•  
  •  
  •  56SHARES

By
Martin NaylorCourt Reporter
  • 09:52, 26 MAY 2020
  • UPDATED11:44, 26 MAY 2020

Scene of an alleged stabbing in Normanton Road
Video from the scene of an alleged stabbing in Normanton Road which is alleged to have happened at around 9am on May 25, 2020.

Video Player is loading.
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:15
Loaded:0.00%

Fullscreen
THE SCENE IN NORMANTON ROADSubscri
A 31-year-old Derby man has been charged following a stabbing in Normanton.

Mohammed Ibrar was charged overnight with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident which saw a 41-year-old suffer wounds at the Polanica shop in Normanton Road, at around 8.45am on Monday, May 25.

Ibrar, of Cromwell Road, Normanton, has also been charged with burglary in connection with an earlier incident which saw a Sikh temple attacked.

The Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara, in nearby Stanhope Street, was broken into sometime in the early hours and damaged.

Ibrar is due to appear at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday morning, May 26.

A police spokeswoman said: "Officers investigating an alleged stabbing and a burglary at a Sikh temple have charged a man.

"Mohammed Ibrar, 31, of Cromwell Road, Derby, has been charged with wounding with intent and burglary and is due before Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court this morning.

"We were called just before 8.40am yesterday (Monday 25 May) to reports that the Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara had been broken into some hours earlier.

"Another call came in minutes later to say that a man had been stabbed inside the Polanica shop, in Normanton Road, Normanton.

"On arrival, officers found a 41-year-old man with injuries.

"The man was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre for treatment and was later discharged."

And in a statement released on Monday, Superintendent Gareth Meadows said: “I would like to thank the Sikh community and the local people in Normanton for their assistance with our enquiries.

“if you have any information in relation to these two incidents please speak to the officers or contact us using the methods stated.”

Please quote reference number 249 of 25 May for the break in and 257 of 25 May for the stabbing

Facebook – send a private message to /DerbyshireConstabulary

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Where do we draw the line? In all of this dirty politics, what do we recognise as Maharaj's Hukam and how do we ensure that we're not acting in Manmatt?

Maharaj gave us the secular vision to see all as equal: "maanas ki jaat sabhai ekai pehchanbo"; and they say that everything is Waheguru's creation so who can we call bad, since there is none other: "Jee jant sabh tis de sabhna ka soee. Mandaa kis no aakheeyae je duja hoee".

Maharaj blessed us with arms to ensure the raakhee(protection) of Dharam (righteousness). Some members are cursing Sikhs for treating Muslims with respect, like saving the izzat of their daughters and serving them Langar. Jal tan Bhai Ghanaiya ji ne Mughal sainika nu vi shakaya si. Ohna nu taan Maharaj di shabashi hi mili si. Sikhan ne taan Marathea di dheea di vi izzat rakhi si, after Panipat battle when they attacked the convoys of Abdali at night, and proceeded to get the women back to their families.

Although granted, going about cleaning mosques does come across as unnecessary behind-licking, but I don't think small acts of kindness like letting them pray at a Gurdwara or sharing food with them can be a threat to dharam (righteousness). I agree in the bigger picture, Islam is definitely a threat to non-Muslims. However, if Sikhs view them ALL with eyes of contempt, is it not against the teachings of Maharaj? Since the political situations vary country to country, is it not the right approach that the Sikh community can have conflicting standpoints depending upon which country the sangat is from? As the panth grows geographically, it is only natural to have diverse political views, isn't it? The only thing rigid should be Sikhi principles.

That's why I ask, where do we draw the line? Is it a question of keeping them at bay or about keeping our own panth in charhdikala? After all, they can't do <banned word filter activated> if every person in our own panth is well fed, feels included and parchaar is happening in the way it should. I'm genuinely curious because I can't justify a behaviour if it is not based on Gurbani or panth history.

Please be kind as I'm new and only trying to learn through dialogue.

3 minutes ago, Khaaik said:

Where do we draw the line? In all of this dirty politics, what do we recognise as Maharaj's Hukam and how do we ensure that we're not acting in Manmatt?

