Allah shows his mercy on Derby Gurudwara by attacking it today

On 5/26/2020 at 9:42 PM, Khaaik said:
On 5/26/2020 at 7:26 PM, genie said:

The key to be a good hindu and good muslim in guru ji's message was to be like a Sikh that is how they would be saved.

Yes I agree, for them to be a good person of faith acc. to Guruji is to live as per Gurmat. I also believe that for true bhagti, we need to let go of hatred for others. How can I expect to be good in eyes of Waheguru when I say a part of their Creation/Him is bad? That implies they're not perfect, doesn't it? Do I know better than Waheguru? I personally think we need to be wary of the Muslims and be proactive surely, while accepting them for who they are, ie, aggressive proselytisers. We need to maintain our distance, but the way many Sikhs view Muslims with disgust confuses me. If you touch a scorpion and it stings you, can you blame the scorpion? It's its nature to sting. In the same way it's a part of Waheguru's Hukam to have made a quam that is aggressive proselytisers. Can we ever comprehend Waheguru's doings? 

I might be wrong in your view because I dont know the reality of life in the West being an Indian Sikh. Here in India, I think Sikhs siding with Muslims is not an act of scking up, rather it's a grouping response to increasingly aggressive majority Hindus. They see Muslims (other minorities) as allies against an increasingly radical majority.

Basically what I'm saying is how can hatred and bhagti go hand in hand?

Apologies for pulling this back and bringing a spiritual angle to this political discussion, but I would appreciate a word from sikhsangat... Thanks

5 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Yet if you ask a Pakistani about what they got after partition, they always say a "moth-ridden" Pakistan.

Like they got the bum end of the deal.

They got the best fertile land, a good river system and they still made a right hash of it.

The muslims got their cake and ate it during partition. 1/3 of their population was in Pakistan, 1/3 in Bangladesh and they still left 1/3 in India.

The Hindus made a massive blunder letting them stay behind in such massive numbers.

12 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

A lot of Punjabi singers have this mentality as well. I don't give a damn about Heer Ranjha or Mirza, they're Pakistanis to me, yet these damn singers like Gurdas Khan, Hans Raj Hans, Harshdeep Kaur, Satinder Sartaj  Kanwar Grewal praise them.

We benefitted a lot from partition. Prior to partition the main language of Punjab was Urdu, the curly Urdu script was everywhere in Punjab. After partition Gurmukhi made a big comeback.

They gone on about the partition as it was a sad romantic story..when reality it was hell, esp for Sikhs we lost the most...only benefit we got was despite what these sanjha punjabis may think we'd never would have been able to live together in 'peace'. They need to look into reality not Bollywood love stories. As if we'd they'd be ok with Sikh girls marrying Muslim Man because 'Punjabi's comes first to them.

I know families where Singh Dastar fathers killed their own daughters because they couldn't bear the journey. Some couldn't live with the guilt and ended up killing themselves. Muslims gangs would come to villages and loot and 2nd rape the women. Many Sikh women were jumped into wells and ones who didn't want to convert Islam, their breasts were chopped off and gang raped, forced conversion.

There was a document were a Sikh grandfather was crying how'd the Muslims would come pick up the kirpan's and start killing them showing no mercy. Those times the Sikh families would be huge in 12+ members, mostly killed only couple would make out alive. 

The ones who cry about sanjha punjab as usually those sjw communists Islamist apologist Sikhs...yet you'd never see Pakistanis crying about Punjab or wanting a united Punjab where all 'faiths one lived together happily' lol

23 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

The muslims got their cake and ate it during partition. 1/3 of their population was in Pakistan, 1/3 in Bangladesh and they still left 1/3 in India.

The Hindus made a massive blunder letting them stay behind in such massive numbers.

5 hours ago, Khaaik said:

Apologies for pulling this back and bringing a spiritual angle to this political discussion, but I would appreciate a word from sikhsangat... Thanks

Guru Ji tells us no one is bad no one is good basically meaning everyone has goodness and badness inside them as per the human condition. Even those without faith can be good people better than religious people and religious people can be better than non-religious people. But also if someone follows extreme nationalism or some extreme religious doctrine that can take them into the realms of being bad because of their actions and behaviour based on what they are taught. So in the case of abrahamics if they are taught to "kill the un-believing kufr" so naturally they will respond to that teaching. If they are taught other things that take away from the violence they will behave differently.

2 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Muslims benefited the most out of partition the Sikhs lost the most, hindus though they lost part of india to muslims in the form of pakistan they however gained a majority population rule for the first time in 900years. The Sikhs only managed to get Sikh majority rule of punjab in 1960s after punjabi suba movement was started and ended in the splitting up of pepsu punjab region into 3 states (punjab, haryana and himachal pardesh).

The hindu's, the ones who had hindu nationalist mindset, weren't part of gandhi/nehru's congress party shambles of partition of india. Various hindu nationalists of the arya samaj , hindu mahasaba, VHP and RSS were out there killing muslims and forcing them to migrate to newly curved out pakistan. And we got to remember that it was a hindu militant of the VHP who ended up killing M.K gandhi in 1948 because the hindus were so enraged by the political games the congress had played. After the well off land and property owning hindus and sikhs were massacred and the remaining forced out of west punjab alot of these refugee's settled in delhi. When nehru went to visit them in refuge camps they stoned and rioted against him because it was him and his congress who had caused the disaster of partition.

The congress basically let a large potion of indian muslims stay in india for political vote bank reasons. They knew in a democracy you need numbers and if you can get a loyal community to vote for you then you will be guaranteed political power time to time. They could not compete against the hindu nationalists because the congress atheist communist secular type of people were not on the hindutva agenda they wanted a more irreligious society ruled by the elites of former princely kingdoms.

