Secularism - biggest threat ?

Premi5

Following from the threads of Sikh-Hindu and Sikh-Muslim relations, and the inter-racial thread, I think something has been missed

A lot of Sikhs in West are marrying out mainly to goray

These are not religious Sikhs, just 'cultural' Sikhs

Most of our people are not very religious. 

Secularism might be a bigger threat than any religion to our future

Cultural sikhs will very unlikely raise there kids as sikhs, and then within 2 or 3 generations they will have no link to sikh culture or faith. In fact this is happening in the west right now.

It's like how many old english people were raised within christian culture, but now their grandkids are atheists and have no link to the faith religiously or culturally what so ever.   Same is happening with the cultural sikhs right now. 

I reckon once the current uncle/aunty generation are dead  anand karaj and gurdwara attendance will have a massive fall/drop    punjabi language will also drop.    Only practising sikhs will remain sikhs and go gurdwara.

It's silly how they have opened so many gurdware in the uk.  Not great for the future. 

Immigrants from india in the future will probably remain sunday sikhs, they tend to have stronger belief in a higher being. 

Now is the time to decide where you stand, you cant have one leg here and another there. People need to think about their kids too. 

But i think this will make the religious sikhs a more tight knit community 

What's keeping all the different fractions of sikhs together e.g  singhs, monay, atheist sikhs, this that the other   is not actually the sikh identity but the punjabi identity. A lot of british born kids who are currently teens dnt know how to speak punjabi and many have never been punjab, they have no clue about punjab or punjab history,  the punjabi identity is crumbling as well, once it has crumbled    there will be no link between actual sikhs and "cultural sikhs"    as there currently is    what's keeping this link is the punjabi identity  which appears to be fading among the cultural sikhs. 

A lot of changes are happening  which I think will become more obvious in the future. 

I think we need to prioritize opening Sikh daycare, primary, secondary schooling. Each gurdwara needs to act as a focal point for where we can grow future institutions for the children. The primary purpose of our gurdwara should be educating the next generation, imo. 

It should be  a given that once we have a gurdwara in an area, a school should start up and gradually grow with the #'s.

34 minutes ago, Jai Tegang! said:

I think we need to prioritize opening Sikh daycare, primary, secondary schooling. Each gurdwara needs to act as a focal point for where we can grow future institutions for the children. The primary purpose of our gurdwara should be educating the next generation, imo. 

It should be  a given that once we have a gurdwara in an area, a school should start up and gradually grow with the #'s.

honestly the youth should take over a Guru Ghar, make good decisions and once the good kushbu starts to spread, the other Gurdwaras will notice and be like why are they getting so much Sangat?

we should have more prachar in english in the Gurdwara (so the people who don't know Panjabi can understand at least a little and stay connected with their roots), more classrooms so different age groups can have their own tailored talks, healthier Langar and even a gym so our lot don't get bullied for being fat and are actually hench Singhs and Kaurs.

If someone knows coding they could make a rate my Gurdwara app and have sections like which Gurdwara have the best kirtan teachers (e.g. Tanti Saaj), best Panjabi class, healthiest langar - organic idk, maybe even have a Gurdwara v Gurdwara sports tournament.

Slowly, slowly even if the oldies are in charge they'll be like how dare we not be in first place or have higher rating and this will breed healthy competition, making them actually care about the Gurdwara because the committee vale  need the Sangat and if the Sangat are at the Gurdwara with the better Panjabi class, what are they gonna do; Drink more Cha? Then this will be like Swarag on earth because everything is going to plan, people are getting Anand and actually enjoy Sikhi.

In Puratan times is what the Gurdwara was like. Kirtan, Horse riding, Santhiya, Katha, exercise.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

honestly the youth should take over a Guru Ghar, make good decisions and once the good kushbu starts to spread, the other Gurdwaras will notice and be like why are they getting so much Sangat?

we should have more prachar in english in the Gurdwara (so the people who don't know Panjabi can understand at least a little and stay connected with their roots), more classrooms so different age groups can have their own tailored talks, healthier Langar and even a gym so our lot don't get bullied for being fat and are actually hench Singhs and Kaurs.

If someone knows coding they could make a rate my Gurdwara app and have sections like which Gurdwara have the best kirtan teachers (e.g. Tanti Saaj), best Panjabi class, healthiest langar - organic idk, maybe even have a Gurdwara v Gurdwara sports tournament.

Slowly, slowly even if the oldies are in charge they'll be like how dare we not be in first place or have higher rating and this will breed healthy competition, making them actually care about the Gurdwara because the committee vale  need the Sangat and if the Sangat are at the Gurdwara with the better Panjabi class, what are they gonna do; Drink more Cha? Then this will be like Swarag on earth because everything is going to plan, people are getting Anand and actually enjoy Sikhi.

In Puratan times is what the Gurdwara was like. Kirtan, Horse riding, Santhiya, Katha, exercise.

provided they are not sellouts like the city sikhs lot , cannot believe Jasvir Singh was agreeing to no Kirtan, Katha, Ardas or Paat in gurdwarey as a condition of their opening ; anyway glad he stepped back from the role as mouthpiece of the India=influenced Tory Party

Liberalism has created a whole new breed of punjabis.

Remember when rupi kaur took a photo of herself in bed with dirty blood stained pyjamas from the crotch. She became a overnight internet sensation coz of that. A voice for millions of suppressed sikh women in the western world. A torch.

I wonder if I would get the same response and recognition if I, let's say, take a photo of my dried up c** stains and upload it on social media.  it's only natural. Millions of men around the world have been looked down at by the church and other religious institutions and the pope for centuries for doing that, and been told they would get hairy palms for doing it. All those poor guilt ridden holy and religious men of the world. 

I think,  rupi kaur has just inspired me