Does anyone research other religions?

9 hours ago, AkalkiFauj said:

What I would say is to first get good at Sikh Granths (e.g: like Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, Sri Dasam Granth, Sarbloh Grath, Suraj Pratap Granth). Then start researching other Scriptures of other faiths.

That's fine , but I went to church of England schools, so learnt differently to what you are saying.

I find the story of creation in genesis really interesting. Firstly god created man in his own image, this can be interpreted in many ways. Perhaps it means god is parmaatama while we are aatma. Many Christians interpretate it literally though. 

God then made woman out of man by taking mans rib/flesh and man acknowledged that. 

God gave them one hukkam to follow, which was not to eat from that one particular tree. But what did they do, they ate from the very tree that god told them not to eat from. This says a lot about human nature. The very things god tells us not to do, us humans enjoy engaging in those very things. We like to do stuff which is forbidden, our temptation basically. We are driven by our temptation and need to satisfy our senses, driven by a strong drive to satisfy ourselves,  It's the very core of our basic animalistic nature. 

They couldn't even follow one basic hukkam that they had to follow, temptation got better of them. The snake represents temptations imo. But Christian's interpretate it literally and say it was satan. 

We are fascinated by the forbidden or the restricted. And we have a drive to satisfy it. The drive within to satisfy our needs and senses is far stronger than our duty to obey gods hukkam/command. Our temptations many times defeat the obligation to obey god. Adam and his wifes temptation to eat the apple was far stronger than their faith. 

God then asked them why they have covered their naked bodies from him.

He then sends them out of the garden/paradise, from himself?   to a barren dry wasteland.  As long as they were under gods hukkam they were in paradise and close to him, they were happy, comfortable and in bliss, but when they broke gods hukkam they were in a barren dry wasteland, suffering and far from God.

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I find the story of creation in genesis really interesting. Firstly god created man in his own image, this can be interpreted in many ways. Perhaps it means god is parmaatama while we are aatma. Many Christians interpretate it literally though. 

God then made woman out of man by taking mans rib/flesh and man acknowledged that. 

God gave them one hukkam to follow, which was not to eat from that one particular tree. But what did they do, they ate from the very tree that god told them not to eat from. This says a lot about human nature. The very things god tells us not to do, us humans enjoy engaging in those very things. We like to do stuff which is forbidden, our temptation basically. We are driven by our temptation and need to satisfy our senses, driven by a strong drive to satisfy ourselves,  It's the very core of our basic animalistic nature. 

They couldn't even follow one basic hukkam that they had to follow, temptation got better of them. The snake represents temptations imo. But Christian's interpretate it literally and say it was satan. 

We are fascinated by the forbidden or the restricted. And we have a drive to satisfy it. 

God then asked them why they have covered their naked bodies from him.

He then sends them out of the garden/paradise, from himself?   to a barren dry wasteland.  As long as they were under gods hukkam they were in paradise and close to him, they were happy, comfortable and in bliss, but when they broke gods hukkam they were in a barren dry wasteland, suffering and far from God.

All three of those religions believe in human characteristics and heaven/hell... Good/God... Evil/Devil.. plus a lot of Egyptian mixed in there too. Chief corner stone which is the pinnacle of a pyramid, not the first brick layer as a lot of them think. 

On 5/22/2020 at 1:22 PM, singhnihk said:

Believe me, when I say, that every single letter, word, line and Shabad in the SGGS is very powerful and meaningful.  When I said the Master finds us and we have no power to find Him, I meant it. Let me elaborate on this to the best of my ability, so bear with me. Everyone goes to the Gurdwara sahib (s) but if you ask them what did the Guru say, they will not be able to answer you. Even if they do answer you, they would just replicate the Bani they heard parrot fashion, without ever knowing the meaning.  Don't forget, even if we know the meaning of the bani, it is not enough. We can read its translations in many books, there is no shortage!  What is important is the need to unfold and embrace the message contained in the Bani in order to succeed in this life as good humans. We leave the meaning and the message contained within the the Bani right there where we heard it, inside the Gurdwara with the Guru sahib. We don't embrace it or try to live our life (s) in accordance to it. No one can claim to have found their Master or vice versa, until and unless we adhere to the teachings of that Master. We can only claim the Master has finally found us when He bestows His mercy and compassion upon us and leads us to the understanding of the meanings and message of His Bani, and not before that. This can only happen when we have finally surrendered our ego to Him and not before that.  When He leads us to His Light and our soul cries out 'Waho Waho' and nothing else, that's when we can rest assured that He has finally found us never to leave us again.

The same principle applies, when we surrender our 'heads' to the Guru at the time of Amrit Sanchaar.  He, the Great Master leads us to his Five and not vice versa. Unless and untill, we embrace everything we are told at that time  we can't call ourselves Amritdhari sikhs, if we have not transformed our previous lifestyle or thinking, we need to rethink again. 

