Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest singh2004

is music bad for sikhs

Recommended Posts

Guest singh2004

1. is listening to music bad for sikhs? i understand simran and kirtan is good but what if we want to be in a more aggressive mood like how theres Nihang Misl songs with rap beats in the back. at the end of the day they are only praising Gods glory rite?

 

2. is it wrong to produce instrumental rap beats using softwares on my computer? it seems like a nice hobby and pastime to create music instrumentals. or to upload them on YouTube and people actually turn it into a living as well by selling them online or getting artists to send them audio digitally etc.

 

as Sikhs, we can turn this negative hip hop into something positive, let me know your thoughts on this sadh sangat jio. (im Amritdhari 16-years old)

bhul chuk maaf karni

vjjk vjkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Love for Sikhi

Hey brother! Question 1 - There’s no limit to the amount of beautiful katha, kirtan and path available, so why not listen to that instead? No songs leave you with  bliss like dhur-ki bani.

Question 2 - Aged 15 I fell in love with katha. I made a YouTube channel to share that love with the world. That was my hobby. Here’s the story of how big it became: 

(Separate note, I am looking for a young motivated gursikh who can help make more line by line katha/path videos for my channel. I hope to offer this as a generously paid opportunity by end of this year. Contact me if interested to receive details when available)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Enjoy
On 4/30/2020 at 8:32 PM, Guest singh2004 said:

1. is listening to music bad for sikhs? i understand simran and kirtan is good but what if we want to be in a more aggressive mood like how theres Nihang Misl songs with rap beats in the back. at the end of the day they are only praising Gods glory rite?

 

2. is it wrong to produce instrumental rap beats using softwares on my computer? it seems like a nice hobby and pastime to create music instrumentals. or to upload them on YouTube and people actually turn it into a living as well by selling them online or getting artists to send them audio digitally etc.

 

as Sikhs, we can turn this negative hip hop into something positive, let me know your thoughts on this sadh sangat jio. (im Amritdhari 16-years old)

bhul chuk maaf karni

vjjk vjkf

No. Life is beautiful and is there for us to experience and explore. Music is fine. Only fools get influenced by rap lyrics etc, they don’t make a difference to a normal balanced soul. Just live your life and stop following such rigid rules. Stay away from inxtoxicants, casual sex etc and live a balanced life but have fun and enjoy it before it’s over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest singh2004
On 5/1/2020 at 5:15 AM, Guest Love for Sikhi said:

Hey brother! Question 1 - There’s no limit to the amount of beautiful katha, kirtan and path available, so why not listen to that instead? No songs leave you with  bliss like dhur-ki bani.

Question 2 - Aged 15 I fell in love with katha. I made a YouTube channel to share that love with the world. That was my hobby. Here’s the story of how big it became: 

(Separate note, I am looking for a young motivated gursikh who can help make more line by line katha/path videos for my channel. I hope to offer this as a generously paid opportunity by end of this year. Contact me if interested to receive details when available)

Bhai Sahib thank you for your kind advice, i will continue to stay away from music, it was just a question that popped into my head and I wanted to get some clarification so thank you for that

i have messaged u on instagram, im willing to offer the seva for the video production.

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, Guest singh2004 said:

1. is listening to music bad for sikhs? i understand simran and kirtan is good but what if we want to be in a more aggressive mood like how theres Nihang Misl songs with rap beats in the back. at the end of the day they are only praising Gods glory rite?

 

2. is it wrong to produce instrumental rap beats using softwares on my computer? it seems like a nice hobby and pastime to create music instrumentals. or to upload them on YouTube and people actually turn it into a living as well by selling them online or getting artists to send them audio digitally etc.

 

as Sikhs, we can turn this negative hip hop into something positive, let me know your thoughts on this sadh sangat jio. (im Amritdhari 16-years old)

bhul chuk maaf karni

vjjk vjkf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. Im also a amritdhari teen (14) . bro i listen to lots of dhadi and kavishri remixes made by kam lohgarh and other producers. I think listening and producing remixes is totally fine. their is nothing wrong in a rap beat. all we should stay a way from is lyrics commonly used in raps. (the ones that talk about drugs, women, egoEct.) otherwise i think making remixes and all that is good as it can totally change a person whos a youth. i used to be mona but i later kept my kesh and changed my whole lifestyle after listening to kavisheris and dhadi remixes. but this is just my opinion. i do not have much knowledge on this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 11:17 AM, akaaliKhalsa1699 said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. Im also a amritdhari teen (14) . bro i listen to lots of dhadi and kavishri remixes made by kam lohgarh and other producers. I think listening and producing remixes is totally fine. their is nothing wrong in a rap beat. all we should stay a way from is lyrics commonly used in raps. (the ones that talk about drugs, women, egoEct.) otherwise i think making remixes and all that is good as it can totally change a person whos a youth. i used to be mona but i later kept my kesh and changed my whole lifestyle after listening to kavisheris and dhadi remixes. but this is just my opinion. i do not have much knowledge on this.

 

 

This is so me! I am 15 and by listening to all this, it has made me remember our Sikh itihaas and make me walk on the right path. Tho sometimes I am too engrossed and listen to the same dhadi dharna 10 times a day, I love it and nothing can stop me. My family finds it annoying but I don't. With maharaj kirpa I am also learning how to tie a dastaar eventough it's taking time and there are obstacle but with maharaj kirpa all problems are resolved. Maharaj bless you always.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use