What did the sikh missionaries do?

On 6/3/2020 at 2:45 PM, ipledgeblue said:

which gurdwara is this in Ludhiana?

Gurmat Gian college of which indar ghagga is principal.

Does the notorious Teja Singh Bhasauria fit in as a missionary?

Not really.  There are some threads about him on this site/sikhawareness. Search them.

I am surprised with a few of the names there though...

Any in particular?

When I first heard dhunda, it was to do with that kamli kalesh, and I thought he was a good parcharak because he was talking about the Panth and such but when i heard his other stuff about gurmat, i was quite surprised at his views. The guy is a cretin.

9 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

The above mentioned names have varying degrees of  "missionary" ideology, not clear cut . Best if we not group them , It will only lead to further consolidation on that side and cause even further polarization. Some of the mentioned individuals are in fact contributing quite positively ( given not all their views are palatable to the samapardaic mind). Udoke and Makhu make some very good youtube videos for example. Udoke's current  June 1984 videos are very informative. 

We have to keep the Panth united at all costs, imo. Dissent and counter views should be given a certain freedom, as long they don't become damaging to our unity. Both sides need to keep the focus on what really matters for the average sikh at the moment. Questions about our history, maryada, philosophy need a mature approach. It really boils down to facts and faith. Whenever any individual from either side strays too far out, they need to be disciplined. Keeping a hawk-eyed approach, instead of dog-eat-dog approach will help in both our unity and future scholarship.

Very true, I'd like to think some of the descriptions are outright exaggerated, or at least don't apply to every individual. Udoke, Makhu do tons for teaching Sikhs of our modern history, to associate them with Neki? I don't agree. 

7 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon2 said:

Makhu do tons for teaching Sikhs of our modern history, to associate them with Neki? I don't agree. 

Have you heard the audio recording of makhu and neki about Sri Dasme Patshahs Granth Sahib?

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Never understood why these people are referred to as missionaries.

Because they are part of the Sikh Missionary College, which is where the term comes from. Like how people how studied in taksals are called taksalis.

7 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Have you heard the audio recording of makhu and neki about Sri Dasme Patshahs Granth Sahib?

Because they are part of the Sikh Missionary College, which is where the term comes from. Like how people how studied in taksals are called taksalis.

Okay, I get it. I thought the term had been borrowed from Christian missionaries, which didn't seem suitable in our case. It's an obvious subversive organisation sponsored by GOI, one of many.

19 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Gurmat Gian college of which indar ghagga is principal.

Not really.  There are some threads about him on this site/sikhawareness. Search them.

Any in particular?

When I first heard dhunda, it was to do with that kamli kalesh, and I thought he was a good parcharak because he was talking about the Panth and such but when i heard his other stuff about gurmat, i was quite surprised at his views. The guy is a cretin.

• Harpreet singh makhu
  • Sukhpreet udoke

Although I have seen Udoke with a lot of hinduphobia in some of his prachar.

And don't know too much about him, but I thought sikhri was some kind of media platform for sikhi information.

• Sikhri (Harinder)

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

And don't know too much about him, but I thought sikhri was some kind of media platform for sikhi information.

• Sikhri (Harinder)

Harinder carried SGGS around in a wheelie-suitcase in US. He is a rat. He made thousands of dollars out of US gurdwaras with his sikh syllabus.