Allah shows his mercy on Derby Gurudwara by attacking it today

1 hour ago, proactive said:

The problem is the failure of the Simranjit Singh Mann and Dal Khalsa and other who go the term Panthic to provide the Sikh masses with a viable electoral alternative to both the Congress and Badals/BJP. Had the Panthic parties been united then it would have been they who would have played a role in if not a majority govt then at least a  coalition govt in Punjab from 1997 onwards. The lack of a Panthic alternative is what has sustained the yo-yo politics of Congress govt then Badals and then Congress govt again merry-go-round. When an alterative did present itself like in 2014 Lok Sabha and 2017 Vidhan Sabha elections in Punjab then the Panthic minded Sikhs moved massively in support of the AAP. The fact that the AAP in Punjab has degenerated into a headless zombie party composed of shoe lickers of Kejriwala. 

I rather have AAP than badals or capitan aloo...Kejriwala has done good work in Dehli...we all know how politics play out.but they have done some good work....rather have app than congress or bjp..but i dont think they'd even win majority...

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

There's a lot of politics when it comes to politics lol   Doaba region is a congress strong hold, also dalits, hindus and muslims vote congress in Punjab. I think in Malwa and Majha most Sikhs traditionally vote Akalis. In Doaba some Jatts vote Congress and some Akalis, its quite a split. 

My family are from Nawanshahr and my dad told me how in the 70s Indira even came to Nawanshahr but she was in a helicopter in the sky and never landed lol  it was one of her rallys during the votes.  she was waving from the helicopter lol!  since the 70s Doaba has been a congress stronghold, many dalit kids have free education and work places local governments have reserved places for dalits, the congress did that and since then they've always won in the region 

My parents are also from the Nawanshahr area  near Banga. Which village are yours from?

They also told me the story about Indira coming in the helicopter when they were youngsters.

My Dad said she was shocked at how much less poverty there was in Punjab than in the rest of India and that she wanted to charge more tax or get more food from Punjab and give it to other states. 

It sometimes feels like we are a victim due to our own hard work.

43 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

My parents are also from the Nawanshahr area  near Banga. Which village are yours from?

They also told me the story about Indira coming in the helicopter when they were youngsters.

My Dad said she was shocked at how much less poverty there was in Punjab than in the rest of India and that she wanted to charge more tax or get more food from Punjab and give it to other states. 

It sometimes feels like we are a victim due to our own hard work.

My dads pind is right next to the actual shahr while my mums pind is like a 5 mind drive from banga lol  

You been to shaheed bhagat singhs house and museum?

My pua is married into a pind in banga, it's near gurdwara charan kanwal sahib  

my dad saw the helicopter aswell 

Doaba is a Congress area! 

33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

My dads pind is right next to the actual shahr while my mums pind is like a 5 mind drive from banga lol  

You been to shaheed bhagat singhs house and museum?

My pua is married into a pind in banga, it's near gurdwara charan kanwal sahib  

my dad saw the helicopter aswell 

Doaba is a Congress area! 

My mum's pind is the one right next to Banga, next to the Sikh National College (where my Dad studied), my Dad's pind is a 5-10 min drive from Banga.

Bhagat Singh's house, lol. I've been to India 5 times and visited the house 4 times. What about chande ji gurdwara?

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

My mum's pind is the one right next to Banga, next to the Sikh National College (where my Dad studied), my Dad's pind is a 5-10 min drive from Banga.

Bhagat Singh's house, lol. I've been to India 5 times and visited the house 4 times. What about chande ji gurdwara?

ooh ok   my puas pind is jindowal  iv been banga a few times but family mostly go shopping nawanshahr.

iv been punjab 9 times, yh iv been bhagat singhs house couple of times as well lol  there really isn't much else to do around there lol

i havnt been punjab in 2 years  but i think they were planning to make the museum bigger. i think there building a fly over at banga as well?

no i havent been chand ji gurdwara, Iv been gurdwara manji sahib though theres a little shop nxt door and they sell sarbloh stuff 

iv been a few hindu places like surj khund, raja sahib da mazara etc    but thats about it   

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

ooh ok   my puas pind is jindowal  iv been banga a few times but family mostly go shopping nawanshahr.

iv been punjab 9 times, yh iv been bhagat singhs house couple of times as well lol  there really isn't much else to do around there lol

i havnt been punjab in 2 years  but i think they were planning to make the museum bigger. i think there building a fly over at banga as well?

no i havent been chand ji gurdwara, Iv been gurdwara manji sahib though theres a little shop nxt door and they sell sarbloh stuff 

iv been a few hindu places like surj khund, raja sahib da mazara etc    but thats about it   

Yes my mum's pind is also Jindowal. Guru Hargobind stayed there for quite a while, hence the nice Gurdwara there.

