When Giani pinderpal Singh ji doubted Sant isher Singh ji

Guruguruji

18 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

my only question is why give unquestioning following to one person ? we as a community were never a one person following community, since the days of Guru Gobind Singh ji , hence the concept of punj pyare.

Some of the logical fallacies evident in Sant Bhindrawale's speech is when he says "hindu in arabic means thief" ,implying muslims call hindus thief . no thats not true honestly. 

But his hatred for hindus if he had any might have arisen out of seeing how a baahmani (IG) was against sikhs and sikhs rights

PS : waheguru forgive me if I am accidentally slandering a saint

I can only speak for myself but respect and appreciation for Sant Jarnail Singh is not the same as worshipping him as a demigod or an incarnation of someone or another. I appreciate there are some Sikhs who have a few theories as to his origins, etc., but that's not relevant to me.

In regards to the general point about the intent and character of Sant Jarnail Singh and the way he's portrayed by certain quarters (i.e. he's a ruthless anti-Hindu, anti-India militant), there's a rather interesting real-life example which opened my eyes to an important issue.

My cousins are born and raised in Punjab. They're from respectable families; none of the boisterous, loose behaviour we've come to expect from our people in recent times. But I remember them being very, very intolerant of even the merest positive mention of Sikh separatism and Sant Jarnail Singh. I also observed how nearly everything they would say about politics and social issues were verbatim everything they heard and saw in the India media. Eventually, both moved to a European country in their late teens. They're getting married and having kids now, and seeing the transformation in their attitude and understanding is spectacular. Their WhatsApp statuses are passionately pro-Sikh. They send me links to articles in Punjabi about Sikh independence and self-determination. They've started to appreciate and understand Sikhi MORE since leaving India than they ever did when they lived there. It's as if since escaping the bubble of Indian brainwashing they've suddenly started to think for themselves.

You Indian guys don't realise how strongly Indian state propaganda has pervaded the resident Sikh's consciousness. You've been conditioned to despise the one true hero of the quom of the previous century, and therefore despise his aims for our collective future. They have your balls in a vice, and you can't see it. It's not your fault. The Indian machine is insidiously powerful. Don't be fooled by the mistaken belief that these harmless, third-world, dhoti-wearing little brown people are soft. Physically, they may be cowards, but they are no less cunning and conniving than any other similar races on this planet.

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I can only speak for myself but respect and appreciation for Sant Jarnail Singh is not the same as worshipping him as a demigod or an incarnation of someone or another. I appreciate there are some Sikhs who have a few theories as to his origins, etc., but that's not relevant to me.

In regards to the general point about the intent and character of Sant Jarnail Singh and the way he's portrayed by certain quarters (i.e. he's a ruthless anti-Hindu, anti-India militant), there's a rather interesting real-life example which opened my eyes to an important issue.

My cousins are born and raised in Punjab. They're from respectable families; none of the boisterous, loose behaviour we've come to expect from our people in recent times. But I remember them being very, very intolerant of even the merest positive mention of Sikh separatism and Sant Jarnail Singh. I also observed how nearly everything they would say about politics and social issues were verbatim everything they heard and saw in the India media. Eventually, both moved to a European country in their late teens. They're getting married and having kids now, and seeing the transformation in their attitude and understanding is spectacular. Their WhatsApp statuses are passionately pro-Sikh. They send me links to articles in Punjabi about Sikh independence and self-determination. They've started to appreciate and understand Sikhi MORE since leaving India than they ever did when they lived there. It's as if since escaping the bubble of Indian brainwashing they've suddenly started to think for themselves.

You Indian guys don't realise how strongly Indian state propaganda has pervaded the resident Sikh's consciousness. You've been conditioned to despise the one true hero of the quom of the previous century, and therefore despise his aims for our collective future. They have your balls in a vice, and you can't see it. It's not your fault. The Indian machine is insidiously powerful. Don't be fooled by the mistaken belief that these harmless, third-world, dhoti-wearing little brown people are soft. Physically, they may be cowards, but they are no less cunning and conniving than any other similar races on this planet.

LOL I could tell you were side eyeing me when you started talking about cousins coming to west and changing.

By my posts here you should have known by now bro I am not the one who bought the propaganda of indian state , infact I have often cross-questioned some of the people in my office who talked of bhindrawale as terrorist : "How do you know that he's a terrorist ? you only know what the media tells you"

Many singhs in my neighborhood especially love bhindrawale , and many modern sikhs love him secretly even though if not outwardly. I used to believe if bhindrawale was not hiding in akal takht sahib, we would not have seen the carnage of 84 and we would still have the priceless sikh reference library , but then later when i came to knew of a hindu generals book by Gen SK Sinha that army was already preparing to attack darbar sahib 2 yrs before , then it was a shocker to me.

ALSO , the biggest thing that put the so called khadku leaning thoughts in my head were seeing how RSS and such orgs have nefarious designs for sikhs. That was perhaps biggest motivation lol

A colleague otherwise helpful jokingly told me on tea break "But you support khalistan , right?". I said "No i am indian" , to which he replied "yes until you go to canada " ??