Does Waheguru have a purpose for me?

DoabeyWali

Recently, I have been feeling alone, lost and directionless. So, I've been wondering does Waheguru have a purpose for me? I'm currently in a very tough situation as I'm facing a huge challenge. Has he placed me in this situation for a particular reason? Or is all this is just a  stroke of bad luck?

On the other hand, I feel that I have certain privileges that others don't. Is this for a reason? I feel that I may be able to achieve something, but I'd have to face my fears to do that. Has he made sure that I am strong enough to do this? 

At times, I feel that he must know what I am going through, and he wouldn't just abandon me. So, perhaps there is a point to all this suffering. The issues that I mention are mostly career-related, and I will not provide any details. 

Also, do you think Waheguru has a specific mission/purpose for you? If yes, then what is it? 

I am looking forward to your thoughtful comments. Thanks! 

Everyone has the purpose of becoming a Sikh

But as for personal specific purpose i'm sure some individuals have been sent down with a specific purpose of doing great things, like Bhai Jagraj Singh from BOS   he obviously was sent by Wahegur ji with a very big mission!

And then you have people born into royalty and super rich families who have big influence over society, whatever the reason is i guess these people have been sent with specific purpose too! These people are powerful enough to bring about social change and have been given that position by God

And then there are everyday people you don't even know about and they dedicate their lives to charity, and what about your everyday parcharks at the Gurdware? i'm sure they been sent with the purpose of spreading Sikhi. 

So some people i guess definitely have been sent with a task/mission.

As for myself i don't think i have a specific purpose or mission lol!

Waheguru jis plan is far too big for us to see or figure out, only Waheguru ji knows 

Sometimes i think Waheguru tests us and puts us in difficult situations, while others times its just the consequences of our previous actions.

The emotions/feelings you described at the beginning, well i have similar themes in my life too, the more i look at it, its been the same repetitive themes running through my life from as far back as i can remember. Its the same theme/emotions in everything i do and everywhere i go, It reaches the point where its easy to accept this as Wahegurus hukkam and only the consequences of my own previous actions, but that feeling in you to want better doesn't let you accept it. 

50 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Sometimes i think Waheguru tests us and puts us in difficult situations, while others times its just the consequences of our previous actions.

Amen bro. Just because the Teacher is Perfect doesn't mean the lesson is easy. Vaheguru is the destroyer of ego for a reason. 

We think about Karam as we do good we get good but that just isn't the whole picture. We could very well earn a huge deal of suffering as a blessing for our good Karam just as well. How much suffering has the Panth earned from it's good Karam?  Vaheguru ji ga Khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki Fateh. 

9 minutes ago, Singh375 said:

What can we really say about Bhai Jagraj Singh ji? Some people are just like an arrow sent by God. ❤️ I only met him once in 2013 but he was special

Bro..I don't normally think like this per se, but the other day I was having a rough time, just getting it handed to me, and I was praying to Vaheguru. All of a sudden I got the urge to watch Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji videos and his presence was so calming and inspiring. Then the rest of the day I had this accompanied blissful feeling, like better than I have in...ever...and sure as it was day at one point I felt someone next to me and felt a hand on my shoulder as real as anything. That whole day I was feeling Bhai Ji and bliss. In the moment, mentally, I called him Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji Shaheed to myself and it made me wonder if he was offed for being too good and gaining too much eminence. 

1 hour ago, Singh375 said:

What can we really say about Bhai Jagraj Singh ji? Some people are just like an arrow sent by God. ❤️ I only met him once in 2013 but he was special

He did the everything13 presentations at my local gurdwara but I never attended as I wasnt well back then. Really regret that. 

I think even if you bring someone else closer to sikhi, that in itself must be a purpose waheguru has sent you with! Guru said in that sense has got that person into sikhi through yourself. Perhaps you fulfill your specific purpose by bringing someone into sikhi. Not that i have personally got someone into sikhi, but some people have.

In fact everything we do I guess fulfills some kind of purpose, but we cant see the grand plan so it all appears unclear to us. 

Had we remained in India we would not marry or become friends with the punjabis we are friends with or married too! We all come from all over Punjab and probably would of never met, yet because we are abroad we have met! We just cant see the bigger picture.