Does anyone research other religions?

On 5/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, singhnihk said:

I have done extensive study of Sufism, Buddhism, Jainism, Christianity, Hindusim as well as as many African belief systems and so on. It would be nice to discuss some of them here if possible. I stayed roughly 3 years at Dharamsala to learn different aspects of buddhism and 5 years at Rishikesh in search of sadhoos and mahatmas hiding in Rishikesh caves. I did meet many old hindu yogis there and gained much sought after knowledge from them, which is totally impossible to gain by just reading books. I have read about Mazdayasna as well as Bah'a'i faith. Having said all this, I have to admit I did all this roughly 14 years ago when I was in my late teens and mid twenties before I married and settled down. It would be nice to discuss them to refresh my memory! Oh, by the way, I also stayed 19 months at the holy city of Amritsar and 4 months at Abchal Nagar Sachkhand hazoor Sahib for further learning. Thanks to my parents for funding most of my visits and stays in India. It wasn't unusual for me to run out of funding from time to time.

Waow how lucky! Could you possibly share some key things that you've learnt. Something thats always stuck with you/helped you out in life. 

Thank you :)

4 hours ago, singhnihk said:

I wouldn't know where to begin. The whole experience changed my life forever.  India is a miraculous place, full of spirituality and mystery.  What would you like to know? I was brought up in a very materialistic environment, taught to chase after worldly dreams and goals from a very young age. I was taught to strive and aim for worldly success like everyone else around me.  Once I reached 16, I started questioning and looking for something beyond. 

I'm really interested in the law of attraction and a lot of the videos I've seen link back to teachings that these people have had from their 'master's' Rishikesh. :)

Did you experience or gain any teachings related to this? 

21 hours ago, singhnihk said:

You will have to go there to learn this from a very genuine master.  I was a highly skeptical individual in my late teens and early twenties. I was too cynical to believe in any supernatural powers in those days. So,  even if they did display any powers, I was a very reluctant believer or observer. It is only later on in my life that I started noticing pcychic abilities in others and appreciating them. Why are you so interested in law of attraction? Are you trying to attract something or someone? Don't forget, even if you succeed in attracting something or someone, be ready to experience the reaction. Make sure the master is there to guide you.  You don't have to go looking for one, he will appear when the time is right for you. Read 'Autobiography of a Yogi' if you haven't already read it yet.

I've been praying for my broken marriage and as I've been listening to katha I've noticed the concept of praying for something and believing/having faith that God has the power to bless u/save u quite similar to the law of attraction. Apart from they pray to the universe and we pray to the master of the universe. 

It's all about believing in the higher energy and acknowledging the power we have as humans to connect to that higher energy. 

I see guru maharaj ji as my master because whenever I'm feeling low some katha or saakhi or comment will pop up which rebuilds my vishwas and lifts me up. 

I haven't heard of the reaction, what's that all about?  ?

1 hour ago, singhnihk said:

I am very sorry to hear about your marriage break-up, I wish I could say something soothing to comfort you. Please look after yourself and your children if you have any. Very sorry again. Please, believe me when I say, praying is the best way to cope with such a difficult time or experience in your life.  You are totally correct that it is only our faith in God  that can help us in times like these, there is  no other greater authority or power that can rescue us and show us the right way to deal with sad situations when they arise. So, please have faith in God and don't give up hope.  We have enormous amount of ability to connect with God, there is no doubt about it. I am not sure if w can pray to Him to return the person that has walked out of our life. He or she walked out because of the Great One's Hukam. I mean, God willed it to happen and that's why it happened. We have to learn to live with His Will. God is the only guy that can bless us no one else has the ability to take over or replace this role of His'. He is the only One.  I am not sure about praying to the Universe or what it entails. If you are a sikh by birth, which I am not, you as a true sikh should only pray to One. There is only Him (One) and no one else. There is no Higher Authority than Him.

