Possible Contemporary Painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji?

So this painting has been floating around for a while, even on the forum SikhAwareness. Jvala Singh also posted an updated stating that further research is needed, we 100% cannot confirm that this is Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj until the proper research is conducted (As explained below)

8 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's unfortunate that India of the latter Middle Ages didn't develop a European Renaissance art style compared to the relatively simplistic Indian style that's familiar to us. Imagine a portrait of Guru Sahib in this manner:

image-asset.jpeg

That's the difference between potrait and painting. The indian ones are more 2d and look like childish paintings compared to these western fine 3d potraits . This is no different than a photo. 

1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

That's the difference between potrait and painting. The indian ones are more 2d and look like childish paintings compared to these western fine 3d potraits . This is no different than a photo. 

Exactly. Imagine if Indian art evolved to that sort of standard. The closest thing we got is the portrait of Maharaj Sher Singh, which I believe was painted by a European. 

df69b8e31797c26403133a02a3bfdedd.png

3 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

Exactly. Imagine if Indian art evolved to that sort of standard. The closest thing we got is the portrait of Maharaj Sher Singh, which I believe was painted by a European. 

df69b8e31797c26403133a02a3bfdedd.png

is he wearing ear rings ?

tbh Indians never were interested in adopting the western style of Painting, emperor Jehangir took Mughal art to new levels and was interested in European art and he even got European artists to come into India and teach the artists western techniques, and you can see western influence Jehangir period of art. But Indians were not really interested in that and it never took off. 

I love renaissance art  been to the portrait gallery london etc several times, but i think Indian art at its peak was very beautiful too, had the Indians adopted Western style of painting that would of been a big part of Indian art and culture gone! 

Most Indain paintings are tiny like even smaller than A4 paper, for the finest of detail artists would use a single strand of horse hair, when you see these paintings in real up and close then you really see how much skill it must of involved.

portrait of Jehangir, you can see the European influence, it is not 2d and has lot more dimension than the pahari paintings, all their faces look different and you can see the facial contouring. You can even see a gorah near the bottom and European influence like the white angels.

Jehangir has a very central asian/persian looking face despite his mother being a Indian Rajput. 

sufi.jpg?w=940

10 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

is he wearing ear rings ?

Could be a possibility. Wouldn't be surprised. Earrings, especially the hoops, were very fashionable and a sign of royalty. There are some pictures of some Khalsa Singhs wearing them, I gotta find them though. 

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

portrait of Jehangir, you can see the European influence, it is not 2d and has lot more dimension than the pahari paintings, all their faces look different and you can see the facial contouring. You can even see a gorah near the bottom and European influence like the white angels.

Jehangir has a very central asian/persian looking face despite his mother being a Indian Rajput. 

sufi.jpg?w=940

I really like this art style. It's a cross between the classic Indian side-on style with the added detail of the European. If this was commonplace around the time of Guru Gobind Singh we probably would've got a fairly accurate indication of their facial features.

The European feller looks like Shakespeare, lol.