You're right there's not much to do in that area apart from the Bhagat Singh museum. They have made that area look nice with the fountains.

As for it being a Congress area I'm not surprised there are lots of people there who are half way between being Sikhs and Hindus, I'm guessing that they are RaviDas followers. I feel that orthodox Sikh practices are more prevalent outside of Punjab/India. 

Punjab's political leadership is low-iq. I don't like throwing around labels such as these, as if I'm some leading light or anything like that, but they are crusty old men who are nothing more than puppets of the Indian government (Congress or BJP, it doesn't matter), who've been promised their provincial seats of power in exchange for unquestioning obedience to the ruling power in Delhi. For that guaranteed support the likes of Badal and his fake opponents, are prepared to betray their people and their state in order to claw onto their political power. They are nothing more than parasites and traitors.  But the people bear a huge responsibility for this problem. The people are all over the shop. When one looks at that society, one can't help but be reminded of the saying, "The people receive the leadership they deserve."

7 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Yes my mum's pind is also Jindowal. Guru Hargobind stayed there for quite a while, hence the nice Gurdwara there.

You're right there's not much to do in that area apart from the Bhagat Singh museum. They have made that area look nice with the fountains.

As for it being a Congress area I'm not surprised there are lots of people there who are half way between being Sikhs and Hindus, I'm guessing that they are RaviDas followers. I feel that orthodox Sikh practices are more prevalent outside of Punjab/India. 

Its a nice gurdwara isn't it, my puas daughter got married there. We don't have much Sikh ithiaas in that region but that Gurdwara one of the few. Its a blessed place because Guru Hargobind sahib jee along with young Guru Har rai ji and Guru Tegh Bahadur and baba Gurditta ji visited it with Guru Hargobind Sahib.

it is quite a plain bland area lol 

Yh the area is mainly Chamar and they are half Sikh/Hindu and they vote congress, their basically the dominant group so their vote counts the most. My mums pind is massive and it is around 80% Chamar and they all are congress. Every year before the votes congress gives the pind a grant and they repair the roads/lanes on their side of the pind only,  its because their vote counts because they are the majority. Thats how politics works there ... 

There really are not that many Singhs that you see around that area. 

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Its a nice gurdwara isn't it, my puas daughter got married there. We don't have much Sikh ithiaas in that region but that Gurdwara one of the few. Its a blessed place because Guru Hargobind sahib jee along with young Guru Har rai ji and Guru Tegh Bahadur and baba Gurditta ji visited it with Guru Hargobind Sahib.

it is quite a plain bland area lol 

Yh the area is mainly Chamar and they are half Sikh/Hindu and they vote congress, their basically the dominant group so their vote counts the most. My mums pind is massive and it is around 80% Chamar and they all are congress. Every year before the votes congress gives the pind a grant and they repair the roads/lanes on their side of the pind only,  its because their vote counts because they are the majority. Thats how politics works there ... 

There really are not that many Singhs that you see around that area. 

My Dad was a victim of caste based politics unfortunately. We're from a Ramgarhia background, he managed to get more marks than his chamaar friend in school but didn't get into Engineering due to 'positive discrimination' but his friend got in.

Every flaana Sikh youth you speak to in that area just wants a go'orment job and complains about the chamaars getting them. Due to this, they all just want to go to Canada, Australia and New Zealand. A lot of their points are valid but these government jobs are a joke, the workers literally just clock in and do nothing. We need more aspirations.

I guess you could say the majority of Punjab is bland, good place to live but not visit. Amritsar and Anandpur Sahib are the two best places to visit by far and that is 100% due to Sikh history. Without Sikhism Punjab would be another bland state like Haryana and Madhya Pradesh.