Possible Contemporary Painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji?

Thing with most Indian paintings is they really don't give much of the facial features away, like in that painting everyone has pretty much got the same/similar face. But the description fits in with that i'v read about Guru Ji. Bhai Jaita/Jivan Singh describes Guru ji as being medium built, having a bright complexion which means fair skinned, Large eyes, and a sharp nose. Guru ji is depicted as the lightest one from all of them and of a medium built and with large big eyes in this painting as well, which matches the description given by Bhai Jivan Singh.

What about the Hazur Sahib painting? Its in one of the puratan Dasam Granths or Sarbloh Granths and the Singh showed us it and said its the original painting of Guru Sahib. The bog version you see hanging inside Hazur Sahib is a replica of the one of saw in one of the puratan birs shown to us.

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Thing with most Indian paintings is they really don't give much of the facial features away, like in that painting everyone has pretty much got the same/similar face. But the description fits in with that i'v read about Guru Ji. Bhai Jaita/Jivan Singh describes Guru ji as being medium built, having a bright complexion which means fair skinned, Large eyes, and a sharp nose. Guru ji is depicted as the lightest one from all of them and of a medium built and with large big eyes in this painting as well, which matches the description given by Bhai Jivan Singh.

What about the Hazur Sahib painting? Its in one of the puratan Dasam Granths or Sarbloh Granths and the Singh showed us it and said its the original painting of Guru Sahib. The bog version you see hanging inside Hazur Sahib is a replica of the one of saw in one of the puratan birs shown to us.

Yeah, i'm not really sure. The artist obviously overdone some things, especially regarding the eyes. If this is Guru Sahib, they depict him fairly young as well with a short beard. There is also a common trend regarding hoop earrings in a lot of these puratan paintings, an obvious sign of royalty. This image supposedly takes place after the establishment of the Khalsa, however, it doesn't even look like any of the Singhs are there. Which is odd. Also displays a red dastar, and tilk. Then again, I could be wrong. Most of the guys at the bottom just look like Rajput warriors/royalty. 

I have the Hazur Sahib painting hanging in my room. I personally believe that's an authentic depiction. Is there any more history regarding that image? I've been trying to find more info.  

11 hours ago, puzzled said:

Could you please share an image of this painting?

17 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Why are you getting so excited, lol?

They also sacrificed their entire immediate family, from parents to offspring. Shall we do the same, too?

yes I am excited the separatist mentality was finally an artificial construct invented by tat khalsa and singh sabha movements , and that sikh gurus were more "hindu" than the modern day sikhs would like to admit. Finally the RSS/hindutva brigade was right in trying to bring sikhs to their senses of who we really are , a branch and not a tree.

Gurus wore prominent tilaks as u can see in the pic , and  perhaps also wore janeu. Who invented the modern day paintings of guru gobind singh ji ? must be some khalistani 

6 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

yes I am excited the separatist mentality was finally an artificial construct invented by tat khalsa and singh sabha movements , and that sikh gurus were more "hindu" than the modern day sikhs would like to admit. Finally the RSS/hindutva brigade was right in trying to bring sikhs to their senses of who we really are , a branch and not a tree.

Gurus wore prominent tilaks as u can see in the pic , and  perhaps also wore janeu. Who invented the modern day paintings of guru gobind singh ji ? must be some khalistani 

It's a lot to process. I'm feeling light-headed all of a sudden. Don't trigger me! ?