The Gurus have taught us how to connect with Him. You have to read the SGGS and the Dasam Granth in order to understand the concept of Master and not 'master' as there are countless of these around and none can match the Master. The Master finds you and not vice versa.  You don't have to memorize the whole of the SGGS or DG if it is difficult for you, sometimes only one Panktee will suffice to transform your entire life. Have you heard of the Shabad :  (Dehe Naam Santokhiya Uttrrey Mann Ki Bookh)? If you have then work on it. I can promise you each and every shabada, (letter)  in the SGGS is empowering and life transforming.

You are correct, we, as sikhs, have only one Master. There is no need to go wandering about in the wilderness. He is waiting for us.  He only finds us when we have done enough of the Manmatt, lost all hope and gained nothing.  He is merciful and very loving. We have no power to find such a Great One. He is All Powerful.

I urge you to read the Dasam Granth Banies too.  My life changed. It is so empowering that words fail me here. If you are a woman, please read it. It is the most empowering Granth for women all over the world.

Have you heard of this Shabad from DG: (Giyaan Hoon Ke Giyaata Maanha Buddhitta ke Daata ....)?  Now, how powerful is that? If you are looking for occult/supernatural/spiritual giyaan this the the most empowering line that will change your perspective regrarding praying to the Universe.  I am not sure if praying to the universe is same as praying to God. In my humble opinion, it is not. I might be wrong. If you are a woman, then please read the DG and have faith. You don't have to look for any masters for the Big Master is waiting for you to give you all you need or want or desire, not only in this life but in every life your soul may reside in.  He is the Master of all the masters.

Regarding the concept of 'reaction', if you can try and understand the concept of Tithe, and why as humans, we need to oberseve and adhere to it, it will help. It is a very important rule of the game, we should obey it and live our lives in accordance to it. I first heard about this concept during my childhood from the church priests and parents. It didn't make any sense to me then.  Why give tithe of everything you have to others, when they never worked to earn or deserve it, I asked. I found my answer only later on when my Master found me and I am so grateful to Him, the Great Master. I also learned you can only love and serve one Master and no too or many. Please, take heart, and listen to our loving and merciful Master.  Don't look anywhere else, He is right here with you. May God shower you with all His Blessings.

Marriage break-up is not the end, it's a beginning of something new, don't forget.

Pen ji thank u so much for ur words. Honestly at this time of dukh every word counts. 

My hubby has been mislead by his family who all have had love marriages. ? I just don't know what to say. We are both amritdahri. I just feel like our laavan must have some power otherwise guru sahib wouldve just suggested a court marriage. I have full faith in waheguru ji, I know our karam and kismat play a big role but listen to this;

And guru sahib made reete mitte, he made sajjan thag into sant sajjan. What can guru sahib not do? We just need to have unbreakable faith. It's been 5 month since my hubby has contacted me and he's blocked all ways of contact so I can't contact him but look at the power waheguru ji has put in me - I still have faith (I couldn't have this on my own- it's guru sahib) 

I have read bhai guriqbal Singh jis book on power of sukhmani sahib and I'm trying to do 2-3 sukhmani sahibs daily but my target is to do 5. Waheguru ji can do anything....here's an example 

I just feel that Dhan guru ram das jis laavan can't be that weak. Our marriage is like a triangle with guru sahib at the top and me n my hubby at the bottom. He has more responsibility than us. Our souls have been joined with him, dhan guru ram das ji will keep my laaj. People laugh at me and say I'm not being realistic, I'm not thinking logically, it's 2020 ..... But I know that logic and and are two separate poles, if i use my brain and logic - guru sahib won't use his powers. 

What dasam bani do u suggest. I used to read brahm kavach but the sucham scared me a little. 

Please I heard in the katha that the only thing above the guru is the sangat. Please as the roop of the sangat give me blessing of a happy marriage and gursikhi jeevan with my hubby. Please I beg u