Maharaj gave us the secular vision to see all as equal: "maanas ki jaat sabhai ekai pehchanbo"; and they say that everything is Waheguru's creation so who can we call bad, since there is none other: "Jee jant sabh tis de sabhna ka soee. Mandaa kis no aakheeyae je duja hoee".

Maharaj blessed us with arms to ensure the raakhee(protection) of Dharam (righteousness). Some members are cursing Sikhs for treating Muslims with respect, like saving the izzat of their daughters and serving them Langar. Jal tan Bhai Ghanaiya ji ne Mughal sainika nu vi shakaya si. Ohna nu taan Maharaj di shabashi hi mili si. Sikhan ne taan Marathea di dheea di vi izzat rakhi si, after Panipat battle when they attacked the convoys of Abdali at night, and proceeded to get the women back to their families.

Although granted, going about cleaning mosques does come across as unnecessary behind-licking, but I don't think small acts of kindness like letting them pray at a Gurdwara or sharing food with them can be a threat to dharam (righteousness). I agree in the bigger picture, Islam is definitely a threat to non-Muslims. However, if Sikhs view them ALL with eyes of contempt, is it not against the teachings of Maharaj? Since the political situations vary country to country, is it not the right approach that the Sikh community can have conflicting standpoints depending upon which country the sangat is from? As the panth grows geographically, it is only natural to have diverse political views, isn't it? The only thing rigid should be Sikhi principles.

That's why I ask, where do we draw the line? Is it a question of keeping them at bay or about keeping our own panth in charhdikala? After all, they can't do <banned word filter activated> if every person in our own panth is well fed, feels included and parchaar is happening in the way it should. I'm genuinely curious because I can't justify a behaviour if it is not based on Gurbani or panth history.

Please be kind as I'm new and only trying to learn through dialogue.

Good post.

The line is drawn here...... we help those who come to us for help but we help our own always first. We only allow gurdwara's for our own religious services we respect others to follow what they want to believe but we will not let our guru's house become some kinda islamic or free for all den of propagation of non-sikh beliefs.

We see all humans as equals and only judge the person by their character however the different ideologies people follow we can also judge them for that too. If a person follows satanism we are right to see them as worshipping the devil and partaking in things we consider sinful. If a person follows mainstream islam and they are taught that non-muslims are going to hellfire if they dont convert to islam and muslims will have to fight non-muslims in great battles for victory for allah. Then we can judge them as following a hostile ideology and understand that is what they are on and not be hoodwinked just because we may have good relations with the individual that the collective of them wont attack you or go against you when the right time comes for them to make a move.

All the fake langari Sikhs like khalsa aid and all man them there are not doing any favors for Sikhi or their own salvation moreover they are only contributing to their own sins because Guru Nanak Sahib gave clear guidance how a hindu can be a "good hindu" how a muslim can be a "good muslim" that is not to follow the caste-ism that is not to follow quran and sunnah literally. The key to be a good hindu and good muslim in guru ji's message was to be like a Sikh that is how they would be saved.

If muslims followed literally everything in quran and sunnah they would be committing sins according to hindu beliefs and if hindu's followed everything in hinduism they would be committing sins in islamic beliefs so the 3rd path of spirituality which is Sikhi was formed. So when Sikhs are going around cleaning masjids that preach quran and sunnah that show contempt to other religions and wish to conquest over them then they are showing their slave mentality its dhimmi status and servitude that muslim sunni's scholars and leaders get great satisfaction from. One should ask these mental sikh slaves of islam why are they not cleaning mandirs and offering their gurdwara's to have hindu idols to be worshipped if they are allowing muslims for namaaz and ifar parties.

16 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Funny thing is, Bhagat Farid Ji wasn't even a Muslim after they met Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaaj.

gurmat bibek Singhs r 100% right.

All bhagats got Naam from Guru Nanak Sahib.

No one can enter Sachkhand without getting Naam from Satguru.

sadly, most of the panth is trying to please the world by saying that our Gurbani contains baani of Hindus and Muslims.

Present day Sikhs just want to please this temporary false world. Shame!

1 hour ago, genie said:

The key to be a good hindu and good muslim in guru ji's message was to be like a Sikh that is how they would be saved.

