Sikh Defence League

Guest Mr singh

Guest london jwaan
On 6/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

How did 'grooming' come into this ?

The Jewish Shomrin in north and north east London are licenced and sanctioned with the local councils and the Metropolitan Police stay out of local Jewish business allowing the Shomrin to settle arguments according to Jewish Law. They're not pre-occupied with 'grooming'. Instead, they provide protection to vulnerable members of the Jewish community such as the elderly and they also run 2 fully equipped Jewish ambulances to deal with medical emergencies among Jews to ensure the dignity of the Jewish patients are protected. So...not so much 'animosity' on my part but more increduality that you could be so ill-informed about anything that you actually thought there are Sikhs under the banner 'sher-e-punjab' providing a service to Sikhs on the streets of Britain 2020. So sure that you even told an american on this forum sitting 10,000 miles away that there was as a statement of fact. 

Why the hell are you attacking people for having well intentioned ideas? The only one repeatedlly going on about Jewish Shomrin is you. *edited*

The Op is talking about a group for sikhs. It has nothing to do with Jewish Shomrin. I would suggest that the reason that you are attacking everyone (as usual) is your moronic, narcissistic personality. And it is because nobody paid attention to your earlier Jewish Shomrin post. And why would they? Whilst they may be doing admirable things, they look after the Jewish community, not sikhs .

Also, like you are ever going to join any group to do something constructive for the community?!  Would you have ever volunteered for such a group? That has to be the joke of the century.

Guest SIKH
On 6/17/2020 at 1:27 PM, Guest Mr singh said:

Hi we a few sikhs and white lads have set up a new organisation called Sikh Defence League to protect our community and to take action , comment if your interested 

This is a very good idea, do tell us how many people have you as members of your organisation and money matters to make it a successful initiative . It would be good thing if it succeeds. Sikh community needs mature people to guide its youth in the west in many arenas of their lives. They need lay people to help them with home work, sport and exercise, general issues concerning their mental health and much more.  Also, they need strong representatives to represent them in many issues concerning their Sikhi in schools. You keep hearing young Sikh boys and girls get teased @ schools for their long kesh and turbans by other kids. They have no ultimatum but to cut their hair and so on.  Schools should have someone who can educate them properly and thoroughly what it means what a Sikh child to be in saroop. Their Sikh values should be number priority at school, FE colleges and universities as well as in their future employment. Sikh youth has be Confident with who they are so we can have good Confident role models for the future generations of Sikhs.  Please respond and thank you for informing us.

Guest Sher-da-Bacchae
On 6/28/2020 at 12:17 AM, Guest london jwaan said:

Why the hell are you attacking people for having well intentioned ideas? The only one repeatedlly going on about Jewish Shomrin is you. *edited*

The Op is talking about a group for sikhs. It has nothing to do with Jewish Shomrin. I would suggest that the reason that you are attacking everyone (as usual) is your moronic, narcissistic personality. And it is because nobody paid attention to your earlier Jewish Shomrin post. And why would they? Whilst they may be doing admirable things, they look after the Jewish community, not sikhs .

Also, like you are ever going to join any group to do something constructive for the community?!  Would you have ever volunteered for such a group? That has to be the joke of the century.

Ignore him. I think this is a brilliant idea for Sikh youth. I think we should have some sports clubs too, where our youth can learn some sort and compete at international levels. 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 7/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, Guest SIKH said:

This is a very good idea, do tell us how many people have you as members of your organisation and money matters to make it a successful initiative . It would be good thing if it succeeds. Sikh community needs mature people to guide its youth in the west in many arenas of their lives. They need lay people to help them with home work, sport and exercise, general issues concerning their mental health and much more.  Also, they need strong representatives to represent them in many issues concerning their Sikhi in schools. You keep hearing young Sikh boys and girls get teased @ schools for their long kesh and turbans by other kids. They have no ultimatum but to cut their hair and so on.  Schools should have someone who can educate them properly and thoroughly what it means what a Sikh child to be in saroop. Their Sikh values should be number priority at school, FE colleges and universities as well as in their future employment. Sikh youth has be Confident with who they are so we can have good Confident role models for the future generations of Sikhs.  Please respond and thank you for informing us.

I think you need to re-read what the OP said. He or she is talking about a street-level vigilante type patrolling defence group. You're talking about what the giani does at the Gurdwara every Sunday in the Gurbani classes. 

