Possible Contemporary Painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji?

46 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

Most of those images are Sobha Singhs work. I believe he just painted what he dreamed of. People just roll with that. We have conditioned ourselves to believe that our Gurus looked like that. When in reality, we really don't know how our Gurus looked like. And it shouldn't really matter. The true image of the Guru is contained within the shabad. 

i personally don't like Sobha Singhs paintings!  apparently he used his own face for that famous Guru Nanak Painting! 

you can see the similarities    

PAINTING OF GURU NANAK …FAKE? WHAT A WONDER … SOMEONE SEEMS TO ...

14 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

When it comes to trading,  sea ports are far more effective. 

The conventional to invade India would have been through the North West route.

The Brits took a different route, they sailed to East Bengal.

The conquest of India was always from West to East.

The British Empire (East India Company) went from East to West.

They went straight to the richest province which was Bengal at the time.

they went to the most compliant and self-serving remember the British had been sending priests and envoys for years prior to scope out which countries would easier to manipulate , and bengalis have always been easy to persuade .

Instead of trying to find a true painting or photo of Guru Sahib, should focus on doing Naam Abhyiaas to get darshan of dashmesh pita, like many mahapurakhs have done.

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Given these painting of the Gurus wearing earrings, what does Sikhi say about men and piercings, allowed, not allow, no mention of it?

This thread goes into the topic, also providing historical references. Just click on the tweet to read more about it. I just put the main points. Credit goes to @JungNihang for this thread.

3 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

I don't personally got a problem with earrings in a historical sense. That was just the fashion back then, representing royalty. Kinda like wearing pearled necklaces and so on. Would I recommend getting earrings now? Not really. 

Pierced ears among men is still common in north India and Punjab they wear those small studs,  many western born Punjabi guys do as well, I myself had my ears pierced lol!  But took them out once i started growing my dhari out. 

I think Yogis used to pierce there ears and wear wooden earrings, i think in the yogi tradition it represented detachment from the world. Kings/Kshatriya's used to wear earrings as a sign of royalty/nobility. Today its just fashion ...