• 4 months later...
On 3/1/2022 at 5:20 PM, proudkaur21 said:

Lolll I have no experience living in rural punjab but every time I used to go to gurudwaras in rural areas I always saw more sikhs so I always assumed they were more religious. Honestly one thing we need to accept is that sikhs are way more materialistic than muslims.

How old are you? Can you please learn to write properly?

I applaud your passion, but if you care about advancing the Sikh community, it is important to develop competence in basic things. 

On 3/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Everyone, be they poor or rich, function according to their moral and ethical baseline. Most people don't overhaul their mentality just because they begin to identify with a religious identity.

I could tell you things I've witnessed in run-down Sikh pinds that would rob you of sleep for a few nights. Do you know that cousin-f**king is almost a rite of passage amongst Punjabi Sikhs back home at this time, and it's usually instigated by the female cousin? It's often the first sexual experience both parties have, and it happens because it doesn't raise suspicions compared to a relationship with a non-relation outsider?

I had never heard of the cousin thing. That is shocking and disgusting. I had heard about Punjabis sleeping around behind closed doors, but never about incest. I imagine it is because my relations who know about it find it so appalling and shameful that they don’t even want to mention it.

It’s sad because I used to think that, despite our moral erosion, we would never stoop to certain levels (for example, cousin relationships that are apparently routine for Muslims).

On 6/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Akalifauj said:

You live in fear. Taksal of the 70s and 80s taught punjabis how to have self respect. Criminals after seeing the virtues of Sikhi because of Taksal dropped their evil ways and joined Taksal to make the punjabi heartland a better place. Respected army generals like General shabeg Singh joined the Taksal of the 70s and 80s to bring back integrity to the punjabis. When I say punjabis in this context it doesn't just include Sikhs. It also includes Hindus and muslims of punjab. Sikhs were literally given the key to Gurbani by Taksal. They were educating the villagers on how to read and interpret Gurbani. The Taksal understood Gurbani is the power that uplifted the likes of Bhagat kabir ji and Baba Deep Singh to the heights they travelled in the past. They without any doubt showed this again in the events to come in 1984. Some like to live in so much oppression that they grow accustom to it. Taksal woke up many punjabis and they started to have a voice. Taksal gave them the backbone they needed. Today, when a mona feels oppressed in the western countries they get their inspiration from the actions of Sant Jarnail Singh ji. They proud themselves of belonging to a religion that stood up to oppression. Taksal was also teaching the history of the Sikhs that is full of valor and leads to liberation of the soul. If 1984 was truly about making a homeland for the Sikhs, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji would have carved it out before leaving his human body. So why did Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji fight wars. A simpleton would say to rule over the world. Guru Sahib fought because there was no other option as the local rulers were oppressing the local people of india with the sword. Had the local rulers of that time sat down with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji to discuss equal rights there would have been no wars. And this is also true for Taksal. Countless times Taksal said they are ready to have a discussion with the ruling government the Congress. People of punjab had demands and they wanted to see punjab prosper. The indian government wanted to steal the natural resources from punjab and give it to others. Even the last stand where the Singhs sat in Sri Amritsar Sahib complex the Sikhs did not fire the first round at the indian government. The indian government army fired first.

Today punjabis are sitting in their nice homes in the west. They have good paying jobs or businesses and basic rights to move freely and live their lives provided by the state governmentfor the current time. So at this current time they don't need Sikhi or a group like taksal. The state's constitution is their life line. Unless they live in india, which no better than it was in 1970s or 80s.

The punjabis that come to Sikhi now are coming because they see even though we live freely in the western world, we still are not free. The fear of death hangs over their heads. Or it could be some other reason. Also these punjabis see how the lohri parties and wedding reception have destroyed their families. So they choose not to attend such functions. Lohri celebration/party may look innocent but try to have one without alcohol and bhangra music. Majority of the guest will not show up and this includes immediate family members in some cases. When speaking about punjabi culture it's about saying what majority of this group is doing. A single family can't represent a large group of people. There could be the very small minority of families having a lohri celebration without alcohol and bhangra music, which is good but cant speak for punjabi culture.

The sad truth about Shabeg Singh is that he was not motivated by Sikhi. He was an old man with health problems and nothing to lose, and he had a personal axe to grind with the Indian military. I’m sure his grievances were legitimate, but that is still a far distance away from how his motivations are typically portrayed.

Anyway, he was happy to go down fighting with other people’s sons. But none of his four sons were involved. They are nonreligious monay who live comfortably to this day posting photos of their father’s exploits in the Indian army online (but never a peep about Operation Blue Star).