Self-improvement May commitment

Guest Keeeet

On 5/1/2020 at 3:52 PM, Guest Keeeet said:

I have read that when you write something down you are more committed. Here is my commitment for May month.  Please join me to keep it strong if anyones interested.

I will not use facebook, instagram, watch non-gurmat/non-productive utube, watch movies, watch provocative material, or read anything provocative, or watch par triya roop or hasth maithuna.

I will atleast wakeup by 5 am and meditate.

I will keep up with stronglifts 5x5 which I just started last week. My starting stats are quite poor , bench press 70x10, ohp 45x5, squats 45 x10, deadlift 135x1, back row 45x5 (lbs)

If I break any rule, I will report here and ask maafi from sangat.

I will update end of month and re-committ starting june.

?? Lets do it!

Have you thought about doing hiit training,  you get fit and build muscle?

Skipped for 45 mins in the the garden under the sun!  Had 30 sec breaks and then skipped again   felt gd!     Theb had a freezing cold shower. 

Gnna try an hour tomorrow. 

Tragically I had another can of redbul! I tried and tried   but temptation to drink one got to strong. 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Skipped for 45 mins in the the garden under the sun!  Had 30 sec breaks and then skipped again   felt gd!     Theb had a freezing cold shower. 

Gnna try an hour tomorrow. 

Tragically I had another can of redbul! I tried and tried   but temptation to drink one got to strong. 

Better to do both than neither. 

• 7 months later...

The last three months of 2020 (Oct 2020-mid Jan 2021) were great. I didn't watch crap on web, or use social medial. Only watched utube for satsang/bhagti videos. Nitnem was also good. But then just last week had a very strong lustful dream about past memories which disturbed me and then I ended up watching p and did hasta-maithuna. This disturbed my routine, was very lustful for 2-3days, and did watch p < 15 mins but no hasta maithuna. Things are back to normal again. 

What I learnt is its very important to divide your time into chunks/group. One chunk for morning nitnem, second for evening nitnem, one chunk for utube katha/bhagti, and one chunk for productive work/research on computer. Dont even watch normal movies, because even a hint of kaam will slowly erode away your defeneses.

tbh I had in these last 3 months, lust didnt bother me at all, not even furne, but then suddentl a powerful dream ruined it all. But a positive thing is when you go on a long streak , even if you committ  a mistake you still have the energy to keep going and take it fwd. 

also workout has been really lacking. 

So again , today is Jan 25, and my resolve is to only watch media for useful info/katha/bhagti or maybe updates on Kisan Morcha, and divide my time into productive blocks. 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, Guest Keeeet said:

I will keep up with stronglifts 5x5 which I just started last week. My starting stats are quite poor , bench press 70x10, ohp 45x5, squats 45 x10, deadlift 135x1, back row 45x5 (lbs)

For many years I was a gym rat, gym nerd, gym fanatic. I was bench pressing 185lbs. 

I went from bench pressing 115lbs to 185lbs in 2 months. I was doing 10 sets with 3 mins break. I suggest you follow SHEIKO Program. There is an app available.

Now I dont goto gym or exercise anymore. I found everything except Guru Ji is a utter waste of time. 

Squats and deadlift can really ruin your health. For deadlify there is proper technique and breathing style. If you dont follow that, you will ruin your spine. I recommend gymnastic rings and calisthenics. If you do deadlift, then build up your plank hold time to atleast 3 mins. In my peak I was doing 5 mins planks. Sometimes I use to keep a 45lb plate on my back & hold a 1 min plank. 

Gym promotes ego.