27 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yeah, some of our indigenous culture has turned into some unrecognisable, out of control, embarrassing beast in the diaspora. The ostentation our lot frequently display is cringeworthy.......garish, superfluous - the very opposite of restrained. 

We need to get serious in an increasingly unpredictable world too. I mean look at these brothers currently in the US:

Rooftop Sikhs supporting Black Lives Matter while protecting their business

wcva5xhald251.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a  

Black Lives won't matter a lot when they are getting looted.

Those rifles aren't shotguns, they look semi-automatic to me.

In parts of the US, with more Asian (East Asian as well as South Asian), Hispanic and other minorities will start to resent Black Lives Matter.

They will be asking questions and they won't fall for the 400 years of slavery/oppression line that is spouted on.

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

Does bhangra make you drive faster, or driving fast just makes turn the volume up higher  it's one or the other lol

That's another cringe-inspiring manifestation. 

The oafish young brother in his father's big ride, with a big Khanda hanging from his mirror, blaring monotonous bhangra down the road. I think people are getting clued up about how dumb this looks in eastside though.  

3 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Black Lives won't matter a lot when they are getting looted.

Those rifles aren't shotguns, they look semi-automatic to me.

In parts of the US, with more Asian (East Asian as well as South Asian), Hispanic and other minorities will start to resent Black Lives Matter.

They will be asking questions and they won't fall for the 400 years of slavery/oppression line that is spouted on.

Yeah, look like semi-autos. What has the brother on the left got wrapped around his nozzle though? 

Look, people have been ducking the race issue for way too long. It is going to come to a head globally, sooner or later. And African-Americans have always been at the forefront of this.   

27 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I use to think the obnoxious materialism was perhaps an exclusively Punjabi trait, but having dug a little deeper in recent months, I've realised it's very much an Indian trait regardless of regional geography. It just manifests in different forms according to the common cultural traits of the group in question. Unfortunately for us, it's all-too in your face, and difficult to avoid.

Yeah, and let's face it - it makes us look like dumb, charactertures of humans........... 

1 minute ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Banned? You want it to be some kind of Saudi Arabian state?

I think the religious clergy might ban it lol    you normally see old men on sikh channels complaining and moaning about bhangra.  They've had their fun and now their moaning about it!!!

Why didn't Sikhi take off much in urban areas?

There are threads here on how to bring more people to Sikhi but even in Punjab we are heavily outnumbered in big cities like Ludhiana and Jalandhar. The vast majority of our population are villagers.

No wonder we do these village songs and dances.

The one that really does my head in is illiterates calling a Gurudwara, a Gaudhwara.