Why was Jathedar Baba Sahib Singh ji Kicked Out?

I am confused, this is a underrated event in history where Jathedar Baba Sahib Singh ji Kaladhari was kicked out of Sri Akal Thakt by SGPC, there are so many accounts of it.He is said to have been ousted with Kartar Singh Chibbar and SGPC using bibian to abuse him and he is said to have been hurt badly. The SGPC have a totally different account of them being intoxicated and taking over Akal Thakt even other Nihang jathedbanian joining in. Who were the baddies? And is it true Baba Sahib Singh Ji support shastar puja and that's why there were differences between him and SGPC? What contributions did nihangs actually make during british raj as he said to be patriotized by nihangs saying he fought for right of sikhs to wear kirpans but I thought those were the babbar akalis? Are these nihangs just still salty about what happened nearly 100 years ago? Should they be reinstated on the Akal Thakt?

• 10 months later...

1Anonymous1

so bhai sahib, you agree with the nihang singh side of this?

we are lucky enough to have some singhs in dals still alive from the 30s and 40s and 50s if not those times, so research and preservation of the dal's side of the history is atiant jaruri.

I feel like this event is central to the broad traditionalist vs. reformist schism throughout history which has been as llight as mutual respect between Akali Phula Singh ji and Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and as raging as singh sabha movements of Amritsar and Lahore, to the eroded history between Baba Binod Singh/tat khalsa and Baba Banda Singh bahadur to date with missionaries and puratan dals/sampardayi with sgpc in the middle 

this part of history is confusing, cuz it would villainize either the Babbar Akalis or the diminish the honour of Shrimoni Akali Panth Buddha Dal and I certainly do not want to open old wounds of bad blood 

article: When the 'Nihangs' took control of the Akal Thakt in 1920s

any thoughts sangat ji on singh sabha/gurudwara sudar lehar and nihangs 

also, I am agianee thus far on the topic of shastar puja, where some panthic nihang singhs like akali mitt singh ji supported it meanwhile sgpc banned it and how come is it that nihang history during the british raj so incoherent when at one point they were at the point of extinction after battle of sabraon and most emigrated to sri hazur sahib but the next they were in control of sri akal thakt and fighting for sikh rights to bear arms (same goes for sgpc/singh sabha/gurudwara sudar lehar that is also very polarizing from different accounts of history) 

another point of historical discussion is what I mentioned earlier on baba binod singh jathedar budha dal and baba banda singh bahadur 

youtube video: gurmat bibek channel, in defense of baba banda singh bahadur

had links but those take days to get approved sangat ji 

article: When the 'Nihangs' took control of the Akal Thakt in 1920s

any thoughts sangat ji on singh sabha/gurudwara sudar lehar and nihangs 

also, I am agianee thus far on the topic of shastar puja, where some panthic nihang singhs like akali mitt singh ji supported it meanwhile sgpc banned it and how come is it that nihang history during the british raj so incoherent when at one point they were at the point of extinction after battle of sabraon and most emigrated to sri hazur sahib but the next they were in control of sri akal thakt and fighting for sikh rights to bear arms (same goes for sgpc/singh sabha/gurudwara sudar lehar that is also very polarizing from different accounts of history) 

another point of historical discussion is what I mentioned earlier on baba binod singh jathedar budha dal and baba banda singh bahadur 

youtube video: gurmat bibek channel, in defense of baba banda singh bahadur

I had links but those took days to get approved sangat ji 

7 minutes ago, intrigued said:

Idk anything on shastr pooja is it right to do? Also what is it?

as far as I can tell, basically nihangs worshipping shastars 

although, technically Dhan Dhan Guru Granth sahib ji Maharaj adorns shastars in front, when we bow down to them 

but I think namaskaar and worship are different (as the former is done during gatka as well)

can't send links cuz it takes forever to send 

any thoughts on the former topic of baba sahib singh ji removed by sgpc and any thoughts on the singh sabha movement 

I know some people aren't too fond of the sgpc and some akalis but I still respect babbar akalis and etc.

and any thoughts on baba binod singh ji and do you think he committed treason at the battle of gurdas nangal or is this mughal propaganda that survived to this day to put bigan in panthic unity 

does sangat here think nihangs were corrupted by the time sgpc came into being

their history is very incoherent during british raj, from being wiped to verge of extinction by british after battle of sabraon and emigrating to sri hazur sahib, to being in control of sri akal thakt and fighting for sikh  rights to bear arms 

many say nihangs retained a presence in the akal bunga, but then how can they let mahants place idols inside parkarma, let british set sri darbar sahib up for auction in 187?, or let discrimination against dalit war veterans from entering sri darbar sahib, etc. 

what are your thoughts on baba sahib singh ji and his encounter with sgpc 

• 2 months later...

its wierd how incoherent and weird the nihang akali panth's history gets, wish it was recorded better 

whats up with budha dal nowadays, does anyone know who's the jathedar now?

i've heard some call baba Maan Singh guru nanak dal wale the panth paatshah meanwhile others baba joginder singh raqbe wale

On 5/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

I am confused, this is a underrated event in history where Jathedar Baba Sahib Singh ji Kaladhari was kicked out of Sri Akal Thakt by SGPC, there are so many accounts of it.He is said to have been ousted with Kartar Singh Chibbar and SGPC using bibian to abuse him and he is said to have been hurt badly. The SGPC have a totally different account of them being intoxicated and taking over Akal Thakt even other Nihang jathedbanian joining in. Who were the baddies? And is it true Baba Sahib Singh Ji support shastar puja and that's why there were differences between him and SGPC? What contributions did nihangs actually make during british raj as he said to be patriotized by nihangs saying he fought for right of sikhs to wear kirpans but I thought those were the babbar akalis? Are these nihangs just still salty about what happened nearly 100 years ago? Should they be reinstated on the Akal Thakt?

You can tell by narrative alone sgpc is lying. 

If they were drunk and had taken over... how'd you get them to leave? 

If they respect the Bibis too much to do anything, they certainly aren't doing anything to Maharaja. 

So the sgpc narrative itself isn't cohesive. It's obviously a lie.