washing harmandir shaib with milk

Guest gurcharan singh

On 5/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, Jonny101 said:

These atheist Sikhs want money to be spent on anything except for on a Gurdwara. They don't think of the poor when they spend money on themselves by buying an expensive smart phone or a car or buying a nice house for themselves and their family to live in or brand-name clothing. It is only a Gurdwara they have a problem with.

"new iphone is coming out, need to buy it" is the mantra!

On 5/15/2020 at 11:15 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

What the hell are you on about ?  The residues left behind after cleaning with milk are acidic. Those residues attract dirt and encourage mould growth. Some of those marble floors we see in historic Sikh Gurdwaras in India are only 50 years old but they look like they are 500 years old because of the ignorant ways they have been cleaned....i.e. with milk. That ignorance is perpetuated by ignorant people like you preaching to those even more ignorant than you on the internet.

But....if logic and science isn't your thing and you prefer nature: You should know that waheguru made that milk for the cow's baby. Not so we could steal it from the mother and wash floors with it.

p.s. I wrote a few essays on the marble floors in Sikh Gurdwaras in my 'Sikh architecture' thread last year :

I used to like reading your posts but I don't know when and how you became so influenced by atheistic missionaries but like most missionaries your post is far from factual on this subject. Unlike the west which is dustless and with dry air, India is a very dusty place, the air is also very humid which is why dust builds up.  And you don't even know that it is Kachi Lassi not pure milk.

Milk is not just food. Traditionally milk has had multiple uses in India. For example, before Shampoos, people in the Pinds used to clean their hair using yogurt(ਦਹੀਂ). Many elderly people in the pinds still use Dahi instead of Shampoo. Maybe to a westerner like you these things seems too rustic because it doesn't involve any chemicals.

Kachi Lassi is a much better alternative for seva at Sri Darbar Sahib. If we listen to the heretic missionaries and started to use these modern chemical based cleaning products, it would drain into the sarovar killing the fish, it would be harmful to the pilgrims doing Ishnan, maybe even causing cancer in the long term.

Problem is many of our traditions were passed from generation to generation without explanation as to the reasons behind these traditions. This has resulted in a lot of confusion among western influenced Sikhs like you.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:41 PM, jaswindersingh55 said:

I would say that the sgpc Maryada of Sachkhand harmanidr shaib is questionable as im confused why you have to wear a triangle paag to do seva as to do kirtan you cant wear a gol dastaar.  also women doing kirtan is agen sgpc, also how Darbar shaib should inspire Many Sikhs I feel that Sikh tradition kirtan should be promoted form there with tattnti saajs and this is not done as all you see is an harmonium, there once was a time at harmanider shaib when the rabab use to play even the animal would sit an listen, but thanks to sgpc this is a thing of the past, also the grantis have to wear an Pajama they cant were a chola ??????? I hope im wrong plz tell me all these thing iv hear are all false. all I see is that the sgpc are on. a mission to distroy Sikh and are against everything, 

ikr these things arent good. when sant ji was around, i heard females could do keertan in darbar sahib. also, the dumala was the dastaar given by the guru. the triangle pagg wasnt. sgpc isnt good. 

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
8 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

I used to like reading your posts

Good. Glad to hear it.

but I don't know when and how you became so influenced by atheistic missionaries

That's because I'm not influenced by anyone. You may remember - as I've often stated - I'm dead against the cult of personality in which one person's viewpoint (be it religious or otherwise) is taken as gospel simply because of whose mouth it is uttered from. I'm for science and fact.

but like most missionaries

So now I'm a missionary ?  

Unlike the west which is dustless and with dry air, India is a very dusty place, the air is also very humid which is why dust builds up.  And you don't even know that it is Kachi Lassi not pure milk.

Nobody said anything about the environment....what we're discussing is the residue left by milk. Whether that bucket contains a litre of milk mixed with a gallon of water or whether it is a bucket full of milk is irrelevent - the fact is that the residue of even a small amount of milk will damage the aesthetics of marble. To continue to do so just because "it's tradition" is the height of ignorance.

Milk is not just food.

Milk is not food...period !    We are the human living things on earth that drink the milk of another species. It was not made for us. It was made for the cow's baby.  Can you imagine if we lived on this earth among another giant human-type species who, one day, decided they liked the taste of the milk that comes from human females that have just given birth. And then, decided to industrialise the process by turning the women into milk-giving machines ?  Can you ?  No. You can't because it goes against the laws of nature. The law of nature is that the mother cow produces the milk for the nourishment of it's baby. Not for us to steal it and, among other things, wash marble floors with it. 

Traditionally milk has had multiple uses in India.

Yes, 'traditionally' in India,  a baby born a female was killed, a wife threw herself into her husband's funeral pyre, people of a lower status in society were denied basic human rights etc. Don't come at me with no 'tradition' nonsense brother. Traditions can be right and traditions can be wrong. Only what's right is always right.

This has resulted in a lot of confusion among western influenced Sikhs like you.

Ah.....I see.  So we started with you saying how much you used to enjoy reading the things I write and we end with you ignoring the things I have extensively written on this forum in which I describe the occident (the west) as a sham in relation to philosophical thought about morals and ethics. Everything I believe in brother is guided by nature and originates in the east.

I don't care about 'what they've 'traditionally' done. I believe in facts and the fact is that marble should NEVER EVER be cleaned with any product (i.e. kachi lassi) that contains even small amounts of MILK. Never.

10 hours ago, akaaliKhalsa1699 said:

ikr these things arent good. when sant ji was around, i heard females could do keertan in darbar sahib. also, the dumala was the dastaar given by the guru. the triangle pagg wasnt. sgpc isnt good. 

nope sgpc never good. they should just be caretakers of gurdwaras, not influencing maryada and traditions.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, Jonny101 said:

I used to like reading your posts but I don't know when and how you became so influenced by atheistic missionaries but like most missionaries your post is far from factual on this subject. Unlike the west which is dustless and with dry air, India is a very dusty place, the air is also very humid which is why dust builds up.  And you don't even know that it is Kachi Lassi not pure milk.

Milk is not just food. Traditionally milk has had multiple uses in India. For example, before Shampoos, people in the Pinds used to clean their hair using yogurt(ਦਹੀਂ). Many elderly people in the pinds still use Dahi instead of Shampoo. Maybe to a westerner like you these things seems too rustic because it doesn't involve any chemicals.

Kachi Lassi is a much better alternative for seva at Sri Darbar Sahib. If we listen to the heretic missionaries and started to use these modern chemical based cleaning products, it would drain into the sarovar killing the fish, it would be harmful to the pilgrims doing Ishnan, maybe even causing cancer in the long term.

Problem is many of our traditions were passed from generation to generation without explanation as to the reasons behind these traditions. This has resulted in a lot of confusion among western influenced Sikhs like you.

Same here. He is either gone to other side or he was like that but kept it stuffed inside until he felt safe to express himself more freely. Either way, egoistical manic personality to put more in blunt way.