A large portion of indian muslims congress party loyalists also took part in the anti-sikh genocide of 1984 across india. If you look at the list of names of those the police caught many of them have muslim names.

33 minutes ago, genie said:

Guru Ji tells us no one is bad no one is good basically meaning everyone has goodness and badness inside them as per the human condition. Even those without faith can be good people better than religious people and religious people can be better than non-religious people. But also if someone follows extreme nationalism or some extreme religious doctrine that can take them into the realms of being bad because of their actions and behaviour based on what they are taught. So in the case of abrahamics if they are taught to "kill the un-believing kufr" so naturally they will respond to that teaching. If they are taught other things that take away from the violence they will behave differently.

Muslims benefited the most out of partition the Sikhs lost the most, hindus though they lost part of india to muslims in the form of pakistan they however gained a majority population rule for the first time in 900years. The Sikhs only managed to get Sikh majority rule of punjab in 1960s after punjabi suba movement was started and ended in the splitting up of pepsu punjab region into 3 states (punjab, haryana and himachal pardesh).

The hindu's, the ones who had hindu nationalist mindset, weren't part of gandhi/nehru's congress party shambles of partition of india. Various hindu nationalists of the arya samaj , hindu mahasaba, VHP and RSS were out there killing muslims and forcing them to migrate to newly curved out pakistan. And we got to remember that it was a hindu militant of the VHP who ended up killing M.K gandhi in 1948 because the hindus were so enraged by the political games the congress had played. After hindus and sikhs were forced out of west punjab alot of them settled in delhi, when nehru went to visit them they stoned and rioted against him because it was him and his congress who had caused the disaster of partition.

The congress basically let a large potion of indian muslims stay in india for political vote bank reasons. They knew in a democracy you need numbers and if you can get a loyal community to vote for you then you will be guaranteed political power time to time. They could not compete against the hindu nationalists because the congress atheist communist secular type of people were not on the hindutva agenda they wanted a more irreligious society ruled by the elites of former princely kingdoms.

A large portion of indian muslims congress party loyalists also took part in the anti-sikh genocide of 1984 across india. If you look at the list of names of those the police caught many of them have muslim names.

I still cant understand how majority Sikhs vote for Congress or even ones west, only ranting on about BJP modi but hardly mention of congress...They go on about Gujarat riots, and no mention of other riots/genocides yet i never hear muslims talking about 1984..I seen muslim congress members calling Sant Bhinderwale a terrorist ...the Indian left liberals are the biggest hypocrites...they hate Sikhs..no doubt both majority will join hands together against Sikhs..we have no friends but still cant understand why'd apne think that having Congress rule India is better then BJP.. terrible as it sounds i was relieved Modi won election, can you imagine if Rahual Gandhi in pm they friends with Kamal Nath and others! 

1 hour ago, Kau89r8 said:

I still cant understand how majority Sikhs vote for Congress or even ones west, only ranting on about BJP modi but hardly mention of congress...They go on about Gujarat riots, and no mention of other riots/genocides yet i never hear muslims talking about 1984..I seen muslim congress members calling Sant Bhinderwale a terrorist ...the Indian left liberals are the biggest hypocrites...they hate Sikhs..no doubt both majority will join hands together against Sikhs..we have no friends but still cant understand why'd apne think that having Congress rule India is better then BJP.. terrible as it sounds i was relieved Modi won election, can you imagine if Rahual Gandhi in pm they friends with Kamal Nath and others! 

The problem is the failure of the Simranjit Singh Mann and Dal Khalsa and other who go the term Panthic to provide the Sikh masses with a viable electoral alternative to both the Congress and Badals/BJP. Had the Panthic parties been united then it would have been they who would have played a role in if not a majority govt then at least a  coalition govt in Punjab from 1997 onwards. The lack of a Panthic alternative is what has sustained the yo-yo politics of Congress govt then Badals and then Congress govt again merry-go-round. When an alterative did present itself like in 2014 Lok Sabha and 2017 Vidhan Sabha elections in Punjab then the Panthic minded Sikhs moved massively in support of the AAP. The fact that the AAP in Punjab has degenerated into a headless zombie party composed of shoe lickers of Kejriwala. 

2 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

There's a lot of politics when it comes to politics lol   Doaba region is a congress strong hold, also dalits, hindus and muslims vote congress in Punjab. I think in Malwa and Majha most Sikhs traditionally vote Akalis. In Doaba some Jatts vote Congress and some Akalis, its quite a split. 

My family are from Nawanshahr and my dad told me how in the 70s Indira even came to Nawanshahr but she was in a helicopter in the sky and never landed lol  it was one of her rallys during the votes.  she was waving from the helicopter lol!  since the 70s Doaba has been a congress stronghold, many dalit kids have free education and work places local governments have reserved places for dalits, the congress did that and since then they've always won in the region 

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

There's a lot of politics when it comes to politics lol   Doaba region is a congress strong hold, also dalits, hindus and muslims vote congress in Punjab. I think in Malwa and Majha most Sikhs traditionally vote Akalis. In Doaba some Jatts vote Congress and some Akalis, its quite a split. 

My family are from Nawanshahr and my dad told me how in the 70s Indira even came to Nawanshahr but she was in a helicopter in the sky and never landed lol  it was one of her rallys during the votes.  she was waving from the helicopter lol!  since the 70s Doaba has been a congress stronghold, many dalit kids have free education and work places local governments have reserved places for dalits, the congress did that and since then they've always won in the region