Pakistani women gets mad Cop speaking Punjabi

Kau89r8

26 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Why do so many apne care about the status of Punjabi language in Pakistan? Who cares what happens over there? We should be grateful that we got a clean break from these suls in 1947.

Also, Sikhism shouldn't be so heavily linked to Punjabi language. Is Buddhism heavily linked to Pali? A lot of the Guru Granth Sahib is in Braj Bhasha which is a Hindi dialect.

Punjabi does not mean Sikh.

It is the language our Gurus spoke in and in that sense it holds a special sentimental value over all other languages for the Sikhs. Gurbani is not pure braj. It is a mixture of Braj, Punjabi among other indic languages.

A proud nation strives to preserve it's language as a cultural anchor. Just as Jews all over the world revived a dead language like Hebrew we should strive to preserve and promote the language of the Gurus. Whenever Khalistan will become a reality and later Khalsa Raj, no doubt Punjabi language will be the lingua franca of this Raj.

Punjabi Hindus and Muslims are suffering from an inferiority complex. That is why they speak Hindi and Urdu with their children instead of their mother tongue which they are ashamed to speak like the woman in the above video.

16 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Punjabi Hindus and Muslims are suffering from an inferiority complex. That is why they speak Hindi and Urdu with their children instead of their mother tongue which they are ashamed to speak like the woman in the above video.

Because its language spoken by majority Sikhs..and they both hate us...........

23 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

It is the language our Gurus spoke in and in that sense it holds a special sentimental value over all other languages for the Sikhs. Gurbani is not pure braj. It is a mixture of Braj, Punjabi among other indic languages.

A proud nation strives to preserve it's language as a cultural anchor. Just as Jews all over the world revived a dead language like Hebrew we should strive to preserve and promote the language of the Gurus. Whenever Khalistan will become a reality and later Khalsa Raj, no doubt Punjabi language will be the lingua franca of this Raj.

If they want to speak Urdu and Hindi then why should we care. The Punjabi Hindus have ruined their reputation so much that people do not even know they exist. Most people outside of Punjab think that Punjab is a 100% Sikh state lol.

2 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Because its language spoken by majority Sikhs..and they both hate us...........

It started even before that. During the late 1900s in UP/Bihar the Urdu language dominated. Islamic culture was the dominant culture even though Islamic rule was finished. They called it Ganga Jamuni Tehzeeb. 

Hindu intellectuals wanted to reverse this by creating a new language from hindustani/Khari Boli which would borrow Sanskrit loan words and called it Hindi.  In Punjab the Punjabi Hindus who came under the sway of Arya Samaj began to heavily promote Hindi over Urdu which the British had imposed on Punjab. The Sikhs identified with neither of these Bhaya poorbia languages. We didn't suffer from an identity crises like the Hindus and Muslims. Our intellectuals promoted Punjabi in the Gurmukhi script. The Muslims did not make an issue over this but the Punjabi Hindus opposed the Sikhs tooth and nail over the Punjabi language. They attacked the Sikhs and Punjabi language to no end. 

Trying to destroy or replace a language of a people is cultural genocide. That's why all Sikh nationalists should promote and preserve Punjabi because if we don't then we will undergo a cultural genocide. Bhai Vir Singh ji did a massive seva of the Punjabi language by writing so much high quality literature rivaling Urdu and Hindi in sophistication. 

10 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

If they want to speak Urdu and Hindi then why should we care. The Punjabi Hindus have ruined their reputation so much that people do not even know they exist. Most people outside of Punjab think that Punjab is a 100% Sikh state lol.

You are right and our liberal left wing SJWs now try and give the Shahmukhi script equal status with Gurmukhi which it should not have and does not deserve. Punjabi should be written in Gurmukhi as that is the script that was adapted from the prevalent scripts of Punjab. Shahmukh's only claim to be a script of Punjabi is based on the fact that it was used by the Sufis to write their religious literature, otherwise there is no other literature created by Punjabi Muslims using this script until the 1980s. The Shahmukhi script was a Perso-Arabic script and unlike Gurmukhi had never been formalised and in the Sufi writings it uses some characters which are of Arabic script as equivalent characters for Sukhmukhi had not been developed via Urdu (Nastaliq) script. Historically pre-partition if a Muslim or Hindu wanted to study Punjabi then he did so in Gurmukhi script and he learned the Gurmukhi paintee and not the Devanagri or Shahmukhi characters. 