Going back to what I said about the Jewish Shomrin in North London it both can and can't work. It can for certain areas, such as Southall, Hayes, Smethwick, West Brom and Heston but, apart from those, our traditional Sikh areas are no longer traditional Sikh areas - we've spread out a hellava lot now in various towns and are no longer ghettoised. Again though, the Shomrin example can be utilised because a similar thing has happened to the UK Jewish community and thus they use the one area where they are highly concentrated - Stamform Hill - as the place to do vigilante defence patrols whilst in the other lightly-Jewish areas such as Golders Green, Finchley etc, they operate more as a community ambulance mini-bus service for the elderly. So yes...it definately can work to some extent with some tweaks depending on the area of operation. 

Guest SIKH
13 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

I think you need to re-read what the OP said. He or she is talking about a street-level vigilante type patrolling defence group. You're talking about what the giani does at the Gurdwara every Sunday in the Gurbani classes. 

Going back to what I said about the Jewish Shomrin in North London it both can and can't work. It can for certain areas, such as Southall, Hayes, Smethwick, West Brom and Heston but, apart from those, our traditional Sikh areas are no longer traditional Sikh areas - we've spread out a hellava lot now in various towns and are no longer ghettoised. Again though, the Shomrin example can be utilised because a similar thing has happened to the UK Jewish community and thus they use the one area where they are highly concentrated - Stamform Hill - as the place to do vigilante defence patrols whilst in the other lightly-Jewish areas such as Golders Green, Finchley etc, they operate more as a community ambulance mini-bus service for the elderly. So yes...it definately can work to some extent with some tweaks depending on the area of operation. 

I see what you mean now. I think yours’ too is a brilliant idea. But how is it going work if Sikhs are not concentrated in any particular area anymore in the first place. They have definitely moved away from typical Sikh areas nowadays. How will it work in present day situation? I think every Sikh will have to move back to Sikh areas for this to work.

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
23 hours ago, Guest SIKH said:

I see what you mean now. I think yours’ too is a brilliant idea. But how is it going work if Sikhs are not concentrated in any particular area anymore in the first place. They have definitely moved away from typical Sikh areas nowadays. How will it work in present day situation? I think every Sikh will have to move back to Sikh areas for this to work.

Well like I said, the Jews are even more spread out than we are and they've found a way for it to work. In the areas where the Jews are present but still a small minority, the patrol group alter their modus operandi to act more as a service to take elderly and vulnerable jews to things like doctors and hospital appointments. In fact they have at least 2 fully equipped ambulances with trained paramedics that operate in the Boroughs of Barnet and Golders Green area. Because the Shomrin work with the official blessing of the Metropolitan Police, Councils and the other emergency services, 999 emergency calls for an ambulance can be diverted to the Shomrin if the Jewish caller stipulates that he or she needs a service that adheres to Jewish Law. The Shomrin ambulance then ensure the dignity of the elderly Jew is maintained at all times during the health emergency. In Stamford Hill and other areas of the Borough of Haringey however the same organisation acts in a very different way. There, it is far more vigilante street patrols ensuring the property and person of local Jews is protected. They also have an understanding with the local police and council that they themselves will deal with any alleged crime that has taken place within the Jewish community itself. This has proven to be quite contentious because in the past the Met and the council have even allowed to self police allegations such as child abuse and domestic violence. On a street level though their patrols do provide protection to the local jews. Interestingly, the Jewish / Jamaican ratio in Stamford Hill is exactly the same as the Sikh / Jamaican ratio in Handsworth. If they can make it work we can do. 

Guest Bout It
On 6/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

I once wrote a long piece here on this forum about the Jewish Shomrim in north east London. They act as a volunteer community force of able-bodied young men who patrol jewish areas protecting Jewish homes and businesses etc. I suggested we start something similar in Southall, Hounslow and Sandwell. Not one person here on this forum replied. They weren't even remotely interested then. Lets see how you get on.

Veer ji where you from i have been looking to set up a organisation like this but the apne my age 21 are just weak TBH. Apne need to band together real talk 

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 7/15/2020 at 9:19 PM, Guest Bout It said:

Veer ji where you from i have been looking to set up a organisation like this but the apne my age 21 are just weak TBH. Apne need to band together real talk 

Brother....I'm one of the many old skool Sikh families of Southall that have long since moved out to the villages and suburban little towns of Surry, Hampshire and Berkshire ?   The worst crime that's ever happened in my manor is when a tractor once blocked traffic by reversing onto a B Road.

Nah man...this is for you young 'uns to do. Needs good upstanding responsible people though. Not criminal thug fakes like that injection fella in Southall. It can work when the Sikhs that get it organised have the trust of the Met and Ealing and Hounslow councils. 

This is a good read:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/4w7nk3/on-patrol-with-north-londons-orthodox-jewish-patrol-group