The entire creation of His' obeys His Will, it's only us humans that have a problem with it. So, it seems to me, you are the only one who is trying to live your life according to His Hukam in this marriage and not your husband. Thank Him for showing you His Mercy by allowing you to understand what His Hukam is in the Laavaan Bani. You are truly blessed, more blessed than him or his relatives. Let them go, don't loose your faith in such a Powerful and Merciful Guru because of few disbelievers that came into your life. If He can transform a thug to better person, He can surely transform your life to a much happier and a better one, have faith.  Let go and have  faith in Him, with all your heart,worldly goods and sufferings. He is the Remover and Giver of everthing including all our good times and bad times (sufferings), there is no doubt about it. He can remove them in the very same way as He gives them to us. Everything He does is for our own benefit and good. We can't question his Will or His Power.

Of course, He joins our souls with people we marry, but then He is the Only One that disjoins them too. He is All Powerful. He brings people together and then He separates them.  Why He does what He Does, we can't question it. We can't complain. We cannot question His Will, ever, for He works in mysterious ways. We can only respect it.  When we start using our brains and logic we think we are smarter than Him. This is where we start doubting our faith in the Guru.  Doubt and faith don't get along with each other, they are ardent enemies, and you know it. All Dasam Banis, the Gursikhs recite, are extremely powerful.  Dasam Granth is a very empowering Granth.  Try doing Kabiyobach Benti Chaupayee Sahib ji with faith. Our loving Father will surely listen to your heart's cries, just like He listens to everyone elses'. He is truly a very loving Father and we are all so lucky.

I honestly and truly wish you a happiest life you can ever imagine with your husband. I pray He will show not only him but also his silly relatives and those that laugh at you some mercy and lead them all to His Light. I do pray and hope he will return to you and love you and care about you and ask for your forgiveness, for being so silly for doing what he did after following his relatives. (Don't forget to forgive him) Don't forget to remind him also, that he was supposed to follow the Guru and not his relatives as a Gursikh.  I also hope and pray for those that laugh at you now  will soon see the light and start following the Path of Sikhee and learn from their mistakes.  May He shower upon you, your husband and your future children or if you have any now, tons of blessings and love. Good luck and God Bless.

Thank u so much for ur msg, I've learned a lot and your blessings have made me feel even more confident. I've been reading a book my bhai ranbir Singh ji bir called the power of ardas. It speaks about how draupati did many ardas' but it was only at the end (when she had no hope from anyone or confidence in herself at all) krishan ji saved her honor. 

I have faith in waheguru ji, he's joined us for a reason, it's kalyug which is encouraging things like divorce so we've just got to do more paath to fight it off. I heard a katha by sant waryam Singh ji and they explained how kalyug came to guru nanak dev ji and tried offering jewels and riches but guru sahib was committed to naam japna at the end kalyug promised guru sahib that whoever recites gurbani he won't be able to harm/touch them. 

Guru gobind Singh's jis bachan about its being a paap to even think about anyone but your wife keeps my mind grounded to my hubby because my parents try saying I'll end up with someone better etc but dhan dhan guru gobind Singh jis bachans don't let my mind drift. I hope guru sahib has pity on me and cuts my bad karam in my dreams ( as I have read in many saakhis) 

I am definitely going to try and do chaupai sahib daily with waheguru jis kirpa, I hope he'll keep my mind in his lotus feet as currently I'm doing paath but I'm mind isn't resting. 

I know we have a karma account and some things may not be good for us etc If we turn our worries into prayers then guru sahib can make anything happen. I mean if we spoke about the lockdown last year it would've seemed crazy/impossible but guru sahib made it happen. Similarly, although logically/looking at the facts it may seem that me n my hubby have no chance getting back together - if guru ji wants he can make it happen. 

I seem stupid sometimes, I say all of this but then I still cry.... May waheguru ji have pity on me, I try to keep faith but doubts still come into my mind, I try to focus on paath but my mind still wonders, I try to accept his will but my heart still tells me to hope.... I feel useless, waheguru ji is my only hope. I hope he blesses me with either a reunion with my hubby or death...

5 hours ago, Guruguruji said:

Thank u so much for ur msg, I've learned a lot and your blessings have made me feel even more confident. I've been reading a book my bhai ranbir Singh ji bir called the power of ardas. It speaks about how draupati did many ardas' but it was only at the end (when she had no hope from anyone or confidence in herself at all) krishan ji saved her honor. 

I have faith in waheguru ji, he's joined us for a reason, it's kalyug which is encouraging things like divorce so we've just got to do more paath to fight it off. I heard a katha by sant waryam Singh ji and they explained how kalyug came to guru nanak dev ji and tried offering jewels and riches but guru sahib was committed to naam japna at the end kalyug promised guru sahib that whoever recites gurbani he won't be able to harm/touch them. 

