Sign in to follow this  
Big_Tera

Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

14 hours ago, puzzled said:

the kidnapping of women from minority communities happens in most muslim countries. Hindu girls are kidnapped in sindh, pakistan all the time.

egyption copts have been treated like sh1t by muslims for a very long time. Even the muslim prophet muhammed had a egyption coptic slave girl called mary 

they do it so allah will reward them and also its a direct attack on the minority communities and to dishonor them. 

Especially the Yazidi women...i was reading their stories how they were held by isis captive as sex slaves and crying. Just like the Mughals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Yh iv noticed that!  the last few yrs more and more muslim characters are appearing in punjabi movies. The 1st ardaas movie was really gd, but when I saw the trailer for the 2nd ardaas movie it looked crap and all multicultural.

My guess is because punjabi movies are family movies they are popular among Pakistanis aswell  so the directors are trying to cash more money in in western countries. 

Unlike us on this forum, Panthic minded Sikhs in India have become close and friendly to Muslims. This is all a reaction to the Hindu treatment of the Sikhs post 1947 and 1984 Ghalukara and the ten years of bloodshed that followed. Hindus have a lot of Sikh blood on their hands which pushed Sikhs and Muslims into a strategic alliance. That's why Sikhs in India are always at the forefront when standing up for Muslims in India.

Our movies now always show a positive Muslim character. Even our Punjabi music industry you see so many Punjabi singers singing Sufi islamic style like Gurdas Mann Kanwar Grewal, Satinder Sartaj while insulting Hinduism as Ranjit Bawa recently did. Or look at how Harpreet Singh Makhu always brings Muslims to an interview to present Muslims and Islam in good light but whenever he brings a Hindu it is to argue and fight with them. 

Problem with Sikhs is that either they become very pro Hindu or they become very pro Muslim and they end up being used by both sides as a weapon against the other. Neutrality is the best policy. Let the Hindus and Muslims fight it out and weaken each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

Unlike us on this forum, Panthic minded Sikhs in India have become close and friendly to Muslims. This is all a reaction to the Hindu treatment of the Sikhs post 1947 and 1984 Ghalukara and the ten years of bloodshed that followed. Hindus have a lot of Sikh blood on their hands which pushed Sikhs and Muslims into a strategic alliance. That's why Sikhs in India are always at the forefront when standing up for Muslims in India.

Our movies now always show a positive Muslim character. Even our Punjabi music industry you see so many Punjabi singers singing Sufi islamic style like Gurdas Mann Kanwar Grewal, Satinder Sartaj while insulting Hinduism as Ranjit Bawa recently did. Or look at how Harpreet Singh Makhu always brings Muslims to an interview to present Muslims and Islam in good light but whenever he brings a Hindu it is to argue and fight with them. 

Problem with Sikhs is that either they become very pro Hindu or they become very pro Muslim and they end up being used by both sides as a weapon against the other. Neutrality is the best policy. Let the Hindus and Muslims fight it out and weaken each other.

But your average punjabi is still cautious of muslims despite muslims only making around 1% of punjabis population. Dargahs are accossiated with black magic and fake babeh. If someone from the pind visits dargahs and muslim babeh everyone is a bit cautious of that person. One of my mami accused my other mami of going to a dargah and resulted in a furious exchange of words over the phone lol. 

But it's as if the whole muslim culture is really being pushed onto punjabis through the media with these singers etc.

Sikhs in punjab really do not know what it's like living with Muslim because punjab has one of the smallest population of muslims in india. 

Hindus on the other hand have been living with rapidly growing muslim population for a very long time. 

• Like 1

in Ludhiana there r so many bhappaas who speak hindi at home and go to mandirs.

they r much more close to Hindus than Muslims.

it is true that jatts in their homes mock bhappaas.

But bhappaas do the same and mock jatts as pendu, unsophisticated and raw/Desi.

Whenever I meet a decent Muslim out in the real world (which, to be fair to them, is most of them despite what the popular perception is), my brain is saying, "I wonder what karams you're working through that you had to incarnate in a religion such as Islam." I can only surmise that Islam is the fruit of Kaliyuga; that such a faith actually managed to catch-on and become so pervasive is due to the drastic fall of righteousness in this age.

Make no mistake, per the Quran, Islam is as adharmic as one can possibly get without succumbing to literal Satanism. Yet, it manages to hoodwink people that it's worthy of being considered a just and valid religion. That's not on merit or quality of the doctrine; it's through the sheer force of numbers!

