Must read Sikhi books

Ruprai

For a brief grounding in the subject I'd recommend A History of the Sikhs by Khushwant Singh. He gets a tough time from some quarters, but having decided to give his two Sikh volumes a read a few years ago for the first time, they're good. Don't expect him to indulge the spiritual or mystical aspects of the faith, but if you're looking for a straight-forward historical overview of Sikh history, you'll be okay. Obviously, there's others you can find and read once you've got a grasp of the personalities and events that shaped our history.

12 hours ago, learningkaur said:

in search of the true guru. Manmukh to Gursikh

bhai Rama singh Ji 

Thank u, I've been looking for a book to grasp my interest and whilst searching I've started and abandoned a few books but the one you've suggested is just perfect! 

God bless u and may u keep in chardikala. Thank u :)

Society of saints based on Sant Jawala Singh ji. Biography of Sant Harnaam Singh Herkowal and I heard Garland around my neck is good yet to read it. 

Gursikh Maryaad of making Dhoop (insensce) can b found in Society of Saints and technique on how to open Dasam Duaar, as well as Jivan of Sant Jawala Ji's life. In Herkowal's a couple of Maryaad on Akaand Paat. I also read Biography of Waryaam Singh (he left this world in 1989). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:15 AM, Ruprai said:

I am wanting to know what books I should read of Sikhi. I prefer English, as my punjabi isn't too strong. Ant good recommendations?

Yes, but even those written in English are not very easy to understand. One has to struggle to know what the book is trying to tell you.