Guru gobind Singh's jis bachan about its being a paap to even think about anyone but your wife keeps my mind grounded to my hubby because my parents try saying I'll end up with someone better etc but dhan dhan guru gobind Singh jis bachans don't let my mind drift. I hope guru sahib has pity on me and cuts my bad karam in my dreams ( as I have read in many saakhis) 

I am definitely going to try and do chaupai sahib daily with waheguru jis kirpa, I hope he'll keep my mind in his lotus feet as currently I'm doing paath but I'm mind isn't resting. 

I know we have a karma account and some things may not be good for us etc If we turn our worries into prayers then guru sahib can make anything happen. I mean if we spoke about the lockdown last year it would've seemed crazy/impossible but guru sahib made it happen. Similarly, although logically/looking at the facts it may seem that me n my hubby have no chance getting back together - if guru ji wants he can make it happen. 

I seem stupid sometimes, I say all of this but then I still cry.... May waheguru ji have pity on me, I try to keep faith but doubts still come into my mind, I try to focus on paath but my mind still wonders, I try to accept his will but my heart still tells me to hope.... I feel useless, waheguru ji is my only hope. I hope he blesses me with either a reunion with my hubby or death...

I was listening to sant maskeen singh jis katha on hukam. And he said hukam is whatever has happened it was supposed to. So hukam is the past. But we cant say that what will happen in the future will be hukam or gods will. There our freewill can come into it.

So have hope. The future can be changed and fixed by Guru sahib. 

Also please stop tormenting yourself with these thoughts abt ur failed marriage. Tell urself that i will  only allow myself to doubt lament and cry for 1 hour each day. Rest of the time think God knows best. It is in his hands. For example of a thought abt ur future,.marriage or husband comes up. Say to urself later. Think of something else now. And try to do other things with ur life. Live ur life. Pray for ur marriage and for ur happiness and success 2 hrs or how much ever u want in the morning. And in the evening. And allow 1 hr to cry. Other then these hrs do not waste ur life thinking and crying. Do things.live. enjoy time with ur family. With nature. Dont waste ur jawani crying like a widow. Ofc when u talk to ppl they may bring up ur marriage. Then just say it will be as Guru Sahib wishes. Or we will see. And change the subject. 

8 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I was listening to sant maskeen singh jis katha on hukam. And he said hukam is whatever has happened it was supposed to. So hukam is the past. But we cant say that what will happen in the future will be hukam or gods will. There our freewill can come into it.

So have hope. The future can be changed and fixed by Guru sahib. 

Also please stop tormenting yourself with these thoughts abt ur failed marriage. Tell urself that i will  only allow myself to doubt lament and cry for 1 hour each day. Rest of the time think God knows best. It is in his hands. For example of a thought abt ur future,.marriage or husband comes up. Say to urself later. Think of something else now. And try to do other things with ur life. Live ur life. Pray for ur marriage and for ur happiness and success 2 hrs or how much ever u want in the morning. And in the evening. And allow 1 hr to cry. Other then these hrs do not waste ur life thinking and crying. Do things.live. enjoy time with ur family. With nature. Dont waste ur jawani crying like a widow. Ofc when u talk to ppl they may bring up ur marriage. Then just say it will be as Guru Sahib wishes. Or we will see. And change the subject. 

Thats such a reassuring teaching from maskeen ji, a while back I wouldn't have understood it but the notion of ardas and guru sahibs deyaalta explains how guru sahib can change ur karam. Thank u so much 

I've been reading the 9 qualities of sukhmani sahib by bhai guriqbal Singh ji, the power of ardas by bhai ragbir Singh bir. I'm looking to read something else that'll build my faith/ share experiences of gurbani saving devotees. I have read janam saakhis before so at the moment they don't get my attention. Please suggest any books preferably in english as I use them as bedtime reading so English is easier. I'd be really thankful :)

I used to think my marriage has failed but thinking about it I realised that it was a failed marriage  before when I thought I was in control now my marriage is in the hands of dhan guru ram das ji and in their hands even broken things fixed, dirty things become pure,  bad karam become good... so I would say my marriage is on a journey to success and happiness.

Yes ur right I'm only 24, this time I'll never get again and once waheguru ji blesses me and reunites me with my hubby I probs wont have much time to spend with my family at home so I should take advantage. 

Please please please in the roop of sangat give ur asees that me and my hubby reunite and have a chardikala, gursikhi wala jeevan. Maharaj ji says that the blessings of the sangat is the most powerful like in bhai chajju jis saakhi dhan guru arjan dev ji couldn't turn down what the sangat has said. 

The sangat's blessing are like priceless diamonds and work magically please please I humbly request ur precious blessings may dhan guru ram das keep his laavan di laaj ?