bhagauti astotar from Dasam Granth Patna Saroop!

Back in the 90s when we were kids, in our town there used to be this "sikh" couple, husband and woman, but they actually believed in sheran wali mata and they converted their house into an actual mandir! everyone used to call them uncle and aunty and people used to throng to their house/mandir. My family and all the neighboring punjabi families also used to go this house/mandir. He had basically turned his living room into a mandir, there were paintings of matas and devte everywhere! the center piece was a big idol of sheran wali mata on a lion, and people used to donate red chunnis and bangles for her!   people used to come, first sit with them and then go into the mandir room, do matha tek, put money in front of the mata (which obviously went into his pocket)  and then he used ring the bells and do some type of ardaas and then give us parshad which was like that mishri, pathasay, and other stuff. literally it was such a thriving business that one family was about to leave there would be another family just coming in!  i think half of the town went to this mandir!  

he used to claim that his son in Punjab got possessed by mata rani and she tells him everything. My mum asked him if i was gnna pass my 11+ and he rang his son while he was possessed by mata rani and he said yh i will pass, well it turned out i failed HAHA! 

they used to live down our road, and then moved to the road next door, and then again moved down to our road and then moved again.

around this time people started realizing that he is bullsh1tting. Fast forward to 2010 everyone stopped going and his once thriving business collapsed. Apparently he lives in a flat somewhere now, his wife died years ago. 

People used to give him £100s to do ardaas for them b4 mata rani!   he liked drinking milk and people used to order and give him cartons of milk!   crazy!    do you remember back then there used be those crates with milk bottles in them, well people used to donate crates with milk bottles!   

Iv heard loads of stories of where the spirit of mata rani possess people and then they can tell the future etc!