Yes I agree, for them to be a good person of faith acc. to Guruji is to live as per Gurmat. I also believe that for true bhagti, we need to let go of hatred for others. How can I expect to be good in eyes of Waheguru when I say a part of their Creation/Him is bad? That implies they're not perfect, doesn't it? Do I know better than Waheguru? I personally think we need to be wary of the Muslims and be proactive surely, while accepting them for who they are, ie, aggressive proselytisers. We need to maintain our distance, but the way many Sikhs view Muslims with disgust confuses me. If you touch a scorpion and it stings you, can you blame the scorpion? It's its nature to sting. In the same way it's a part of Waheguru's Hukam to have made a quam that is aggressive proselytisers. Can we ever comprehend Waheguru's doings? 

I might be wrong in your view because I dont know the reality of life in the West being an Indian Sikh. Here in India, I think Sikhs siding with Muslims is not an act of scking up, rather it's a grouping response to increasingly aggressive majority Hindus. They see Muslims (other minorities) as allies against an increasingly radical majority.

Basically what I'm saying is how can hatred and bhagti go hand in hand?

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a ‘false flag’

GOI or Uk SS if they were reading the threads recently here could get ideas about animosity between Sikhs and Muslims to engineer the attack

important we discuss the topics that have been discussed recently to be aware/alert of Muslims and Hindus, but if we continue doing this then don’t be surprised to see more new issues emerging in the media since this is the most read Sikh forum on the Net

3 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

On the one hand you have great men like Mohan Singh from the Sikh Awareness Society speaking out against muslim grooming gangs and how they are attacking our girls.

Then you have effeminate fools allowing muslims to pray in our gurdwaras. These people have no common sense whatsoever.

We need more of the former not latter.

Muslims are aggressors and aggressors always overpower the passive unless they grow a pair and fight back.

its the way the real world works the aggressor will always out win the passive even in nature and animal kingdom

Being submissive allows the dominant to dominate you. When Sikhs are confident and dominate then Sikhi and Sikhs win all the time.

11 minutes ago, genie said:

its the way the real world works the aggressor will always out win the passive even in nature and animal kingdom

Being submissive allows the dominant to dominate you. When Sikhs are confident and dominate then Sikhi and Sikhs win all the time.

Very true. 1700s is a fine example of the survival of the fittest. Of the Mughals, Afghans, Hindu Pahari Rajas, armed Muslim Punjabi Rajputs all if whom had the upper hand only the Sikhs came out on top who were less than 6% of the population. Sikhs back then didn't have any leftist SJW cucks, feminists in there ranks like we have today.

2 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Very true. 1700s is a fine example of the survival of the fittest. Of the Mughals, Afghans, Hindu Pahari Rajas, armed Muslim Punjabi Rajputs all if whom had the upper hand only the Sikhs came out on top who were less than 6% of the population. Sikhs back then didn't have any leftist SJW cucks, feminists in there ranks like we have today.

The SJW cucks, feminists, leftist and the rich powerful elites give cover to oppressors of Sikhs. Take for example in punjab the likes of akali dal aka badal dal and sgpc, congressi captain amrinder singh working hand in glove with the killers of sikhs in the indian establishment. The indian establishment working hand in glove with the british establishment elites.

All these groups are the elites all of them are in it for themselves they dont care about Sikhi or Sikhs as long as they can live their lives in comfort and luxary its all good. Most of indian Sikh political leaders are in all but name the brahmin pundit  priests of what hindu brahmin priests were during Guru Nanak Sahib's time.

So they have no interest in rocking the boat or changing the status quo they dont want to sacrifice these days when in actual fact Sikhi is all about sacrifice. The word sacrifice comes up so often in gurbani in SGGS Ji that its amazing that we have forgotten. Sikhi is sacrifice of ones everything  which was the key to domination and power and liberation from this life to the next in accordance to gurmat. in 1700s Sikhs had nothing to lose so they were killed freely by oppressive invaders and regimes so they too killed freely the soldiers and political agents of those regimes. 

If we look at todays world some do sacrifices by doing jail time punishing those who harm sikhs,  some sacrifice by giving up wealth to look after fellow Sikhs, some sacrifice their ego, some sacrifice their greed, some sacrifice their rage, some sacrifice their lust. Every Sikh needs to learn how to sacrifice not only will it make you a better Sikh spiritually but also allow us to become more dominant and confident in tackling issues on the real world.