1 hour ago, SikhSeeker said:

Waheguru.

I heard a story similar to this where 2 men went to a village to work. On the way back from work they stopped overnight. One of the men got greedy and deicided to kill the other man and take his money he had worked for.

Years later the man got married and had a boy. The boy was constantly ill and couldn't get better. The man spent money on medicine etc to make his son better but to no use. When his son was lying on his bed ill, the man said to him that he's spent so much money on him but he isn't getting better. The son asked how much have you spent, to which his dad replied the amount. The son then replied thats how much you took from me after you killed me and now you have repaid it, and passed away. 

Waheguru     

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, SikhSeeker said:

Waheguru.

I heard a story similar to this where 2 men went to a village to work. On the way back from work they stopped overnight. One of the men got greedy and deicided to kill the other man and take his money he had worked for.

Years later the man got married and had a boy. The boy was constantly ill and couldn't get better. The man spent money on medicine etc to make his son better but to no use. When his son was lying on his bed ill, the man said to him that he's spent so much money on him but he isn't getting better. The son asked how much have you spent, to which his dad replied the amount. The son then replied thats how much you took from me after you killed me and now you have repaid it, and passed away. 

I think an important message here is to not hold grudges, to try to forgive and forget otherwise it will come back to you

I heard this story on the radio again today. They were discussing why kids don't take care of their parents anymore when the parents get old. After all parents do so much for their kids.

The radio host shared a story about a guy who rang in yesterday and shared his life story. She said the guy said he went to India to get married, she came to the UK. He worked really hard to buy a house and make sure the kids and his wife had a comfortable life. Apparently he achieved a lot. He then had a major accident and became disabled, his wife then sent him to a home where they take care of disabled people and never visited him again !   He said he did so much for her, and when it was her turn to take care of him because of his disability, she sent him to a care home place and never visited! Just dumped him there. 

The radio host was sharing the story, apparently her rang in yesterday.  

Scary what people will do to you. 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

I heard this story on the radio again today. They were discussing why kids don't take care of their parents anymore when the parents get old. After all parents do so much for their kids.

The radio host shared a story about a guy who rang in yesterday and shared his life story. She said the guy said he went to India to get married, she came to the UK. He worked really hard to buy a house and make sure the kids and his wife had a comfortable life. Apparently he achieved a lot. He then had a major accident and became disabled, his wife then sent him to a home where they take care of disabled people and never visited him again !   He said he did so much for her, and when it was her turn to take care of him because of his disability, she sent him to a care home place and never visited! Just dumped him there. 

The radio host was sharing the story, apparently her rang in yesterday.  

Scary what people will do to you. 

I think this is one of things people have in their heads.

That there is a hidden contract, that if you help someone somehow they will reciprocate. 

Same thing with being a parent, that because you raised the kids you expect them to reciprocate when you get older.

That is not the case.

Just now, Ranjeet01 said:

I think this is one of things people have in their heads.

That there is a hidden contract, that if you help someone somehow they will reciprocate. 

Same thing with being a parent, that because you raised the kids you expect them to reciprocate when you get older.

That is not the case.

Well it's should be the case, you can say its dharmic, but unfortunately its just not how its is.

My friends sister did the same thing. My friend is English and his sister met her bf back when we were in school. years later he ended up in a car accident and became permanently paralyzed neck down. The case went to court, the company of the lorry driver could give him millions for compensation. Case went on for about a year and my friends sister was with him for the whole year, even moved in with him. It turned out it wasn't the lorry drivers fault but the boyfriends, and he didn't get a penny. My friends sister dumped him straight away. Even my friend was saying that his sister was only with him because she thought he would get a million for compensation. 

When it comes to parents, especially South Asian parents, they don't really teach any dharmic values to their children, straight away they start drilling materialistic ideas in to their children, how important money is, that they need to be rich when they are older, buy big houses, cars etc  Is it any wonder that these kids end up self centered when they are older ?   South Asian parents, particularly Indian parents drill that into their kids from the beginning.  

Teaching your kid to reach high and be competitive is fine, but drilling into a 5 year olds head  the "importance" of wealth, being rich, big houses with two garages etc  is just ... idnno ....     but its no surprise when they get older they want to get rid of the old, grey, shriveled up parents,  they don't go well with the furniture! 

My mother knows people who have kids that go to Sikh primary school and you hear stories of when the kids have birthday parties the kids criticize each others furniture and small houses and birthday gifts etc    

I know White people, and none of them teach their 5 year olds about buying big houses with 5 garages and the importance of extending your property. 

15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Well it's should be the case, you can say its dharmic, but unfortunately its just not how its is.

My friends sister did the same thing. My friend is English and his sister met her bf back when we were in school. years later he ended up in a car accident and became permanently paralyzed neck down. The case went to court, the company of the lorry driver could give him millions for compensation. Case went on for about a year and my friends sister was with him for the whole year, even moved in with him. It turned out it wasn't the lorry drivers fault but the boyfriends, and he didn't get a penny. My friends sister dumped him straight away. Even my friend was saying that his sister was only with him because she thought he would get a million for compensation. 

When it comes to parents, especially South Asian parents, they don't really teach any dharmic values to their children, straight away they start drilling materialistic ideas in to their children, how important money is, that they need to be rich when they are older, buy big houses, cars etc  Is it any wonder that these kids end up self centered when they are older ?   South Asian parents, particularly Indian parents drill that into their kids from the beginning.  

Teaching your kid to reach high and be competitive is fine, but drilling into a 5 year olds head  the "importance" of wealth, being rich, big houses with two garages etc  is just ... idnno ....     but its no surprise when they get older they want to get rid of the old, grey, shriveled up parents,  they don't go well with the furniture! 

My mother knows people who have kids that go to Sikh primary school and you hear stories of when the kids have birthday parties the kids criticize each others furniture and small houses and birthday gifts etc    

I know White people, and none of them teach their 5 year olds about buying big houses with 5 garages and the importance of extending your property. 

The white people are more dharmic than our people in some ways. 

The goreh have a different dynamic to ours. They kick their kids out of the house when they are 16 and when the kids are older they turn the tables and dump their parents into nursing homes. 

That's karma for you.

But goreh don't seem to be as materially inclined as ours. How many of our kids do you see driving golf's,  bmws, mercs and audis and you see the goreh kids with a p1ssy Puegeot 206.

Our parents buy their kids houses and properties to get them on the property ladder whereas the goreh will be lucky if their parents could do the same. They have to be more independent than us.