Where has this thinking brought us ? why do we still nurture it ?

image.png.7acb484d4ed44081009e19f6cad494e9.png

Found this post on yet another saabat soorat, amritdhari guy who claims to be preaching guru's shabad 

Notice his thinking underlined in red. 

Rather than having a positive outlook, he's sure sikh demography will further plummet. Since he already thinks and believes that, he will conduct accordingly.

And what the heck is this "Sikhi will outlive sikhs" ??

Also notice the comment "Its quality,not quantity" . really ? do we even have the quality ?

I don't think he's being fatalistic at all. It's acknowledging a reality that seems to be facing us. I disagree with his overall conclusion, but there WILL be a significant reduction in practising Sikhs. It's nothing to do with doom-mongering, negativity, or anything of the sort. The idea that we'll always be around is lulling ourselves into a false security that's feeding an mentality of inaction and complacency. That's dangerous for many reasons.

Long-term and irreversible damage to Sikhi should be something that we should endeavour to prevent NOW rather than anticipate and welcome a scenario where a loyal minority will continue flying the flag against all odds after an apocalyptic episode of destruction. That's just feeding into a narcissistic frame of mind that's part of the overall Indian mentality where most people consider themselves to be latent heroes. 

I don't doubt Sikhi will survive everything that's thrown at it. My concern is what form Sikhi will resemble after such a scenario.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Long-term and irreversible damage to Sikhi should be something that we should endeavour to prevent NOW rather than anticipate and welcome a scenario where a loyal minority will continue flying the flag against all odds after an apocalyptic episode of destruction

and thats exactly what is wrong with that fb post

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I don't think he's being fatalistic at all. It's acknowledging a reality that seems to be facing us. I disagree with his overall conclusion, but there WILL be a significant reduction in practising Sikhs. It's nothing to do with doom-mongering, negativity, or anything of the sort. The idea that we'll always be around is lulling ourselves into a false security that's feeding an mentality of inaction and complacency. That's dangerous for many reasons.

Long-term and irreversible damage to Sikhi should be something that we should endeavour to prevent NOW rather than anticipate and welcome a scenario where a loyal minority will continue flying the flag against all odds after an apocalyptic episode of destruction. That's just feeding into a narcissistic frame of mind that's part of the overall Indian mentality where most people consider themselves to be latent heroes. 

I don't doubt Sikhi will survive everything that's thrown at it. My concern is what form Sikhi will resemble after such a scenario.

Of course I cannot be all optimistic and deny this fact as well. 

Punjabi / Sikhs in India wanna go overseas where their children get white washed forgetting all about Sikhi and bayas are overtaking jobs in India (i.e. farming)... where will all this leave Sikhi? 

Although there is Sikh culture overseas (Gurudwara, Punjabi school) but still, won't be the same for various reasons. 

6 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Of course I cannot be all optimistic and deny this fact as well. 

Punjabi / Sikhs in India wanna go overseas where their children get white washed forgetting all about Sikhi and bayas are overtaking jobs in India (i.e. farming)... where will all this leave Sikhi? 

Although there is Sikh culture overseas (Gurudwara, Punjabi school) but still, won't be the same for various reasons. 

They don't want to hear it. It angers them. There's no love or emotional pull for the land or the culture. It's all empty posturing in folk songs and films. The only thing that speaks to them is money. 

I've been saying it for the past couple of years, but when the bhayya issue becomes irreversible and something that can't be rectified without bloodshed, THEN apne will wake up. Too late. Sikhs will be cast as the villains; the Buddhists to the poor, innocent Rohingyas (bhayyas).

The media will pounce on the "evil" Sikhs; our faith will be dragged through the mud, because we'll be attempting to rectify a process the entire planet is in the middle of being brainwashed into believing is the default mode of existence: the erasure of borders, the unfettered movement of bodies solely for economic purposes, and the gradual elimination of any culture or religion that sets itself apart from others (special dispensation for Islam, of course, because that's the weapon that'll be used to subdue the rest). 

Us Western based immigrants are in no position to baulk at any of this. We (or at least out elders) were arguably the first to benefit from these policies post-WW2. Be prepared to be accused of being a hypocrite on a regular basis. ?

