Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

I remember a sakhi which I heard on those dharmic cassette tapes from back then. This is from around 2001/2002.  So I was a kid and dnt remember all of it.

I think it was set around the time of either Guru Ram Das ji or Guru Arjan Dev Ji.  It was about a old man who couldn't walk or function much and he would lay on the manjha all day, coughing. He would constantly tell his son and daughter in law to help him and do this for him and do that for him e.g. 

His son and daughter in law got fed up of him and started deciding what to do with him. The son then decided to throw him into a river and get rid of him once and for all. As he was old and sick he wouldn't be able to swim out anyway and would drown, which is what the plan was.

So the son put the old man on his back and carried him to the river. Once he got to the river he carried the old man on his arms and was about to throw him in. Just b4 he was about to throw him in the old man said " dnt throw me just here, throw me a little further up but not too far, throw me just in the middle" and the son said why is that? And the old man said "well this is where I threw my own father when he got old, while further down is where your son will throw you when you get old,  so throw me in the middle" 

The son then swung the old man onto his back and carried him back home.

Waheguru.

I heard a story similar to this where 2 men went to a village to work. On the way back from work they stopped overnight. One of the men got greedy and deicided to kill the other man and take his money he had worked for.

Years later the man got married and had a boy. The boy was constantly ill and couldn't get better. The man spent money on medicine etc to make his son better but to no use. When his son was lying on his bed ill, the man said to him that he's spent so much money on him but he isn't getting better. The son asked how much have you spent, to which his dad replied the amount. The son then replied thats how much you took from me after you killed me and now you have repaid it, and passed away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SikhSeeker said:

Waheguru.

I heard a story similar to this where 2 men went to a village to work. On the way back from work they stopped overnight. One of the men got greedy and deicided to kill the other man and take his money he had worked for.

Years later the man got married and had a boy. The boy was constantly ill and couldn't get better. The man spent money on medicine etc to make his son better but to no use. When his son was lying on his bed ill, the man said to him that he's spent so much money on him but he isn't getting better. The son asked how much have you spent, to which his dad replied the amount. The son then replied thats how much you took from me after you killed me and now you have repaid it, and passed away. 

Waheguru     

ਆਪੇ ਬੀਜਿ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਖਾਹੁ॥
aape beej aape hee khaahu

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, SikhSeeker said:

Waheguru.

I think this was from Giani Thakur Singh ji Katha a few years ago

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use