looks good only on Punjabis, marathi guys don't look good in beard. In my 3rd year, my junior(a muslim girl) asked me out for valentine as she was attracted by my personality. Although I have never dated anyone as my career is my priority at the moment but saabat surat sikhs have no trouble with women(atleast with non sikh women),  he could date Hindu/Muslim women if he wanted to. "Girls don't like beard" is false, absolutely false and a rumor spread by self hating Sikh women. Even those non Sikh women who don't like beard, love beard only on sikhs, non sikhs look bad in beard(as I gave example of my classmate above)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

If you have decided to marry a non Sikh woman please keep a watchful eye over your children to make sure they will be raised as Sikhs.  I have seen cases where often the non Sikh woman insists on raising their children without Sikhism or cuts a deal with the father that we can raise one kid as a Sikh but another kid as a Hindu as is the case of the famous singer Arijit whose father is Sikh and mother is Hindu. They raised Arijits older brother as a Sikh while Arijit was raised as a Hindu.

If Sikhi is not passed on to all your children then your experiment of marrying a non Sikh woman will be a failure.

I know veerji that raising kids as gursikhs is extremely important and we are already just 1.5% indian population and loosing countless sikhs every year bcoz of sikh women marrying non sikh guys and converting to husbands religion. Any sikh marriage that leads to non sikh kids are complete garbage and "Silent genocide" of our community.

 

My 2 cousins married non sikh women. First one is keshdhari(not amritdhari) and he married his long term hindu girlfriend who has converted to sikhi after marriage and they have 1 son whom they are raising as proper sikh. My 2nd cousin is not that religious, he does wear turban but trims beard and drinks alcohol and he married a South Indian Christian girl. The girl didn't convert but they also have 1 son whom they named Zorawar singh and he is being raised as a keshdhari Sikh. They are settled in Dubai

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, ChardikalaUK said:

It's all one way traffic. It's coming to the point when it feels like Sikhs are like that pathetic kid in the playground who is desperately giving out sweets to be liked by everyone else but everyone is actually just taking advantage of him and laughing at him behind his back.

That's a perfect analogy.

"Here, take my pocket money and my lunch, but please don't hit me. Are we friends, now?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use