One thing Sikhs should understand about todays modern Indian Hindu's

genie

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

My Hindu neighbors never forced their religion on me, or even indirectly or subtly forced hinduism on me (except for inviting me in their puja or occassional loudspeakers during one or two festivals in a year)

But I am sure if I were in pakistan or even in a muslim ghetto elsewhere in world I would have been persuaded to islam in some way or the other.

I remember working an odd job 10 yrs back in a muslim dominated office , just the staff around me was muslims,not even the locality, I was still asked by the guys to join them in friday Namaaz . Islam doesn't deserve to be in future. Its a crrap religion . 

They try that with people they assume can be "turned." They have a strange knack of being able to sniff out weakness, and then exploit it. I've noticed on a few occasions in recent years a look of disappointment in their eyes when they see an identifiable Sikh who still has a fiery aura about him. I'm sure they'd be much happier if all of us were sub-5ft 6 bespectacled pen-pushers.

8 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They try that with people they assume can be "turned." They have a strange knack of being able to sniff out weakness, and then exploit it. I've noticed on a few occasions in recent years a look of disappointment in their eyes when they see an identifiable Sikh who still has a fiery aura about him. I'm sure they'd be much happier if all of us were sub-5ft 6 bespectacled pen-pushers.

After I shared this news on my watsapp status , the muslim guy who sits next to me in office , and whose bike pillion I have always used as a shortcut back to home said "allah forbids forcing religion, in quran".which honestly makes me LOL because its a farce if you look at history of islam. And ofcourse if you look at sikh history with mughals.

They use the soft persuasion method when they're low in numbers and with a kaafir who knows the ugly parts of their religion better. Or a kaafir who has given them the fire . But when they're in majority they do what mughals did to our ancestors in lahore. 

9 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

An Arab approached my father in law and asked him 'why don't you Sikhs sell the gold from the Golden Temple and give it to the poor and needy?'

which is surprising considering the fact most arabs don't know abt sikhism 

36 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

The new generation of Muslims seems to be the most aggressive when trying to convert people. The older generation did not try to convert you or as I have heard from my elders who remember pre partition Punjab the Muslims back then did not act like a salesman for Islam. But today most Muslims all try to slyly sell you Islam.

1 hour ago, Jonny101 said:

The new generation of Muslims seems to be the most aggressive when trying to convert people. The older generation did not try to convert you or as I have heard from my elders who remember pre partition Punjab the Muslims back then did not act like a salesman for Islam. But today most Muslims all try to slyly sell you Islam.

The muslims of pre partition Punjab probably wouldn't dare to try such a thing. They were at the lowest rung of society. Sikhs and Hindus would not let them drink from the same communal taps as them.

1 hour ago, Jonny101 said:

Petro-dollars have been used for Dawah purposes. 

It is what they have been told by their imams in their mosques. 

They now are on the backfoot. 

However, if you have noticed recently with the covid-19 situation there are a lot of mosques and Islamic institutions helping out hospitals and care homes with food etc.

It seems to be some PR offensive to earn some brownie points.

I have no idea whether they are genuinely concerned and they are being genuine humanitarian  or if this is an opportunity for some Dawah that we are not aware of.

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Petro-dollars have been used for Dawah purposes. 

It is what they have been told by their imams in their mosques. 

They now are on the backfoot. 

However, if you have noticed recently with the covid-19 situation there are a lot of mosques and Islamic institutions helping out hospitals and care homes with food etc.

It seems to be some PR offensive to earn some brownie points.

I have no idea whether they are genuinely concerned and they are being genuine humanitarian  or if this is an opportunity for some Dawah that we are not aware of.

Can't let the Sikhs monopolise the religious free food market, can we? 

It's definitely an attempt to overshadow well-publicised Sikh efforts.  If they can hoodwink any kaffir stragglers into the Islamic fold, well, that's a bonus!

18 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

My Hindu neighbors never forced their religion on me, or even indirectly or subtly forced hinduism on me (except for inviting me in their puja or occassional loudspeakers during one or two festivals in a year)

But I am sure if I were in pakistan or even in a muslim ghetto elsewhere in world I would have been persuaded to islam in some way or the other.

I remember working an odd job 10 yrs back in a muslim dominated office , just the staff around me was muslims,not even the locality, I was still asked by the guys to join them in friday Namaaz . Islam doesn't deserve to be in future. Its a crrap religion . 

I was contracting at M&S Office Stockley Park in 2018. The muslmaans would always force halal resturant for group outings, including even the christmas outing. So obviously I never went. There were also a few wimpy haircut sikh guys who would go hookah/shisha with them as well. Wimpy as in not strong in sikhi culture.

18 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have heard stories of the GT road from Jalandhar to the Beas being strewn with dead bodies during partition. 

They are likely to be the dead bodies of muslims. 

It makes us Sikhs very uncomfortable I think, we are hardwired to be complete savages if the s*** hits the fan.

We are a dangerous people.

Gurus have made us dangerous, keep Chandi Di Vaar and Dasam bani to make us khatarnaak when required.

14 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

Back in the late 80s and early 90s I was starting school in Slough. There were loads of Pakistanis in primary school. There was none of this extremism in adults either. Just like punjabi sikhs, Pakistanis were busy working and probably doing overtime shifts.

It is unfortunate that we haven't been able to promote sikhi and gurmukhi after that period, just still too focussed on work. Look at how many musulmaan know quraan or arabic. Apnay became a joke, kept on the work and make money mentality.

12 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

The muslims of pre partition Punjab probably wouldn't dare to try such a thing. They were at the lowest rung of society. Sikhs and Hindus would not let them drink from the same communal taps as them.

In my pend mallian in Kartarpur Jallandar, the few muslims are known as telis or tehlis, apparently that is meant to be their caste related to Oil. I mean they are friendly and no sign of extremism from them.