Akal Takht Jathedar says every Sikh wants Khalistan

proactive

Interesting view expressed by the Akal Takht Jathedar. I remember when Jasbir Singh Rode was acknowledged as Akal Takht Jathedar in 1988 his only response to the media's question about whether he was for Khalistan was to muddy the waters and say that he was for Pooran Azaadi as if Pooran Azadi was different from Khalistan. This was at a time when the Kharkoos virtually ruled Punjab and the Punjab police was cooped up behind barbed wire and in bunkers. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/every-sikh-wants-khalistan-will-accept-it-if-government-offers-akal-takht-jathedar/story-GIo3eft11db6YW2K4D4fII.html

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It depends on the definition of Sikh he's using. I've come across many, many people from Sikh families who despise the Sikh separatist movement. Our leaders should be aware of these issues, and not feign ignorance. 

I doubt more than 10-20% Sikhs really  want Khalistan

https://www.sikh24.com/2020/06/06/uttra-pradesh-saw-40-times-more-violence-related-deaths-in-early-1980s-compared-to-punjab/#.Xtt1A0VKjIU

Uttra Pradesh Saw 40 Times More Violence Related Deaths in Early 1980s Compared to Punjab

By Sikh24 Editors -

June 6, 2020

CHANDIGARH, Punjab—Some documents have surfaced over social media about the statistics of deaths occurred in Punjab from March-1981 to June-1984 due to violence and the volume of cognizable crimes occurred in all states of India during 1983. The first document was published by the Indian government in ‘White Paper on The Punjab Agitation’.  

100057619_855982128145789_80189586761423

Interestingly, this statistic reveals that only 458 deaths occurred in Punjab from March-1981 to June-1984 as compared to the 17470 deaths due to violence in Uttar Pradesh. 

It means that the deaths occurred in Punjab due to violence were only 2.62% of the total deaths occurred in Uttar Pradesh during this period. 

Out of the total 458 deaths occurred in Punjab due to violence, only 132 Hindus were Hindus while the others were either Sikhs or Nirankari. 

It is contrary to the then Indian government’s claim which started preparations for attacking the holiest Sikh shrine Sri Harmandir Sahib in 1981 while citing a large number of deaths due to violence in Punjab, especially Hindus. 

Another document reveals that the Punjab state was standing second last in terms of the volume of cognizable offenses that occurred in 1983. 

1234-600x328.jpg

In 1983, there were only 79.2 cognizable crimes per lakh in Punjab while the Madhya Pradesh was standing first in this concern with 303 cognizable crimes per lakh. 

These documents make it clear that the Sikhs were specifically targeted by the Indian government without any solid reason. The state of Punjab was presented as a violence dominated state under a highly deliberated policy so that the Sikhs could be oppressed by demolishing their holiest Sikh shrine. 

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

We NEED a Sikh country for our long-term survival.

Do you reckon? Not that I'm against it 

How do we know that your average sikhs from the pind would be in a better situation in Khalistan than they are now? 

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

How do we know that your average sikhs from the pind would be in a better situation in Khalistan than they are now? 

I think it is more to have your own sovereignty and have control over your own affairs. 

Our people need some political entity to fall back on.

What I have learnt is that it is no point having economic power if you cannot have political power to go with it.

Just now, puzzled said:

I'm looking at it from a cultural and religious identity point of view. Equally, I don't think we should be under any misapprehensions that having our own land will automatically solve all our problems. The people will have a huge role to play in increasing prosperity. Loafing around on motorbikes with no purpose, or holing yourself up doing nothing but paath all day isn't going to elevate the nation.

What about remaining in india but having our own sikh government governing the area of pubjab with no interference from the central government? I thinks theres a name for this kind of country? 

What's Rome? Isnt Rome like it's own city/state within italy? 

Wouldn't something like that be better? 

Dont think india will allow that because there are so many other communities/ethnicities that will want the same. 

28 minutes ago, puzzled said:

What about remaining in india but having our own sikh government governing the area of pubjab with no interference from the central government? I thinks theres a name for this kind of country? 

What's Rome? Isnt Rome like it's own city/state within italy? 

Wouldn't something like that be better? 

Hong Kong was something like that until recently....

I guess Kashmir too, but there's way too many terrorists there