This is England 1983

puzzled

I watched this movie years ago, its set in the UK in 1983 and is about the skinheads and racists. It had some really horrible shocking scenes!  Theres one scene where whites go into a shop owned by a Punjabi man, Sandhu.   Its quite shocking stuff, iv had older Asians tell me about stuff like this and how racist whites were back in the days. 

WARNING lots of swearing and some nudity in the video 

On 6/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, puzzled said:

I watched this movie years ago, its set in the UK in 1983 and is about the skinheads and racists. It had some really horrible shocking scenes!  Theres one scene where whites go into a shop owned by a Punjabi man, Sandhu.   Its quite shocking stuff, iv had older Asians tell me about stuff like this and how racist whites were back in the days. 

WARNING lots of swearing and some nudity in the video 

I’ve seen it. I think he’s meant to be Pakistani Sandhu but maybe they chose Sandhu deliberately to be ambiguous

if racism really was this bad in 80’s then that was a very difficult time 

3 hours ago, Premi5 said:

i think it was!  The guy who owned the shop where i used to get my haircut was a british born punjabi, he looked like he was in his late 40s. He was from birmingham area and he told me if you were an asian boy then you had to go out in groups for protection otherwise the goreh boys used to stab you!  he said asian guys started carrying knives with them as well then.  He said you guys are really lucky today.

I think my Mama who came here in the 70s faced a lot of racism, though he doesn't talk about it. He does weird things like if we are in a car and waiting at the traffic lights he doesn't like it when we look around and says stop looking out of the window, apparently at traffic lights goreh used to start hurling racial abuse at asians in the cars next to theirs  im sure thats just a small part of the racism he faced but he says weird things like that.

Its sad really, black youth are aware of the racism their elders faced in this country, while most of us asians arent even aware of the racism our elders faced in this country back in the days. Black history in this country is well documented, but we have failed to document ours and hear the stories of the previous generations.

On BBC iplayer theres tons of videos on Black people history in the UK and how they struggled in this country etc  

5 hours ago, Premi5 said:

It was.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Its sad really, black youth are aware of the racism their elders faced in this country, while most of us asians arent even aware of the racism our elders faced in this country back in the days. Black history in this country is well documented, but we have failed to document ours and hear the stories of the previous generations.

On BBC iplayer theres tons of videos on Black people history in the UK and how they struggled in this country etc  

It's that docile mentality. When some get money and some relative status, they completely forget the past. The guard goes down and they start parroting PC shyte but when the winds change they get caught out like numbskulls. It may be cultural(?), like people deciding to fight for goray in ww2, when a few decades earlier, they had been mowed down and slaughtered in Jallianwala Bagh.  

It’s true racism was really bad in the 70s and 80s.

We had a shop and we’d got victimised by chavvy goray all the time. They’d write “NF” all over it, smash the windows, hurl abuse, tons of bullying at school with teachers colluding. My dad was beaten up once and I remember my mum breaking down and crying.

Lots of goray are extremely nasty. This is why there are so many high school mass shootings in the US like Columbine and they are mostly by bullied goray kids.

That film is realistic anyhow.

11 hours ago, puzzled said:

I think my Mama who came here in the 70s faced a lot of racism, though he doesn't talk about it. He does weird things like if we are in a car and waiting at the traffic lights he doesn't like it when we look around and says stop looking out of the window, apparently at traffic lights goreh used to start hurling racial abuse at asians in the cars next to theirs  im sure thats just a small part of the racism he faced but he says weird things like that.

Obviously PTSD

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

Its sad really, black youth are aware of the racism their elders faced in this country, while most of us asians arent even aware of the racism our elders faced in this country back in the days.

Just seems like an innate lack of empathy in many Asians to me.

1 hour ago, abhinav said:

Just seems like an innate lack of empathy in many Asians to me.

