Possible Contemporary Painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji?

ਰਸਾਵਲ ਛੰਦ ॥
RASAAVAL STANZA
ਨ ਜਟਾ ਮੁੰਡਿ ਧਾਰੌ ॥ ਨ ਮੁੰਦ੍ਰਕਾ ਸਵਾਰੌ ॥
I neither wear matted hair on the head nor bedeck myself with ear-rings.
ਜਪੋ ਤਾਸ ਨਾਮੰ ॥ ਸਰੈ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਮੰ ॥੫੧॥
I meditate on the Name of the Lord, which helps me in all my errands.51.
(ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ, ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ)

ਜਟਾ ਨ ਸੀਸ ਧਾਰਿਹੌ ॥ ਨ ਮੁੰਦ੍ਰਕਾ ਸੁ ਧਾਰਿਹੌ ॥
I do not wear matted hair on my head, nor do I put rings in my ears.
ਨ ਕਾਨਿ ਕਾਹੂੰ ਕੀ ਧਰੋ ॥ ਕਹਿਯੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਸੁ ਮੈ ਕਰੋ ॥੩੬॥
I do not pay attention to anyone else, all my actions are at the bidding of the Lord.36.

ਪੁਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੋਰਖ ਕੋ ਉਪਰਾਜਾ ॥ ਸਿਖ ਕਰੇ ਤਿਨ ਹੂ ਬਡ ਰਾਜਾ ॥
Then I created Gorakh, who made great kings his disciples.
ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਫਾਰਿ ਮੁਦ੍ਰਾ ਦੁਐ ਡਾਰੀ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਰੀਤਿ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੀ ॥੨੪॥
His disciples wear rings in their ears and do not know the love of the lord.24.

We also need to take into consideration:

ਪਰਥਾਇ ਸਾਖੀ ਮਹਾ ਪੁਰਖ ਬੋਲਦੇ ਸਾਝੀ ਸਗਲ ਜਹਾਨੈ ॥
Great men speak the teachings by relating them to individual situations, but the whole world shares in them.
(ਰਾਗੁ ਸੋਰਠਿ - ਗੁਰੂ ਅਮਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ - ਅੰਗ ੬੪੭, ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ)

So even if Guru Sahib was speaking about the Yogis, it applies universally.

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

So basically Sikh men can wear hoops/earrings since there isn't anything in scripture within Sikhi against such a thing. Don't mean to sound rude but in theory a Sikh man could get his nipples and other body parts pierced and nothing in scripture is against that?

Pedophilia supporter aka muslim community why don't you condemn your muslim brothers acts of gang rapes and sex rings of underaged girls?  Some loser draws a  picture of Mohammed and you lunatics want to bomb everyone.  Did your prophet Mohammed teach to run sex rings of underaged girls?  Did he teach you muslims to rape girls?  Muslim community is silent on condemning such acts, so Mohammed must have taught to rape and run sex rings of underaged girls.  

2 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Not sure how my comment triggered you, thanks for being a great representative of your Sikh faith to all the non-Sikhs who stumble upon this forum.

Remember Allah, Raheem, Kareem.

Answer the questions.   First it was one question in another topic and now its here with more questions because you can't answer it.  Run to your brothers on SC and see if they can help you answer these questions.  

6 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Remember Allah, Raheem, Kareem.

If you had remembered Allah, Raheem, and Kareem you would have said sex rings of underaged girls run by muslim brothers is a muslim community issue.  That's the way to remember Allah, to be truthful. 

3 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

So basically Sikh men can wear hoops/earrings since there isn't anything in scripture within Sikhi against such a thing. Don't mean to sound rude but in theory a Sikh man could get his nipples and other body parts pierced and nothing in scripture is against that?

Wow. Your first thought was getting nipple piercings. Getting any sort of piercings is against the maryada, doesn't mean historically men didn't get their ears pierced. Just the time which symbolized royalty. Ain't no grown a** man getting his nipples pierced, buddy. 

On 6/25/2020 at 1:51 PM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

yes I am excited the separatist mentality was finally an artificial construct invented by tat khalsa and singh sabha movements , and that sikh gurus were more "hindu" than the modern day sikhs would like to admit. Finally the RSS/hindutva brigade was right in trying to bring sikhs to their senses of who we really are , a branch and not a tree.

Get that 'Hindu' word out of your head, just because puratan images/texts reference 'Indic' stuff - doesn't make them 'Hindu' in the modern sense of the word.

Gurus wore prominent tilaks as u can see in the pic , and  perhaps also wore janeu. Who invented the modern day paintings of guru gobind singh ji ? must be some khalistani 

Probably Sobha Singh who sort of sanitized them? 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Get that 'Hindu' word out of your head, just because puratan images/texts reference 'Indic' stuff - doesn't make them 'Hindu' in the modern sense of the word.

Probably Sobha Singh who sort of sanitized them? 

I am pretty sure the self-portrait of Guru Teg Bahadur has neither tilak nor earrings , Guru ji is not a hypocrite he will follow maryada of previous Nanaks and enjoin sangat to do the same . Of course after paintings are made people can change them , even if kalpana of artist doesn't add those things the other influencers could be mischievious .

20 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I am pretty sure the self-portrait of Guru Teg Bahadur has neither tilak nor earrings , Guru ji is not a hypocrite he will follow maryada of previous Nanaks and enjoin sangat to do the same . Of course after paintings are made people can change them , even if kalpana of artist doesn't add those things the other influencers could be mischievious .

Yes the painting which is said to be a self portrait of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji it has no tilak and no earrings. Same with the Hazur Sahib painting of Guru Gobind Singh ji which the Hazur Sahib Singhs say is a contemporary painting of Guru Ji there are no earrings or tilak in that painting either. 

Once again no earrings or tilaks and no celi topi    painting was done my an artist who had seen Guru Ji. 

Image may contain: one or more people

No photo description available.

here is another painting of guru ji with the exact same chola pattern. Either done by the same artist or perhaps another artist copied the above 2 paintings and created this one. Even the baaj is the same, white body and grey wings. The baaj also has the same necklace around it.  Once again no tilak or earrings. 

ਜੋਧਸਿੰਘ on Twitter: "A contemporary portrait of Guru ...

another paintings with the same chola again. 

What is the history of Bhai Roop Chand in Sikhism? - Quora