Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Big_Tera

On 4/29/2020 at 6:12 AM, BhForce said:

You're far too gullible for your own benefit. You're the kind of person that would get himself into trouble having befriended a ruthless killer, and then the Singhs would have to come to bail you out.

You also think far too much of yourself and you're not half as smart as you think you are. If you would just consider what you wrote, you would come to the conclusion that, no you can't be friends with a Muslim.

You just wrote that Guru Nanak ji taught that there is no Hindu and no Mussalman. OK, so how can you be friends with someone who doesn't believe that?

Gurbani says:

ਸੋਈ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਮੀਤੁ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥

The only one who is my friend is he who sings the praises of God.

ਮੇਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਕੀ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਸੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੀਰ ॥੨॥

He, who narrates to me the anecdote of my Beloved God; he alone is my brother, and he the friend.

ਸੋ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ॥ ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਮੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥

He is pure, who sings the pure praise of God, he is my brother and dear to my heart. Pause.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸੁਖ ਕਿ ਪੁਛਹਿ ਮਿਤ ॥

ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਉ ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤੁ ॥

O friend, when you make friendship with the Manmukh, then how can you ask for good blessings?

Make friendship with Gurmukh and attach your mind with the True Guru.

Do you believe there is no religion? Because I would say that over half the people on here believe that you can convert to Sikhi when it’s not even a religion. 

On 4/29/2020 at 5:58 PM, MisterrSingh said:

You sound Islamophobic, bro. Go outside, do some exercise, hang around a mosque on Friday afternoons. You'll feel a bit better.

Allah Hafis.

Islamaphobic? That is a word coined by muslims.

I am lucky that I live in an area with few muslims. some of my relatives live in highly populated muslims areas. where there is a mosque on every street corner.  feel bad for them..

15 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Sikhi teaches us "Do not blame/ revenge sons' for their farthers mistakes). So it's ok to befriend them. 

What if they start preaching and trying to get you to convert?

What if they donate to muslim charities that fund terrorism?

What if they slaughter animals in a prolonged way - halal

what if they support sharia law in your neighbourhood

what is they love the mughals that killed our people?

what if they believe non muslims are bad and going to hell

and the list goes on

can you really be friends with someone like this?

16 hours ago, Sat1 said:

Do you believe there is no religion? Because I would say that over half the people on here believe that you can convert to Sikhi when it’s not even a religion. 

You'd love it if your faux-spiritual rambling passed into the realm of truth, but unfortunately for you Sikhi IS a religion with its own codified philosophy and edicts. Sikhi did not end in 1539 as much as you'd have liked it to. The jot continued burning for a further 9 incarnations.

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Islamaphobic? That is a word coined by muslims.

I am lucky that I live in an area with few muslims. some of my relatives live in highly populated muslims areas. where there is a mosque on every street corner.  feel bad for them..

I was just pulling your leg, bro.

You're aware of the facts. The best thing you can do is to spread awareness in your immediate family and social circle. 

9 minutes ago, genie said:

Sure Sikhs and muslims can be friends but not 1 way friendship where Sikhs are made to feel obligated to respect islamic teachings and practises and in return their muslim friends do not hold the same respect for Sikhi.

Also where we dont want mentally enslaved dhimmi subjugated Sikhs like this going around with fudhu antics lowering their Sikhi self respect infront of muslims boosting their already sky high ego that their faith is the true one and rest are destined for hellfire as they are taught in quran.

I have no words left........lost all hope 

You'd think it cant get any worse ............

9 minutes ago, proactive said:

It's amazing how the world has flipped in the last few years. There was a time when a Muslim would know that he could push a Hindu around but the Sikh would never take his BS. Now it's the other way around, the Muslims know that we have become a pushover and it is the Hindus that are fighting back. 

its beyond embarrassing now .....

I seen more Sikhs saying Ramadam Mubarak, then mentioning about the ISIS slaughtering Afghan Sikhs

Be better off that these Dil saaf one love humanity leave Sikhi and join another religion .....

7 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

You'd love it if your faux-spiritual rambling passed into the realm of truth, but unfortunately for you Sikhi IS a religion with its own codified philosophy and edicts. Sikhi did not end in 1539 as much as you'd have liked it to. The jot continued burning for a further 9 incarnations.

People on here can be so aggressive. It’s Not a religion.

Sikh means student, and if you think it is, you’re ignoring one of the first teachings which is that there is no Hindu, no Muslim, only One. Don’t get it twisted my friend.