Pakistani women gets mad Cop speaking Punjabi

Kau89r8

20 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's very much a public display to gain brownie points among her own.

And you know how this type of behaviour comes into the open to the point that women are emboldened in this manner? Prior incremental moments where the "weaker" side is publicly seen to be in subordination. That's why I'm constantly referring to that picture of the Singh holding the umbrella over the praying Muslim as a key cultural moment that signalled a shift. It may seem inconsequential, but that image says so many things on a figurative as well as a literal level. It was terrible optics for Sikhs. We constantly shoot ourselves in the foot.

We have a habit of conflating self-deprecation with humility. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have seen this type of Pakistani Muslim woman.

They are quite stuck up and think they are quite superior to the rest of holloi polloi. 

She may be a proud Urdu speaker and it would be beneath her to speak Punjabi but I can guarantee behind closed doors she listens to a lot of Punjabi music and even dance to it.

They all listen to Punjabi music, muslims, hindus... cant help themselves, esp the UK pakis you should see them they cant admit it ...they go on about how Pakis should speak Urdu only take sly digs at Punjabi (because spoken by Sikhs)  yet they'd listening to Sidhu moose-wale on repeat lool.....weddings party's they all got Punjabi music ...

Jealousy from them ..because Sikhs maintained Punjabi culture music,,,whilst they destroyer both Hindus and Pakis.. When you talk about Maharaja Ranjit Singh, you'd have a group of pakis commenting he raped muslim women..he committed genocide Kashmir lool They still hurt!....i wish during that era, Maharaja Ranjit Singh divided Punjab there for Muslims Hindus.and Sikhs..

Sikhs should claim Punjabi culture language...we are true heirs...they should stick to hindu and urdu 

5 hours ago, proactive said:

You are right and our liberal left wing SJWs now try and give the Shahmukhi script equal status with Gurmukhi which it should not have and does not deserve. Punjabi should be written in Gurmukhi as that is the script that was adapted from the prevalent scripts of Punjab. Shahmukh's only claim to be a script of Punjabi is based on the fact that it was used by the Sufis to write their religious literature, otherwise there is no other literature created by Punjabi Muslims using this script until the 1980s. The Shahmukhi script was a Perso-Arabic script and unlike Gurmukhi had never been formalised and in the Sufi writings it uses some characters which are of Arabic script as equivalent characters for Sukhmukhi had not been developed via Urdu (Nastaliq) script. Historically pre-partition if a Muslim or Hindu wanted to study Punjabi then he did so in Gurmukhi script and he learned the Gurmukhi paintee and not the Devanagri or Shahmukhi characters. 

Shahmukhi is less developed that Gurmukhi and it is so neglected in the state where it is meant to the script for the Punjabi language that it was Punjabi university in Patiala that developed the first Shahmukhi spellchecker. Can we be surprised then that a woman who lives in a state where Punjabi supposedly is the language of the majority of people yet takes offence at someone speaking to her in that language? 

I've noticed this too. How our people have been trying to promote ShahMukhi to the level of Gurmukhi. And this effort is coming exclusively from Sikhs rather than Punjabi Muslims who simply don't care about the Punjabi language. Its a lost cause. We are trying to beat a dead horse. There is no benefit to the cause of Punjabi language in this effort.

Punjabi Muslims want to be anything other than Punjabi. That's why they try to act Arab, Persian and currently have become blood brothers of the Turks.

20 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Why do so many apne care about the status of Punjabi language in Pakistan? Who cares what happens over there? We should be grateful that we got a clean break from these suls in 1947.

Also, Sikhism shouldn't be so heavily linked to Punjabi language. Is Buddhism heavily linked to Pali? A lot of the Guru Granth Sahib is in Braj Bhasha which is a Hindi dialect.

Punjabi does not mean Sikh.

Punjabi and its survival is important to us. A considerable amount of Gurbani of Guru Nanak dev ji and Bhagat Farid ji is in old punjabi, a lot of whose words were only last spoken of in our grandfather's generation. We need to preserve ALL languages whose words are in SGGS 

OR ATLEAST we should prepare a bigger version of mahankosh , not just a dictionary but a listing of etymologies of all the word in SGGS.

How can we be sure10 generations down the line Punjabi will be same as today ? But baani won't change.

So we might end up in a situation that is today of the vedas, they're in a language which is pretty much dead and has thus become undecipherable . 

8 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I’ve asked this before - did the Gurus all really speak mainly Punjabi, or did it depend where they were? 

I don't think the gurus spoke the kind of punjabi we speak today. The language we found written in some historical manuscripts related to conversations between sikhs of that time seem to indicate it was more like modern day haryanvi mixed with punjabi mixed with hindi . It sounds weird . If you read sau sakhi or the historic letter of bhai mani singh to mata sundri , u will know what I am trying to say