Possible Contemporary Painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji?

16 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

yes I am excited the separatist mentality was finally an artificial construct invented by tat khalsa and singh sabha movements , and that sikh gurus were more "hindu" than the modern day sikhs would like to admit. Finally the RSS/hindutva brigade was right in trying to bring sikhs to their senses of who we really are , a branch and not a tree.

Gurus wore prominent tilaks as u can see in the pic , and  perhaps also wore janeu. Who invented the modern day paintings of guru gobind singh ji ? must be some khalistani 

So are you saying we are a branch of hinduism?

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

RSS.

its important to note if gurus really wore kanna dia mundran as some paintings depict , then that ritual would have been preserved by singhs in hazur sahib and possibly even takht patna sahib where singh sabha movement didn't have that much influence and where they profess they're more puritanical than the sikhs of punjab. 

They do aarti with thaal , etc but dont do much of this tilak thing , except some festivals. But then even mainstream sikhs accept "gureyai da tilak" was a real thing . Was it just once ? there're many questions. its like opening up a pandora's box of uncomfortable truths(?)

6 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

its important to note if gurus really wore kanna dia mundran as some paintings depict , then that ritual would have been preserved by singhs in hazur sahib and possibly even takht patna sahib where singh sabha movement didn't have that much influence and where they profess they're more puritanical than the sikhs of punjab. 

They do aarti with thaal , etc but dont do much of this tilak thing , except some festivals. But then even mainstream sikhs accept "gureyai da tilak" was a real thing . Was it just once ? there're many questions. its like opening up a pandora's box of uncomfortable truths(?)

Regarding everyday clothing, I doubt they wore identical "uniforms" 365 days a year. People change things up depending on season, climate, mood, the type of people we're going to meet, etc. It's not like constant blue throughout life or anything like that. Static potraits, pictures, and accounts of a certain period aren't going to reflect that day-to-day variety. 

16 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

59d34c33482459847fad4244adab7499.png.7b015eb952d9f13cabdde52076008064.png

5f7ebf1bff625e92e9db3df8c3d3cd2d.png.6a8d99240c092fbfdd53ecb6c539e343.png

5b81f21077d3d4aa9e76b0112ec72279.png.3dd77dd0dc2a433eb94585ce9d4f24de.png

and he wore chandan di lep di tikka? The other painting has a number of issues the dates do not match with history, Guru ji was at paonta Sahib when this painting was painted by the Patna school of art painter . Plus the dress and anklets raise questions if Guru ji dressed as a rajput and believed in stones ' power from gurbani level analysis I doubt it , from level of rehit Guru ji would have kept kesh inside his dastar and not needed to pierce his ears to show royalty since he had been anoited Guru ji since age nine and wore kalgi

15 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

Yeah, i'm not really sure. The artist obviously overdone some things, especially regarding the eyes. If this is Guru Sahib, they depict him fairly young as well with a short beard. There is also a common trend regarding hoop earrings in a lot of these puratan paintings, an obvious sign of royalty. This image supposedly takes place after the establishment of the Khalsa, however, it doesn't even look like any of the Singhs are there. Which is odd. Also displays a red dastar, and tilk. Then again, I could be wrong. Most of the guys at the bottom just look like Rajput warriors/royalty. 

I have the Hazur Sahib painting hanging in my room. I personally believe that's an authentic depiction. Is there any more history regarding that image? I've been trying to find more info.  

Yeah you can't take these puratan paintings literally, also depending on which part of the Pahari regions the painting was done in the features and eye shapes were painted very differently, each region of the Pahari area had its own school of art. So even if it is a depiction of Guru Ji you can't take it as accurate at all. Some of the men at the bottom do look like Sikhs, like the dark skinned one with the longer dhari he looks like a Sikh, while some of the other figures have clearly shaven their dharis but grown their mucha out they obviously are the Rajputs.

I think the Gurus wore tilaks when they sat on the Gurgaddi, i think coconuts and money were used in the ceremony as well. If i remember correctly during M.Ranjit Singhs coronation they applied tilak to his head and also used coconuts!  As for earring there are even photographs from the 19th century of Sikhs wearing earrings! 

Its hard to tell! tbh

Yeah i got a feeling the Hazur Sahib painting is probably the most accurate! Basically the painting you see hanging inside Hazur Sahib, its a replica of this tiny painting inside a puratan Granth. We saw this Granth in the Mai Bhago Gurdwara right next to Hazur Sahib, i can't remember if the puratan Granth was Dasam Granth Sahib or Sarbloh Granth! but the Singh showing it showed us the ang with the painting and said this is the original painting of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. if i remember correctly this Granth also had Guru Sahibs signature/seal. There was so much noise and people everywhere that you couldn't even hear him clearly!  but it was a really small painting like 8cm    the painting inside the darbar is a bigger framed replica of this tiny painting. 

Niramish | निरामिष | Art, Sketch book, Indian art

56 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah you can't take these puratan paintings literally, also depending on which part of the Pahari regions the painting was done in the features and eye shapes were painted very differently, each region of the Pahari area had its own school of art. So even if it is a depiction of Guru Ji you can't take it as accurate at all. Some of the men at the bottom do look like Sikhs, like the dark skinned one with the longer dhari he looks like a Sikh, while some of the other figures have clearly shaven their dharis but grown their mucha out they obviously are the Rajputs.

I think the Gurus wore tilaks when they sat on the Gurgaddi, i think coconuts and money were used in the ceremony as well. If i remember correctly during M.Ranjit Singhs coronation they applied tilak to his head and also used coconuts!  As for earring there are even photographs from the 19th century of Sikhs wearing earrings! 

Its hard to tell! tbh

Yeah i got a feeling the Hazur Sahib painting is probably the most accurate! Basically the painting you see hanging inside Hazur Sahib, its a replica of this tiny painting inside a puratan Granth. We saw this Granth in the Mai Bhago Gurdwara right next to Hazur Sahib, i can't remember if the puratan Granth was Dasam Granth Sahib or Sarbloh Granth! but the Singh showing it showed us the ang with the painting and said this is the original painting of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. if i remember correctly this Granth also had Guru Sahibs signature/seal. There was so much noise and people everywhere that you couldn't even hear him clearly!  but it was a really small painting like 8cm    the painting inside the darbar is a bigger framed replica of this tiny painting. 

Niramish | निरामिष | Art, Sketch book, Indian art

Thanks for the information regarding the Hazur Sahib painting. Not that much info of it on the internet. 

More pics of Raja Sidh Sen of Mandi, you can really see that pahari art style. 

spacer.png

spacer.png