To further prove the degradation of our current age, the fact that the ruling classes of the earth and other faiths pretend Islam is an equal path worthy of respect and veneration because it exists, just goes to prove how the rulers and leaders of earth have succumbed to adharma themselves. They're cowards and have no morals. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Whenever I meet a decent Muslim out in the real world (which, to be fair to them, is most of them despite what the popular perception is), my brain is saying to me, "I wonder what karams you're working through that you had to incarnate in a religion such as Islam." I can only surmise that Islam is the fruit of Kaliyuga; that such a faith actually managed to catch-on and become so pervasive is due to the drastic fall of righteousness in this age.

Make no mistake, per the Quran, Islam is as adharmic as one can possibly get without succumbing to literal Satanism. Yet, it manages to hoodwink people that it's worthy of being considered a just and valid religion. That's not on merit or quality of the doctrine; it's through the sheer force of numbers!

To further prove the degradation of our current age, the fact that the ruling classes of the earth and other faiths pretend Islam is an equal path worthy of respect and veneration because it exists, just goes to prove how the rulers and leaders of earth have succumbed to adharma themselves. They're cowards and have no morals. 

In this world of paradoxes, you can have adharmic people in dharma and vica-versa.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

Exactly, Punjab has the lowest percentage of muslims out of any state in the whole of India and that is because we tore them apart when the attacked us unprovoked in Rawalpindi. Sikhs in Punjab today don't know what it's like living side by side with muslims. They realise soon enough when they come to England. Muslims are far worse than Hindus, 100 times worse.

I really don't understand some Sikhs. A lot of them wish for an undivided Punjab where Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus live side by side.  What they don't realise is that we would be a tiny minority in such a state and would be forced to speak, read and write Urdu instead of Gurmukhi Punjabi. Even the division of Indian Punjab in the 1960s was a good thing for us as it gave us a state where we are the majority and gave official status to Gurmukhi Punjabi. Demographics rule in today's world.

Forget about this greater Punjab dream/solidarity. The muslims and hindus don't care about it because they have Pakistan and India, we have no country, just one state where we are a majority and that's why we always shout Punjab this, Punjab that. It's pathetic really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

in Ludhiana there r so many bhappaas who speak hindi at home and go to mandirs.

they r much more close to Hindus than Muslims.

The ones in the UK also prefer Hindi over Punjabi, even the ones from Afghanistan.

As for going to Mandirs so many Sikhs in Punjab do that. People in India India believe in everything. The Sikhs abroad are more orthodox.

42 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

In this world of paradoxes, you can have adharmic people in dharma and vica-versa.

Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

As for going to Mandirs so many Sikhs in Punjab do that. People in India India believe in everything. The Sikhs abroad are more orthodox.

I'd say jagga's and jaitere are more popular among rural sikhs than mandirs though. Everyone has a ancestral jagga in the fields somewhere. But sikhs who live in the shahr or near the bhaman/arora mohallas tend to go mandirs and do karva chauth etc.

as for bhappa sikhs most of them go mandirs and their wives keep karva chauth and wear sindoor, speak hindi etc. 

20 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I'd say jagga's and jaitere are more popular among rural sikhs than mandirs though. Everyone has a ancestral jagga in the fields somewhere. But sikhs who like in the shahr or near the bhaman/arora mohallas tend to go mandirs and do karva chauth etc.

as for bhappa sikhs most of them go mandirs and their wives keep karva chauth and wear sindoor, speak hindi etc. 

Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale told the bhappa sikhs in delhi to become proper sikhs and be shastardhari but they dint listen to Baba ji.

Bhappa Sikhs give very less shaheedi.

They earn good money and take good care of the Gurdwaras though.

14 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale told the bhappa sikhs in delhi to become proper sikhs and be shastardhari but they dint listen to Baba ji.

Bhappa Sikhs give very less shaheedi.

They earn good money and take good care of the Gurdwaras though.

yh they dnt really seem to like the whole warrior aspect of sikhi. i remember watching a video of bhai jagraj from bos and he said he met sikhs in delhi who were saying they only believe in the 1st 5 gurus because they were peaceful while the last 5 gurus used violence so they dont follow them. Its mainly rural sikhs that become kharkus and fight for the kaum.

But they are good businessmen. They are intelligent and well spoken. 

both aspects are needed in the kaum ... 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i m telling u the truth. Bhappa sikhs feel rural background Sikhs r inferior to them.

They mock jatts in their homes as Desi and unsophisticated.

In Gurdwara elections, bhappa will die but will never vote for a jatt.

19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yh they dnt really seem to like the whole warrior aspect of sikhi. i remember watching a video of bhai jagraj from bos and he said he met sikhs in delhi who were saying they only believe in the 1st 5 gurus because they were peaceful while the last 5 gurus used violence so they dont follow them. Its mainly rural sikhs that become kharkus and fight for the kaum.

The irony is that Bhappe are Khatris who came from Kshatriya. 

They are the warrior class tradionally in India, if there is anyone who should know how to fight it is them.

• Like 1