Detached

Guest Gurpreet

Guest Gurpreet

Satshriakal Sareya nu,

It's been 8 years I took amrit and I firmly believe in sikhism but from last couple of months I am feeling detached to religion.

I am facing this change gradually but I would like to share that I am becoming wise and my faith in GOD (Akal Purakh) is increasing.

I am feeling like there is no need to follow a certain way to please waheguru. The only way to please him is having trust and faith in him.

I am a mature in 30s lady and have moved to Australia 3 years back and I think I am changing due to influence of this country. I believe in  being happy and stress free rather than to be continuously under an impression of fear from God. 

I started believing more in Karma and faith in Waheguru is enough and there is no need to follow a certain way to maintain it like being amritdhari and reciting bani.

Waheguru has given me more than what I deserve but I never ever in my life felt so much detached from my panth. 

And the biggest issue is that first time in my life my mind is relax, I am at peace and I am happy now. 

This is something different coz i should feel bad but I am happy. 

Guru Nanak Dev ji says that you can only Naam Jap when waheguru wants you to. I am afraid as my thoughts will spoil me. 

Please if any one could help me to how to fix myself. I am certainly broken. 

Guest Singh2001

You didn’t mention anything about sangat. What’s this been like since taking amrit or feeling this way?

Maybe lack of sadh sangat has got you feeling broken 

Guest Singh is King
15 hours ago, Guest Gurpreet said:

Satshriakal Sareya nu,

It's been 8 years I took amrit and I firmly believe in sikhism but from last couple of months I am feeling detached to religion.

I am facing this change gradually but I would like to share that I am becoming wise and my faith in GOD (Akal Purakh) is increasing.

I am feeling like there is no need to follow a certain way to please waheguru. The only way to please him is having trust and faith in him.

I am a mature in 30s lady and have moved to Australia 3 years back and I think I am changing due to influence of this country. I believe in  being happy and stress free rather than to be continuously under an impression of fear from God. 

I started believing more in Karma and faith in Waheguru is enough and there is no need to follow a certain way to maintain it like being amritdhari and reciting bani.

Waheguru has given me more than what I deserve but I never ever in my life felt so much detached from my panth. 

And the biggest issue is that first time in my life my mind is relax, I am at peace and I am happy now. 

Guru Nanak Dev ji says that you can only Naam Jap when waheguru wants you to. I am afraid as my thoughts will spoil me. 

Pen Jee, 

no need to feel broken, you are very much to the Truth of Gurmat. 

Only that much I will add, apart from having faith and trust in Him, which is the same thing, but do that thing which really pleases Him, as you have stated in your last line of your post, do the jaap of His Nam, for in His court only that much shall be valued.

Guest realies

If you are at peace, your mind is relaxed and are happy. Well, that doesnt sound broken. You are old enough to know right from wrong and after 8 years amrit you already know about what sikhi says; reading  gurbani, keep sangat, doing seva and simran. 

No one here is going to force you to follow a way. It really is a choice,  you know how karam works so make you own decisions.

Its your life, you are the only person who decides when to change it and if you want. Where mental health is involed, engage with your doctor or message a mental health helpline. 

I definitely agree. I've been through similar periods, where I've either not been reading enough Baani, or not really listening to katha or having little or no sangat. But as soon as I increase these again, my faith and peace and balance are restored. ??

On 5/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, Guest Gurpreet said:

Satshriakal Sareya nu,

Good stuff. Gurbani speaks of Sehaj, being at peace and relaxing. There’s no need to fear God. There is so much negativity in the world that the bhagat reacts in positivity. Being a positive person is key to walking on the path. The Gurus reacted this way to most events in their lives. Relax and be at peace, life is temporary so enjoy it while you can and be a good soul.

Just now, Sat1 said:
On 5/29/2020 at 2:38 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Are you Gurpreet Kaur that was here many years ago. And took amrit against the wishes of your parents? You used to have a lioness/kaur profile photoh

Hi, no I’m not