Self-improvement May commitment

Guest Keeeet

Guest Keeeet

I have read that when you write something down you are more committed. Here is my commitment for May month.  Please join me to keep it strong if anyones interested.

I will not use facebook, instagram, watch non-gurmat/non-productive utube, watch movies, watch provocative material, or read anything provocative, or watch par triya roop or hasth maithuna.

I will atleast wakeup by 5 am and meditate.

I will keep up with stronglifts 5x5 which I just started last week. My starting stats are quite poor , bench press 70x10, ohp 45x5, squats 45 x10, deadlift 135x1, back row 45x5 (lbs)

If I break any rule, I will report here and ask maafi from sangat.

I will update end of month and re-committ starting june.

?? Lets do it!

Guest Waheguru

Yayyy!!! This is such a cool post. I'm amritdhari and suffering from a really difficult time at the moment so I have let go of all anti gurmat activities I.e. songs, dancing. I'm in with your challenge. I've been keeping my nitnem but didn't do much simran so for the past month I've been blessed with doing simran every amritvela for 10-15 mins. After a very long time today I did simran etc but missed out a bani from my 5. :( I revow to do it tomorrow. I don't do any exercise at all- so let's say I'm going to try and go on my indoor cycle for 5 mins a day lol

Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh

When April finished and May started I promised myself I would forget April and remember that we are now in May.

So far so good. 

It's been a struggle, but with Waheguru's kirpa I will remember.

And then I promised to remember to remember but I can't remember exactly what I promised to remember because I remembered that I'm a Sikh and my religion said I'm meant to be truthful and rightfull living every blessed day and the month or date has no relevance. And then I remembered what I promised myself to remember and that was the fact that I should remember that I'm remembering stuff on a forum full of immature children on which a thread about remembering stuff because a brand new month has started gets more views than anything remembering truth and justice. And then - apparently because it's the month of May - I suddenly remembered why the Sikh Channel, Punjabi News channels and all Indian news channels can't tell a news story without dramatic music telling the reader / viewer what he or she should be feeling. I remembered why, in the middle of a global pandemic in which Sikhs (because of their ethnicity) were between 300% and 600% more likely to die than white people, immature Sikh youngsters thought the 'month of May' was the big talking point of the day. 

Guest Real
On 5/1/2020 at 3:52 PM, Guest Keeeet said:

I have read that when you write something down you are more committed. Here is my commitment for May month.  Please join me to keep it strong if anyones interested.

I will not use facebook, instagram, watch non-gurmat/non-productive utube, watch movies, watch provocative material, or read anything provocative, or watch par triya roop or hasth maithuna.

I will atleast wakeup by 5 am and meditate.

I will keep up with stronglifts 5x5 which I just started last week. My starting stats are quite poor , bench press 70x10, ohp 45x5, squats 45 x10, deadlift 135x1, back row 45x5 (lbs)

If I break any rule, I will report here and ask maafi from sangat.

I will update end of month and re-committ starting june.

?? Lets do it!

Facebook and Instagram are not bad if used in moderation and can be excellent for business and good to keep updated with world events. 

7 hours ago, Guest Waheguru said:

Yayyy!!! This is such a cool post. I'm amritdhari and suffering from a really difficult time at the moment so I have let go of all anti gurmat activities I.e. songs, dancing. I'm in with your challenge. I've been keeping my nitnem but didn't do much simran so for the past month I've been blessed with doing simran every amritvela for 10-15 mins. After a very long time today I did simran etc but missed out a bani from my 5. :( I revow to do it tomorrow. I don't do any exercise at all- so let's say I'm going to try and go on my indoor cycle for 5 mins a day lol

Thats awesome ?? Keep at it !

Guest Harj
37 minutes ago, Keeeet said:

With a defeated and heavy heart i have to admit that i succumbed to desires and slipped , watched p and did hast maithuna :( f me , why man 

hope the other 26 days r clean,  back to day 0 today 

I feel like giving you a hug because you are so honest. I just remembered the sakhi of Bhai Joga Singh. Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked him in front of whole sangat, ‘where did you go last night’. And bhai sahib ji took that deep breath of courage and said ‘guru ji last night I went to see a prostitute’. It was just a test to see who he will please 

You’re clearly trying to improve yourself day by day - that’s what Sikhi is about ??

• 4 weeks later...

Its almost the end of May.  Heres an update. 

Didn't do that well in terms of social media, and amritvela. Also did hasta maithuna x5 in total, was clean for last two weeks. 

Was able to keep up with workout, saw an improvement in terms of that.

bench press 70x10, --> 120x2

ohp 45x5,--> 65x5

squats 45 x10,--> 115x5

deadlift 135x1,  didnt do much of these, hate them, stuck at 135x5, tips preferred

back row 45x5 (lbs)--> 95x5

Need to work on amritvela, and hopefully no hm next month. 

Some positives and some negatives...