Allah shows his mercy on Derby Gurudwara by attacking it today

2 hours ago, singhdalbir said:

the Interesting thing is that we rarely hear of any hindu temple being attacked by islamist. why would that guy in UK attack a Gurdwara and not a hindu temple. I am sure there a many hindu Temples in UK. In Kashmir the hindu temples might be closed but UK???

Seems fishy, but then one remembers that these are retarded inbreds, so there's going to be a lack of logic and cohesion in their actions. Anything close by that isn't Islamic and seems remotely connected to India is going to be a target in the minds of these sub-humans.

11 hours ago, proactive said:

True, this is how conspiracy theories start. Why would a Muslim want to attack a Gurdwara when Sikhs have been helping Kashmiris against India? This leaves either that he was insane or because of his religious teachings he acted on them knowing that if he managed to get away with it then Sikhs would doubt that it was a Muslim who did it because that would be so counterproductive to the Kashmiri cause. This allows Muslims to attack Sikhs and Gurdwaras with impunity as they know doubts can be cast as to whether they really did the attack. 

Never trust the media. History has shown Sikhs cannot trust Muslims, but who knows what is really going on here ?

11 hours ago, proactive said:

True, this is how conspiracy theories start. Why would a Muslim want to attack a Gurdwara when Sikhs have been helping Kashmiris against India? This leaves either that he was insane or because of his religious teachings he acted on them knowing that if he managed to get away with it then Sikhs would doubt that it was a Muslim who did it because that would be so counterproductive to the Kashmiri cause. This allows Muslims to attack Sikhs and Gurdwaras with impunity as they know doubts can be cast as to whether they really did the attack. 

Well...if they are killed or apprehended in the act the doubts will evaporate...

On 5/26/2020 at 6:41 AM, Khaaik said:

I don't think small acts of kindness like letting them pray at a Gurdwara or sharing food with them can be a threat to dharam (righteousness).

Sharing food as in letting someone eat langar (which has been kirpan bhet) in langar maryada? That is different from setting up separate iftar for them, in the style that they are used to (which is put all the food out, and they take what they want to eat with their own hands).

The food in the Gurdwara is kirpan bhet to Guru Sahib. If a Muslim doesn't want to eat it for that reason, he doesn't have to. He's free to buy food from the grocer. I would absolutely oppose any move to provide food not kirpan bhet to "accomodate" Muslims.

Someone who needed shelter for a night, and we gave it to them at the Gurdwara, is free to pray in his room towards Mecca if he wants to. This is different from allowing the Gurdwara to be turned into a mosque.

I reject the idea that we can be seen as "kind" only if we let them take over the Gurdwara.

However, if Sikhs view them ALL with eyes of contempt, is it not against the teachings of Maharaj?

Not indulging in the new trend of doing iftar at Gurdwaras is not "viewing them with contempt." That's like saying if you don't invite your neighbor for dinner and give them Christmas gifts, you're "viewing them with contempt."

Since the political situations vary country to country, is it not the right approach that the Sikh community can have conflicting standpoints depending upon which country the sangat is from?

Agreed. But politics is different from Sikh maryada of the Gurdwara. Politics is stuff like what should the income tax rate be or if there should more money spent on roads or on the pensions for government workers? That will vary from country to country.

That is different from holding iftars in Gurdwaras.

Please be kind as I'm new and only trying to learn through dialogue.

No problem, your views are welcome.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:56 AM, genie said:

One should ask these mental sikh slaves of islam why are they not cleaning mandirs and offering their gurdwara's to have hindu idols to be worshipped if they are allowing muslims for namaaz and ifar parties.

The funny thing is, if it's OK to hold namaaz and iftar in Gurdwaras, what was the point of removing the idols from the parikarma of Darbar Sahib during the Singh Sabha movement?

On 5/26/2020 at 9:12 AM, Khaaik said:

If you touch a scorpion and it stings you, can you blame the scorpion? It's its nature to sting.

Yes, the scorpion will sting. But the point is, don't touch the scorpion. Like in the other thread, don't be either a close friend of the Muslims, nor do you need to pick fights with them.

There are 7 billion people in the world. I'm pretty sure you're not friends with all of them. That doesn't mean you hate them.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, puzzled said:

despite meditation/simran,naam being the central core belief of sikhi,  sikhs are promoting sikhi with langar and tying paghs.  

someone looking for spirituality would they go to bhuddists who offer meditation and spiritual guidance, or would they go to sikhs who offer them a tray with lentil soup in it?   

Great thought. By tying turbans on random people walking past, these "Sikh Societies" are implanting the notion in people's heads that Sikhism is merely about turbans and karas and such.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:40 PM, Jonny101 said:

It is Dasam Bani which can turn weak Sikhs into the fearless warriors of the 1700s. Look at the Shastars of puratan Sikhs they even had verses of Dasam bani written on their Kirpans, Chakras etc.

Reading Brahmkavach, Chandi Charitar 1 and 2, Chandi di vaar is a must for Sikhs today.

Which is exactly why Dasam Bani (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Sahib ji Maharaj) is being denigrated by "them".

On 5/26/2020 at 1:50 PM, puzzled said:

which is easier to read?!  which one shall i read 1st?  i can read gurmuki but when i try reading a new bani im usually a bit slow. 

Chandi Vaar in Punjabi should be quite easy. Because you already know the first stanza (Pritham Bhaguati simar ke) and you know the beat.

But also grab an audio of it from Youtube or someplace else, and play it on slow speed and sing along.