The poster of that message is assuming this based on our circumstances today. But if you ask a Sikh from year 1900 what the situation of the Sikhs will be by year 2000 he would never have imagined the Akali movement, Nankana Sahib massacre, 1947 partition, Punjabi Suba movement, 1984 Ghallukara and the Kharku movment that followed. 

By 2100 we can't imagine what will happen. For all we know there might be Khalsa Raaj established through out the world. 

I think the least we could do is continue the conversation going. The more it stays on our minds, the more it will be shared amongst us. Dont assume some "group" should take up the cause... very unlikely in the current times. In terms of a whole community, we are steadily heading off the cliff, counting our dollars and mansions along the way. The writing is on the wall. For the vast majority of our community, the decline and demise is not viewed with any great concern. They are subconsciously prepared to merge into whatever dominant group they are in the midst of. Only those who view the Path and Vision of the Guru paramount in their lives will yell and scream. Looking at the decadal growth of sikhs in India, where over 90% of our faithful reside, the data is gruesome. Sikhs are declining in percentage AND absolute numbers across India. Decadal Growth in Punjab and surrounding states is CATASTROPHICALLY low. Our Minority status in Punjab is fast approaching. Our "jathedaars" are clueless or incompetent. The faithful amongst us will need to rise to the occasion if the hard work of our ancestors is to be preserved. Starts with simple things like understanding the geo-polictical games being enacted to understand what our goals and strategies need to be. Attention seeking through charity, langars, muslim-pandering & hindu-phobia needs a SERIOUS examination.

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

They don't want to hear it. It angers them. There's no love or emotional pull for the land or the culture. It's all empty posturing in folk songs and films. The only thing that speaks to them is money. 

I've been saying it for the past couple of years, but when the bhayya issue becomes irreversible and something that can't be rectified without bloodshed, THEN apne will wake up. Too late. Sikhs will be cast as the villains; the Buddhists to the poor, innocent Rohingyas (bhayyas).

The media will pounce on the "evil" Sikhs; our faith will be dragged through the mud, because we'll be attempting to rectify a process the entire planet is in the middle of being brainwashed into believing is the default mode of existence: the erasure of borders, the unfettered movement of bodies solely for economic purposes, and the gradual elimination of any culture or religion that sets itself apart from others (special dispensation for Islam, of course, because that's the weapon that'll be used to subdue the rest). 

Us Western based immigrants are in no position to baulk at any of this. We (or at least out elders) were arguably the first to benefit from these policies post-WW2. Be prepared to be accused of being a hypocrite on a regular basis. ?

They already are aggressive. Did you not hear about how they beat up a disabled granthi outside hindu mandir just because of parking issue, in PUNJAB. From going to afghan's home to beat them in kabul, to having this MUGHAL SLAVES come and beat us in our own state, we came a far way ! 

The thing is when bhayyas come to maharashtra, they don't show the locals the eye. I wonder if thats because maharashtra has a history of being violent and upbeat against immigrants from other states, esp biharis . Or is it because biharis respect maharashtra as its hindu . Maharashtra has for centuries been fort of hindu nationalism,that could be another reason .

With punjab, you have sikhs who're extra nice (how cute) , they make you sit in their langars, feed you, even wash your utensils, if you're working for a punjabi farmer, the farmer's punjabi wife will even treat you to home made desi ghyo paraunthe . What else do you need when you come from a poor state ? Such acts of kindness are ALMOST NEVER reciprocated , but instead you come across as a weak who can be taken for granted. 

Right now while Sikhs are doing their part in covid india , we have many videos of angry punjabi sardar truck drivers who ask us pitifully why we keep feeding bhaiyye when infact the sardar sikh truck drivers are even denied water when they go with trucks to bihar and are stuck there.

9 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Attention seeking through charity, langars, muslim-pandering & hindu-phobia needs a SERIOUS examination.

How many more beatings throughout history do you need to understand that neither hindu nor muslim is our friend. Islam wants to murder you for being a kaafir . They will not beat around the bush for that. And brahminism wants to assimilate you like salt in water.