how to become ragi and granthi in uk

9 hours ago, jaswindersingh55 said:

how to become ragi and granthi in uk?

are there any courses 

requirement 

any uk based school 

or is there no system and I will need to go to India 

I don't know the requirements for being a granthi.

But from a video uploaded by Bhai Jagraj Singh, the requirements for keertani seem really poor.

Seems like some gurdwaras just try and use the same person who does the paat learn some keertan, so basically doing it on the cheap.

I don't think most gurdwaras care if you're a raagi, as long as you can do some tunes on a harmonium even bollywood bhangra tunes, this is probably enough. Most gurdwaras don't seem to have the resources to train up proper raagis, and definitely don't usually have raag suitable instruments available.

39 minutes ago, akaaliKhalsa1699 said:

Im wondering if a sikh can wear 2 kirpans. Like one taksali kirpan and a pesh kabz at the same time

you should see how many shaster are kept in a kammarkasa, a sikh is supposed to keep many shaster.

its just such a shame the  gurdwara kirtan tradition is dying as our instruments have changed our raags have gone to Bollywood and are kirtan jathas are not like the Puritan ones as I someones feel  the gurdwaras do not seen as that important any more as sometimes when I see the side ragi I never an able to hear him what's the point of him if you cant hear him its always the middle one who us sining and the side one is just sitting there moving he's lips its a weird gurdwara tradions now adays 

•  

Learn kirtan from ANYWHERE but! The more u practice the better you will become at kirtan. 

TAKE SANTHIA (Or sankhia) Proper pronunciation is a MUST. Santhia from Lareevar SGGS is recommended instead of Paad-shed. Ideally the teacher should be from Taksaal like former student. If possible do santhia 25 times. 

A lot of practice, a lot of mehnat you'll b going places. 

3 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Like any job if you got the knowledge you can do it. To Become a granthi you need to learn how to do seva like: maharaj ji’s parkash and sukhasan, how to prepare & distribute degh, how to do kirpan beht bhog, how to perform ardaas, take hukamnama, learn gurmukhi and do santheya so you can read path, how to remove and replace rumalla sahib. And how to prepare the tabiya for Guru Ji’s parkash/how to prepare sachkhand room for sukhashan

you also need to learn how to perform Sanskar as per Sikh maryada - naming child, anand karaj and funeral ceremony. Granthi Singhs would benefit knowing how to perform amrit sanchar for if they ever get requested to do panj pyare di seva.

And learn maryada like when you need to sprinkle water on ground in front of someone carrying SGGS ji and when not (it’s not required if panj pyare are present and walking in front)

You can learn these things just by getting involved in seva at your local gurdwara sahib. Ask the granthi Singhs to teach you it/ watch them & learn. 

As for ragi - just learn kirtan

Waiting for that Bani bro.