If punjab ever became a majority muslim or christian state what would be fate of Sikhs?

genie

I think we would know what state Sikhs would be in a muslim majority indian punjab we just need to look at condition of our oppressed and brutalised Sikh brothers and sisters in afghanistan, pakistan and kashmir

But what about if it became a christian majority state what would be the consequences for the safety and security of Sikhi and Sikhs?

A Christian majority state in Punjab will mean Sikhs and Hindus being driven out.

But it won't always be the overt manner like in the Islamic states. 

You will still have the same issues and divisions in society like there currently is.

They will try to breakaway from India but may have backing from the west. 

9 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

A Christian majority state in Punjab will mean Sikhs and Hindus being driven out.

But it won't always be the overt manner like in the Islamic states. 

You will still have the same issues and divisions in society like there currently is.

They will try to breakaway from India but may have backing from the west. 

Sikhs will be powerless everywhere, even though we are powerless as a global community but in punjab we still have a little bit of say and power to make a difference but if punjab goes out of our hands then it be very difficult for anyone to look after our best interests.

i think what the punjabi's dont realise is the wider game plan of the church in the west that's funding missionaries to convert people. In my view they want punjab to be a christian safe zone just like the qadiyani ahmediya muslims have a safe zone in indian punjab. The west probably in the end will use Christianity especially the USA bible belt raising funds to launch an covert offensive on pakistan's islamic identity and on hindu india too when they have converted enough numbers. The fake pretext for the western intelligence agencies to help them is that they are being oppressed or persecuted by non-christians.

Well their populations are miniscule today so I doubt it will ever happen.

I'm angry that muslims from UP and Bihar are coming to Punjab. We rightly got rid of Punjabi muslims and sent them packing to Pakistan in 1947 but because the Hindus hardly took any action against them outside of Punjab there are loads of muslims left in India and they have been coming to Punjab in recent years. My blood boiled when I saw a halal butcher shop in Amritsar a couple of years ago.

Lots of stupid apne even build mosques for them which encourages them to settle. When will we ever learn? In my opinion we should have thrown them out of Malerkotla as well.

As for the Christians that is a big fault on our part. If lower caste people were treated equally and with respect then they would not fall prey to missionaries conversion tactics.

I go regularly to panjab and since the 80s the number of Muslims has increased, mainly due to migrant labour filling the vacuum of young panabis who have gone abroad or spend all day on drugs. My foofar once explained it elequently to me.. " you get 5, then they have 5 children, then they have 5 children and so on " that's panjab now. Never know in 20yrs there might be calls for unification with Pakistan Panjab by Muslim dominated Indian Panjab .

1 hour ago, imhosingh said:

I go regularly to panjab and since the 80s the number of Muslims has increased, mainly due to migrant labour filling the vacuum of young panabis who have gone abroad or spend all day on drugs. My foofar once explained it elequently to me.. " you get 5, then they have 5 children, then they have 5 children and so on " that's panjab now. Never know in 20yrs there might be calls for unification with Pakistan Panjab by Muslim dominated Indian Panjab .

It doesn't even take 5 kids, even 3 will increase their numbers fast.

Most Sikhs have 2 or less kids, and if their children do the same the grandparents will have 4 grandchildren. If muslims have 3 and their children also have 3 then they will have 9 grandchildren.

9 vs 4 in just 2 generations. Here in the UK the muslim birthrate is over 3 and every other group is less than 2.

The Indian government better introduce birth control measures.