I want to back off saying no to him without hurting him . Please help!

Guest Anonymous Kaur

Guest Anonymous Kaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh, I need help in saying I don’t want the relationship anymore or to end it but without insulting myself or hurting the other person. 
ok so there was this guy who proposed to me and I said yes because he wore a turban, doesn’t cut hair, is respectful and has a good career. He is from another caste but that didn’t affect me much, i knew it will for my parents with old mentality but I know I’d convince them.  Being in a relationship for about 7 months but known each other for a couple months more because used to chat. We only met like 3 times only. He told me he rejected many girls because thinkings don’t match and thinks our does but Only I know they don’t match based on Sikhi or many other things our thinkings don’t match. I just go along with him agreeing on his thinking to not create fights or anything but deep down I don’t like it. I took Sri Hukamnama Sahib once for him thinking if it is positive it is a yes from Guru Sahib Ji to keep him and if not then no. I got it a little negative ( no Bani is negative but what I mean is Guru Sahib Ji weren’t happy not a Parsanta wala Sri Hukamnama Sahib) so it means it’s a no. Now I don’t know to say this to him or to back off so I don’t waste his time or hurt him. I am stressed about how to tell him. My friend told me to lie that your dad isn’t saying yes (he know my mom knows and his family knows about me just spoke over the phone with them only ). I am worried about insulting myself (he might say crap to me or his family will since it’s been a while together). I am worried about lying too because his family including hum might hate my dad for no reason. Also, he might say fight with dad or explain to him and fight for love. Please help me what should I do? 

Guest Honesty and truth

Its may be hard to do but if you can be honest about your thought of not being right match and that you don't feel right to pursue the relationship further that would be best approach. 

However you will need to be firm and not give in. Give the guy a break, straight to the point and dont drag him on.

Worst thing you can do is go along with it creating emotional issues for all involved. Ive seen ppl go as far as marriage then divorcing. The longer you leave it the more difficult it gets.

Secondly i want to add, if its perfection you seek, that is a myth, every marriage is a challenge. But hopefully you can make more informed decisions going forward.

Good luck

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use