We don't have a 'brown' identity like black people and white people have overarching identities based on colour. I believe the black identity directly evolved as a reaction and counter to systemic abuse by white racists (people like Marcus Garvey probably being forefathers). Back in the 80s and early 90s in the UK there was brief period, when out of necessity (i.e. being 'paki-bashed' with the police colluding) people did feel some sort of 'asian' identity. But by the mid 90s, a strong Islamist identity emerged within sullay (stemming from the midlands but spreading south). Given what we know now, with how targeted religiously aggravated grooming was taking place parallel to all this (helped in a big way by the 'modren' incarnation of 'Panjabi culture' in the form of brainless barn-dancing and drunkard culture and gigs), I think it's foolish to let our guards down again and let people infiltrate us like that again. Right now, a Panjabi sullah will feel more afinity to a Somalian sullah than an apna, that's how it is. And people need to realise this if they haven't already. 

We need a new generation of apnay who eschew those backwards cultural things that form fissures that weaken our panth. First and foremost we have to face caste, and we all know who is at the forefront of promoting this crap - it has a massive effect on weakening the panth and a lot of the negative stereotypes of apnay stem from this (drunkards and dimwitted kunjars who love prancing about to a dhol at any opp). You know I believe one reason that apnay have consistently failed to face up to white racism, is because (1) they distract themselves with material things and internal  one-up-manship to make themselves feel good, and (2) because deep down, lumpen sections of the community know damn well they are no better than any white supremacist because of their own indifference to rampant inequality amongst our own. They probably secretly desire to replicate the ugly monstrosity that whites have created, but just don't have the intelligence to quite pull it off, so they do their own crude, unsophisticated version which we see in the villages of Panjab. 

Then we could do with a lot less of that cringeworthy brainless ostentation a lot of us are known for, which makes them even more shallow. 

On the positive, we have awareness campaigns and activism about grooming like never before. We are able to communicate with each other on national and international levels with modern tech, and a lot of the old fuddy-duddy conservative (ostrich) generation will be dying out soon, leaving space for a more dynamic and bold style of leadership hopefully. We have to chose and support a new generation of leadership that doesn't just carry on with more of the same buckwaas. And we will face all this alone. 

In the meanwhile, don't be in any sort of illusion about an increase in white racism. I saw it growing up like in the clip above, I saw it getting battered, I saw that they hid themselves waiting for an opportunity to re-emerge.  Don't fall into the trap of delusion that certain cowardly olders promote. If by now, apnay (in the UK at least!) aren't acutely aware of the real problem of grooming or ill intentioned conversion attempts (usually directed at females), then they must be retarded or being wilfully ignorant - OR playing up the government narrative for some material reason (like job prospects).  

This is real life, we aren't living in some foolish Panjabi or Bollywood movie fantasy. We need more strong, intelligent people, who are smart enough not to fall for egoic traps of caste, or manipulative flattery by outsiders. By the looks of it, we may well have a period of global unrest and conflict. We have to have masses of brothers and sisters who are smart and bold enough to defend our own community - or all that will happen is that females will become (understandably) attracted to males of other ways of life that can actually protect them.  

It's a time for intelligent, disciplined, morally upright street soldiers, and intelligent queens who aren't susceptible to shallow bimboesque distractions.  

• 9 months later...
On 6/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, dallysingh101 said:

In the meanwhile, don't be in any sort of illusion about an increase in white racism. I saw it growing up like in the clip above, I saw it getting battered, I saw that they hid themselves waiting for an opportunity to re-emerge.  Don't fall into the trap of delusion that certain cowardly olders promote. If by now, apnay (in the UK at least!) aren't acutely aware of the real problem of grooming or ill intentioned conversion attempts (usually directed at females), then they must be retarded or being wilfully ignorant - OR playing up the government narrative for some material reason (like job prospects).  

Where and what types of individuals or groups within white society in the UK do you think would be prone to this?

Usually it's more the working classes, but now many have grown up with black or brown friends

Older men with families probably not. 

Educated types, less likely

So, it will more likely be in northern towns esp NW and NE and even around midlands where there is more unemployment and deprivation ?