Possible Contemporary Painting of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji?

Anand Karaj is necessary and specific. Not only spiritually is it different than marriage, but temporally. 

Just one example. If you're having children in Kalyug instead of taking in children in Kalyug you're already involving the Karam of that. If you're birthing that child into a house where just the mother say is prepared for Dharam Yudh and the father isn't then not only is the child born in Kalyug but might lose his mother to Dharam Yudh. 

It takes the mother and father both being Gursikhs to bring Gursikhs properly into the world according to the Karam of it. The consent structure. 

2 minutes ago, Suchi said:

Certainly the Nirankaris believe that to be the case and have created their own sect for the same.  There are/were claims to have met GGS ji in his new identity and seen his stomach scars.  Certainly his body was never found/cremated.

All the Gurus had such an impact as to leave no doubt. 

Just now, Suchi said:

I'm not sure I'm following you.  All his children had died or are you saying that wasn't the case?

No I'm saying that Anand Karaj is seperate, dinstinct and consensual. But you can look at the Gurus themselves. How can Guru Gobind Singh Ji give his childrens lives for a Paanth if Mata Sahib Kaur was not a Kaur?

1 minute ago, Suchi said:

It's personal.  But the Chinese has created a whole medical science on piercings, namely acupuncture, where surgeries can be done with the patient fully awake and not sensitive to the pain due to having the relevant meridians switched off for as long as 2 hours.

I'm with all that. I wouldn't do anything permanent to myself though.

If they can Jaap while being sawn in half I'll be more impressed. Or go Alok. 

I guess to say it can be real and not needed by Guru Sahiban especially. 

Just now, Suchi said:

I don't see that it makes any difference as his sons themselves wanted to fight and asked their father's permission.  That is enough in Indian custom. 

Even in the Paanth some things are expected of everyone and everything is expected of some. Those of who everything is expected have specific requirements and initiations. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use