Shahmukhi is less developed that Gurmukhi and it is so neglected in the state where it is meant to the script for the Punjabi language that it was Punjabi university in Patiala that developed the first Shahmukhi spellchecker. Can we be surprised then that a woman who lives in a state where Punjabi supposedly is the language of the majority of people yet takes offence at someone speaking to her in that language? 

I’ve noticed generally it seems to be women who are quicker to ‘modernise’ with languages - I think men are less likely to lose their language than women. I mean with parents, it will be the Mum more likely to speak the non native language with kids rather than the Dad

12 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

I’ve asked this before - did the Gurus all really speak mainly Punjabi, or did it depend where they were? 

why is Panth Prakash written in braj?

Did our Gurus speak a ‘Posh’ Punjabi that sounds something more like Hindi/Urdu than pure Punjabi? 

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

I’ve noticed generally it seems to be women who are quicker to ‘modernise’ with languages - I think men are less likely to lose their language than women. I mean with parents, it will be the Mum more likely to speak the non native language with kids rather than the Dad

I’ve asked this before - did the Gurus all really speak mainly Punjabi, or did it depend where they were? 

why is Panth Prakash written in braj?

Did our Gurus speak a ‘Posh’ Punjabi that sounds something more like Hindi/Urdu than pure Punjabi? 

It's definitely the case.

From what I've seen Pakistani men do speak Punjabi amongst each other but the women prefer Urdu, it's somewhat similar with Hindu Punjabis.

You should see the kind of names new parents are giving their kids these days, lots are choosing western/Carribean names and I'm sure it's being driven by the women.

22 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Across most cultures and races, women have a sense of anticipating and adapting to social trends and changes way before anyone else regardless of the actual merit of those trends. There's an evolutionary self-preservation aspect to this, in terms of when civilisation was in its literal tribal phase, women would be at the mercy of invading enemies, and if the women desired to continue living, they would voluntarily accept the strong invaders at the expense of their own who they realised could no longer protect them. It's partly why Islam was so successful in its infancy when it was spread by the sword. Women cannot physically oppose brute power, and the fascinating thing is they seem to instinctively know when they are in the presence of such a force. Their subsequent actions are a telling indication of what they feel is on the cards for their collective fate.

I'm no psychologist, but the woman in the video is almost signalling her loyalty to the culture and norms of the physically superior group that she identifies with, and therefore wishes to see further elevated. She realises Punjabi is a dying language belonging, perhaps, to her ancestors, that contains zero relevance to her, and its continued use is an affront to the group to which she belongs. It's very interesting behaviour. I wish I was a little scientifically minded to pinpoint exactly what's going on here, but I tried my best.

I have seen this type of Pakistani Muslim woman.

They are quite stuck up and think they are quite superior to the rest of holloi polloi. 

She may be a proud Urdu speaker and it would be beneath her to speak Punjabi but I can guarantee behind closed doors she listens to a lot of Punjabi music and even dance to it.

20 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have seen this type of Pakistani Muslim woman.

They are quite stuck up and think they are quite superior to the rest of holloi polloi. 

She may be a proud Urdu speaker and it would be beneath her to speak Punjabi but I can guarantee behind closed doors she listens to a lot of Punjabi music and even dance to it.

It's very much a public display to gain brownie points among her own.

And you know how this type of behaviour comes into the open to the point that women are emboldened in this manner? Prior incremental moments where the "weaker" side is publicly seen to be in subordination. That's why I'm constantly referring to that picture of the Singh holding the umbrella over the praying Muslim as a key cultural moment that signalled a shift. It may seem inconsequential, but that image says so many things on a figurative as well as a literal level. It was terrible optics for Sikhs. We constantly shoot ourselves in the foot.