Marriage Concerns

Guest Gupt Guy

11 hours ago, Guest Concerned said:

Can you imagine if a Singhi/Kaur came on here and said she asked a potential match to remove his beard/Dastaar?

This is unacceptable. As an unmarried girl I am not Amritdhari yet..but keep my hair and would like to be amritdhari before I have children..this is so off putting and worrying that 1) Singhs hold these views 2) are supported by others when voicing them.

It's true, I'm amritdhari too and the amritdhari boys in my family don't want to marry amritdhari girls. I don't say it but it just makes u feel ugly. 

But on the bright side when I go to weddings, friends and family complement me and I think wow I don't need to thread my eyebrows, put lots of accessories on, waheguru jis made me naturally beautiful. A lot of non-indians respect u for not giving in to the 'norm'.

I'm very lucky that my hubby really appreciated my commitment....  May waheguru ji bless him with gyaan and bring him back on the right path... May he reunite us soon ??

12 hours ago, Guest Concerned said:

Can you imagine if a Singhi/Kaur came on here and said she asked a potential match to remove his beard/Dastaar?

This is unacceptable. As an unmarried girl I am not Amritdhari yet..but keep my hair and would like to be amritdhari before I have children..this is so off putting and worrying that 1) Singhs hold these views 2) are supported by others when voicing them.

No need to imagine mam. Its already happening. Go any famous matrimonial websites and there you will see "kaur" profiles stating "Clean shaven preferred". Most sikh women do prefer mona guy. They only marry sardars to please their familes OR after sleeping around with non sikhs and wanting to redeem themselves for their sins by marrying a sabat surat sikh OR bcoz most sardars are rich and successful.

Hardly 1-2% sikh women marry sardars bcoz they love sikhi and love sikhi swaroop. And most of these sikh women are amritdhari or gursikh since childhood.

But who cares? I hardly see any sikh woman commenting on these hardships faced by sikh men. Why do you think Amritdhari Sikh men like me want to get married to a non Sikh woman and hate "kaurs"?  I live in India(delhi) and so many of my hindu/muslim female friends have complimented my Turban and beard. They find Sikh men more masculine and attractive than non sikh men. Kaurs have dug their own graves and playing typical "woman's card"  and blaming ALL sikh men. Just bcoz 1 Singh wants a moni doesn't mean that everyone does. Infact grand majority of kaurs want a mona and pretty much vocal about it. What is your take on this issue?

Lastly, read the replies carefully. None of the Singhs supported the guy in question rather told him to not disrespect amritdhari women with facial hair. Plz don't  spread pseudo feminism virus here.

Guest Singh
5 minutes ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

None of the Singhs supported the guy in question rather told him to not disrespect amritdhari women with facial hair.

The guy in question is wrong! To ask a daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji to cut her hair is beyond an insult, to the Guru let a lone the girl!

There’s plenty of girls who meets the OP’s criteria around. He should spend his time on dating websites not on a Sikhi forum.

Guest Guest Concerned
1 hour ago, DelhiTurbanator said:

No need to imagine mam. Its already happening. Go any famous matrimonial websites and there you will see "kaur" profiles stating "Clean shaven preferred". Most sikh women do prefer mona guy. They only marry sardars to please their familes OR after sleeping around with non sikhs and wanting to redeem themselves for their sins by marrying a sabat surat sikh OR bcoz most sardars are rich and successful.

Hardly 1-2% sikh women marry sardars bcoz they love sikhi and love sikhi swaroop. And most of these sikh women are amritdhari or gursikh since childhood.

But who cares? I hardly see any sikh woman commenting on these hardships faced by sikh men. Why do you think Amritdhari Sikh men like me want to get married to a non Sikh woman and hate "kaurs"?  I live in India(delhi) and so many of my hindu/muslim female friends have complimented my Turban and beard. They find Sikh men more masculine and attractive than non sikh men. Kaurs have dug their own graves and playing typical "woman's card"  and blaming ALL sikh men. Just bcoz 1 Singh wants a moni doesn't mean that everyone does. Infact grand majority of kaurs want a mona and pretty much vocal about it. What is your take on this issue?

Lastly, read the replies carefully. None of the Singhs supported the guy in question rather told him to not disrespect amritdhari women with facial hair. Plz don't  spread pseudo feminism virus here.

I have NEVER come across an amritdhari woman who would prefer a mona..it just doesn't make sense.. these women you are talking about are definitely not amritdhari yet this thread is encouraging an amritdhari man to seek a relationship with a non amritdhari. Where is the logic?

• 4 months later...
Guest Prabh Simran Singh

Hello All,

You are so right Delhi Turbanator.. I am facing a lot of difficulties in finding the right one. I guess finding a pure Sikh girl is a just a myth. I was approached by someone on jeeevansathi and I don't know the reason why women get offended when asked about their past, if they had one. This is marriage we are talking about, not a freaking joke. I have been very formal in my conversation with this particular lady. I guess a hindu girl would be an ideal choice.

Just an honest guy

Prabh Simran.

Dude you need help... I understand that you may be an 'adonis' but over the coming years your belly will come out, hair will come out of your nose and ears, hair will turn white, lines will form on your face, your skin will sag, your muscles (if you have any will waste away), you'll have aches and pains all over...yet you want your potential partner to go easy on the facial hair. Good luck with finding long term happiness with another person .

On 7/1/2020 at 3:11 AM, Guest Singh said:

The guy in question is wrong! To ask a daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji to cut her hair is beyond an insult, to the Guru let a lone the girl!

There’s plenty of girls who meets the OP’s criteria around. He should spend his time on dating websites not on a Sikhi forum.

Yes he is wrong. That's why I commented that he should marry a girl that fits his criteria but never ask a sikh woman to remove her kesh. But some other person commented "Singhs are supporting him" to which I again replied "None of the singhs support him,  plz read all the comments first before passing unnecessary judgements"

On 7/1/2020 at 4:31 AM, Guest Guest Concerned said:

I have NEVER come across an amritdhari woman who would prefer a mona..it just doesn't make sense.. these women you are talking about are definitely not amritdhari yet this thread is encouraging an amritdhari man to seek a relationship with a non amritdhari. Where is the logic?

Just bcoz you have never come across an amritdhari woman like that doesn't mean they don't exist. I assure you they do. Infact plenty of them. I live in Delhi and I have seen many amritdhari/non amritdhari(but keshdhari) sikh women from gursikh families dating/sleeping around with non sikhs(especially hindus) and then seek marriage with rich and successful sikh men for 1) Money and property obviously 2) to please their families as they would never approve of a hindu guy.

Just to let you know, amritdhari sikh men like myself don't sleep around, marry for money or drink alcohol. We are not perfect but we try to follow sikhi as much as we can. And most(not all) sikh women don't fit under this gursikh lifestyle. On the contrary, I know plenty of non sikh women who are decent and have self respect and I would definitely prefer them as a life partner over a sikh woman. Where am I wrong?